The Trade Thread

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I look forward to the Chevy interview where he says that they were working on lots of things but the cost was too high. Maybe next year! Renew your season tickets, please. 

Or we think we added a few key pieces and I'm confident in what we have here to make the playoffs and do some damage. Now It's up to them to execute in last part of the season. 

6 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

SJS Klingberg to MIN who also have acquired Oskar Sundqvist from the Detroit Red Wings.

Reading this I'll quote Ralphie from Christmas story FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu . . .

In the 21 games we have remaining, how many points do we need to secure to make the playoffs?

Dear Suckers (I mean Season Ticket Holders),

Sorry we got sweep in round one. We hope that you will be back again for the 2023/2024 NHL season. Prices are going up 10% next season. We also aren't doing anything to enhance the fan experience but concession prices will be going up too. Just be happy you have an NHL team.

True North Sports and Entertainment

Well you shoudn't be too disparaged as a Jet fan......we have all kinds of cap room.....one star counting the days till he joins the Habs and another wanting a trade out of town.....and the rumoured news that Atlanta is getting another nhl club .....geez ...could it be the return of the Thrashers et al Jets

Edited by Stickem

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Well you shoudn't be too disparaged as a Jet fan......we have all kinds of cap room.....one star counting the days till he joins the Habs and another wanting a trade out of town.....and the rumoured news that Atlanta is getting another nhl club .....geez ...could it be the return of the Thrashers et al Jets

Dubois wants to go to Montreal, who is the other guy wanting a trade? EDIT - oh I see Logan Stanley.  Yeah I'd have traded him.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

14 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Who said anything about giving him a job for life?

Bit of a dumb and useless comment.

He's been our GM since Day 1. Chipman won't fire him no matter how bad it gets. 

8 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

that's all she wrote folks.   If we somehow manage to get into the playoffs, we'll be done in 5 games.  Chevy should be gone this year.  Bring in someone with a new vision.

Job for life. 

11 minutes ago, JCon said:

Only thing I can think is that Chevy doesn't see this team, as constructed, as capable of winning and expects a clear out this summer.  

I think this might be part of it…  For all of those upset over the lack of activity;  Do you think this team is a piece or two away from making a serious run?  Because it would have cost a lot of future draft picks and or prospects.  We all like the idea of making a splash before the deadline, but I’m not sure I would have mortgaged the future to bolster a team that is playing the way they currently are.  If Chevy did make a big move or two, and the team flamed out, he’d be getting ripped for that too.

Im not saying I’d be against a change at GM, but it wouldn’t be based on the inactivity over the last week or two.

33 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I think this might be part of it…  For all of those upset over the lack of activity;  Do you think this team is a piece or two away from making a serious run?  Because it would have cost a lot of future draft picks and or prospects.  We all like the idea of making a splash before the deadline, but I’m not sure I would have mortgaged the future to bolster a team that is playing the way they currently are.  If Chevy did make a big move or two, and the team flamed out, he’d be getting ripped for that too.

Im not saying I’d be against a change at GM, but it wouldn’t be based on the inactivity over the last week or two.

It actually wouldn't have cost much, by the looks of things, to acquire some pieces. 

But, I wouldn't trust Chevy to rebuild anything. He hasn't built anything so far. 

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

It actually wouldn't have cost much, by the looks of things, to acquire some pieces. 

But, I wouldn't trust Chevy to rebuild anything. He hasn't built anything so far. 

Not true. He’s built a good bank account at the paying Jet’s fans expense …

54 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

<b>Im not saying I’d be against a change at GM, but it wouldn’t be based on the inactivity over the last week or two.<b>

Yeah, I’m thinking the lack of real success over the last 8 or so years since he was able to dispose of the Atlanta stuff and then was able to draft some good players …

• 3 months later...

Montreal Canadiens general manager Kent Hughes announced on Tuesday that the team has acquired the rights to forward Alex Newhook in exchange for Montreal's 31st (previously acquired from Florida) and 37th overall picks in 2023 and defenseman Gianni Fairbrother.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/canadiens-acquire-rights-to-alex-newhook/c-345041844

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Per darren drager on twitter (let's  be fair the waiting is a bigger beast)

The PLD trade, technically, is a beast. All involved are still working on the contract extension. Because of cap issues, expect the Jets to make another move…likely buying out Wheeler. Still moving parts.