Osh is a Legend

Floyd

11 minutes ago, Carlos Harper said:

Theoretically Walters deal is up as well with no news of an extension.

If I remember correctly Walters re-signed prior to O'Shea and believe MOS re-signed going into the third year of his deal back then (2015).  

Walters contract expires one year after...intentionally.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Walters contract expires one year after...intentionally.

Correct. They both signed 3-year extensions in 2016, which added three years to Walters existing contract that went until 2017. He's here for another year and hopefully more. 

MOS likes to let his contracts run out betting on himself. I expect him back next year and hopefully for many more. 

Edited by JCon

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

Correct. They both signed 3-year extensions in 2016, which added three years to Walters existing contract that went until 2017. He's here for another year and hopefully more. 

MOS likes to let his contracts run out betting on himself. I expect him back next year and hopefully for many more. 

I pray you're right, sir...

26 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

By that rationale, 8 head coaches should be fired at year's end.

No, just the second longest tenured coach who can't win. Don't know how Walters can sell another 3 years of the same old to fans if this team under O'Shea fails in the playoffs once again. I actually like Mike. He's a decent guy but at some point he has to be held accountable for failing to win. IF he doesn't win again this post season. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, just the second longest tenured coach who can't win. Don't know how Walters can sell another 3 years of the same old to fans if this team under O'Shea fails in the playoffs once again. I actually like Mike. He's a decent guy but at some point he has to be held accountable for failing to win. IF he doesn't win again this post season. 

Except we've had double digit win totals 4 straight years... so it's odd phrasing. Keep doing that the playoff wins will come. 

Some people let this 1990 crap cloud their judgement.

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Except we've had double digit win totals 4 straight years... so it's odd phrasing. Keep doing that the playoff wins will come. 

Some people let this 1990 crap cloud their judgement.

Well, how can it not? I mean it's only been 30 years. But this has nothing to do with the last 30 years but the last 6. Since we became competitive in 2016, we haven't been able to get over the hump with this coaching regime. I just think that giving O'Shea a new 3 year deal will make some Bomber fans happy & anger others thus polarizing the fanbase which will cause problems.  We all hope that this is the year so let's see what happens. 

Well Calgary has been a pretty big ******* hump! It's almost like not winning the west during the esks dynasty days. 

Me I got no problem keeping the gm and head coach who turned around a tire fire and built a team that is always competitive for a while longer. 

But some of you with the championship or  just mentality... that's how this mess started in the first place! Ritchie can't get em over the hump fire him! Look at the cycle that took. 

If Sask. eclipses us headed for the Cup then there has to be some accountability...Trying to sell mediocrity and spinning your tires is not going to go down well IF we are one and done....The knives will be out...O'Shea will likely be gone (if he doesn't have those plans already) and the house cleaning will begin....Of course we can still win it all and everything will be hunky dory... Not many people putting money on that scenario though..We'll see 

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

If Sask. eclipses us headed for the Cup then there has to be some accountability...Trying to sell mediocrity and spinning your tires is not going to go down well IF we are one and done....The knives will be out...O'Shea will likely be gone (if he doesn't have those plans already) and the house cleaning will begin....Of course we can still win it all and everything will be hunky dory... Not many people putting money on that scenario though..We'll see 

yeah not sure what the Vegas odds would be on that one but they would be significant. As for me I see us one and done in the playoffs and then the house cleaning starts! Where it starts is anyone's guess but I think O'Shea will be gone first however who really knows.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Well Calgary has been a pretty big ******* hump! It's almost like not winning the west during the esks dynasty days. 

Me I got no problem keeping the gm and head coach who turned around a tire fire and built a team that is always competitive for a while longer. 

But some of you with the championship or  just mentality... that's how this mess started in the first place! Ritchie can't get em over the hump fire him! Look at the cycle that took. 

Exactly this. This 3 year cycle has gone on for so long that it's expected. I swear, some people just want it because it makes for a more interesting off season. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, how can it not? I mean it's only been 30 years. But this has nothing to do with the last 30 years but the last 6. Since we became competitive in 2016, we haven't been able to get over the hump with this coaching regime. I just think that giving O'Shea a new 3 year deal will make some Bomber fans happy & anger others thus polarizing the fanbase which will cause problems.  We all hope that this is the year so let's see what happens. 

It has been 30 years.  So what?  Why do people keep bringing that up when talking about this regime?  They are not responsible for 30 years.  They're responsible for 6, and the first two of those was righting the organization.  So really, we're looking at the past four.  Know who else hasn't won in the last four years?  The Bombers and four other teams, in other words, the majority of the teams in the  CFL.  I swear to god that the next guy that mentions the "30 year drought" and the current organization should have this happen to him:

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I'd agree if we'd actually faced Calgary more than once in the playoffs...

Osh/Hall/Lapo has beaten Brandon Bridge in the playoffs... and that's it - changing something up after six years if not hitting the panic button

We need a playoff win this year to justify keeping the 'trinity' in tact

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

I'd agree if we'd actually faced Calgary more than once in the playoffs...

Osh/Hall/Lapo has beaten Brandon Bridge in the playoffs... and that's it - changing something up after six years if not hitting the panic button

We need a playoff win this year to justify keeping the 'trinity' in tact

With the back up quarterback? Possibly facing Bo Levi Mitchell? No I don't think it's as big a deal as that should they lose.

I mean really 2 of their playoff losses at to BLM and Reilly who are the best 2 QBs to play recently. The first one in BC I chalk up to simply the first playoff experience jitters.

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

With the back up quarterback? Possibly facing Bo Levi Mitchell? No I don't think it's as big a deal as that should they lose.

I mean really 2 of their playoff losses at to BLM and Reilly who are the best 2 QBs to play recently. The first one in BC I chalk up to simply the first playoff experience jitters.

So many excuses!!  Poor bombers have to win with their backup... just like every other team in the league this year...

Ahhhh playoff jitters... against Jonathon Jennings...   that was just a classic Richie Hall collapse like we've seen time and time again

We were in the Calgary and Edmonton games until the 4th...  Lapo couldn't score and Hall couldn't stop them when it counted - it wasn't Reilly and BLM being unstoppable

Its the same story over and over for four years now 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

What mess? You're the one who said that we've had 4 straight seasons of 10 win seasons. I'd hardly call that a mess. However, if Mike can't get us over the hump this season in the last year of his contract then how does Miller & Walters justify signing him long term? Can't use injuries as an excuse as all teams have to deal with them. Especially the Ti Cats with Masoli lost for the season.  A one year contract extension for O'Shea sure, but not 3 years. But we know that won't happen, though. 

25 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What mess? You're the one who said that we've had 4 straight seasons of 10 win seasons. I'd hardly call that a mess. However, if Mike can't get us over the hump this season in the last year of his contract then how does Miller & Walters justify signing him long term? Can't use injuries as an excuse as all teams have to deal with them. Especially the Ti Cats with Masoli lost for the season.  A one year contract extension for O'Shea sure, but not 3 years. But we know that won't happen, though. 

It was a mess when Walters and oshea took over.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

So many excuses!!  Poor bombers have to win with their backup... just like every other team in the league this year...

Ahhhh playoff jitters... against Jonathon Jennings...   that was just a classic Richie Hall collapse like we've seen time and time again

We were in the Calgary and Edmonton games until the 4th...  Lapo couldn't score and Hall couldn't stop them when it counted - it wasn't Reilly and BLM being unstoppable

Its the same story over and over for four years now 

Reasons. Not excuses. Let's look at this from an honest perspective, the first 2 playoff games this team lost because the D simply wasn't good enough. But that aspect of the team has been improved the past 2 seasons. Last season they had a D capable of winning in the playoffs and got a win in the semi final and then ran into Calgary who also had a top D and a better offense. 

This is why I don't get my panties twisted at the playoff record. You gotta look at the big picture. 

And really we are going into the playoffs this year with our backup, sask and Calgary aren't. Sure Saskatchewan decided their backup was the better option, but he is their starter now and has been since they traded Collaros. Calgary though has their championship winning qb at the helmet, that's a big advantage for them when compared with 2nd year and raw as hell Streveler.

Again, big picture folks. Don't get hung up on the record. Look at why the record exists and why we can not make a knee jerk reaction.

3 hours ago, BBRT said:

yeah not sure what the Vegas odds would be on that one but they would be significant. As for me I see us one and done in the playoffs and then the house cleaning starts! Where it starts is anyone's guess but I think O'Shea will be gone first however who really knows.

House cleaning may be difficult when everyone in the organization is joined at the hip & are BFF's. How do you fire your bestie?

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That was 6 years ago. It's like Trudeau still blaming Harper. Makes no sense. 

The thing that concerns me most is the M.O. hasn't changed -- defensive collapses when we need a stop and anemic offense when we need to move the sticks. It has been this way since forever with this regime and this year has been no different.

1 minute ago, J5V said:

The thing that concerns me most is the M.O. hasn't changed -- defensive collapses when we need a stop and anemic offense when we need to move the sticks. It has been this way since forever with this regime and this year has been no different.

The problem are his two coordinators. He absolutely Refuses. To. Change. Them. So then, nothing changes. Everything stays the same. And if he comes back next year then nothing will change.  It's like we're caught in a loop where everything just goes round & round.