Osh is a Legend

Floyd

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Can’t change the fact that Kharu got Vernon Adams on his game when no one else could

If he’s a QB friendly coach, he’s already got a lot of guys beat

i have to agree Khari is outperforming Osh especially in that he’s playing dual roles - we will see if he sustains it

Looking back at it he has had strong success with at the time beleaguered QBs. One of Glenns best seasons after he seemed done in hamilton, Khari coached him (took over as OC that year). Durants career year and ssk grey cup win in 2013. Jonathon jennings big year, yep khari jones. Now Vernon adams too. 

His offenses are very aggressive. He really seems to be boom or bust, but out side of ssk he hasnt had the most to work with by any means. 

11 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I dont remember that at all. I do remember people saying that if they could put it together they would make some noise. 

Short memory. Go back and look at the MBB power rankings at the start of the season, the other games / als game threads, the 2019 standings prediction thread etc etc 🙄

And that's not that I'm trying to discredit Jones, hell I was on here begging for him to be hired instead of Lapo back in the day (and lots of people said Khari was a crappy coach at the time time). I'd still take Khari in a heart beat, but Mike O'Shea is a damned good coach too and we'd be fools to let him get away. Now if he chooses to leave on his own so be it, but to give him the boot, that would be dumb. 

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

And that's not that I'm trying to discredit Jones, hell I was on here begging for him to be hired instead of Lapo back in the day (and lots of people said Khari was a crappy coach at the time time). I'd still take Khari in a heart beat, but Mike O'Shea is a damned good coach too and we'd be fools to let him get away. Now if he chooses to leave on his own so be it, but to give him the boot, that would be dumb. 

agree. 

39 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Khari kicked around the league for many years as an O.C. in BC and Hamilton with middling success and was even demoted back to QB coach in Sask. for a stretch under Cortez, so he's no magic bullet solution.

2 hours ago, jazzsax said:

The fact of the matter is... if we were in the East Osh would have had us to at least two GC's by now. 

We are in the juggernaut of the west and have a much tougher climb. End of story.

The fact of the matter is your statement is pure conjecture. More of a dream than a fact.

Calgary is the juggernaught in the West. In 2016 we lost in the playoffs to BC. In 2017 we lost in the playoffs to Edmonton. In 2018, we beat Saskatchewan with their backup QB, then lost to Calgary. That's 1 time in 5 seasons that we lost to the juggernaught team in the playoffs.  

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I dont remember that at all. I do remember people saying that if they could put it together they would make some noise. 

I also remember people here saying Jones HC career would be finished before it started in Montreal. That the Als were a graveyard for head coaches. 

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Khari kicked around the league for many years as an O.C. in BC and Hamilton with middling success and was even demoted back to QB coach in Sask. for a stretch under Cortez, so he's no magic bullet solution.

Yeah, agree on that. To a lot of folks Khari was hot garbage as an OC. It seemed his offenses always struggled. Now he's a genius. Vernon Adams was the key. He found in Khari someone who believed in him instead of that disaster of a qb in Pipkin. 

Osh probably is done in Winnipeg. He's 55-51 I think, a bit better than .500. You'd hope for better after six years. So I am OK he he moves on to Toronto or wherever. The question becomes - who will replace him. I don't see Khari leaving MTL, town is too fun. And he's got something good going on there with Joe Mack and that team. I hope the next Bombers HC is not Lapo - been there, done that.  What if Bombers took a flyer on someone like Ryan Dinwiddie - who did a great job with Arbuckle and the Stamps QBs.  It's time we had someone with real Offensive knowledge calling the shots here. Could be just the ticket if we can keep Streveler on a long-term deal.

Edited by Doublezero

1 minute ago, Doublezero said:

Osh probably is done in Winnipeg. He's 55-51 I think, a bit better than .500. You'd hope for better after six years. So I am OK he he moves on to Toronto or wherever. The question becomes - who will replace him. I don't see Khari leaving MTL, town is too fun. And he's got something good going on there with Joe Mack and that team. I hope the next Bombers HC is not Lapo - been there, done that.  What if Bombers took a flyer on someone like Ryan Dinwiddie - who did a great job with Arbuckle and the Stamps QBs.  Could be just the ticket if we can keep Streveler on a long-term deal.

Dinwiddie would be considered a rookie head coach right ?...... so would you want the Bombers to be the teacher of another rookie HC .?  Another 6 years of giving them the benefit of the doubt.

31 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Dinwiddie would be considered a rookie head coach right ?...... so would you want the Bombers to be the teacher of another rookie HC .?  Another 6 years of giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I'd like to see Dinwiddie come in here as an OC along with long time Stamps receiver coach Pete Costanza. Those guys know the Stamps system cold. 

Dinwiddie is in his 6th year of coaching in the CFL - that is about twice as much CFL coaching experience as OShea had when he got here. But hey  - I just threw the name out there. Who else is out there that isn't going to be a major question mark? Definitely time for someone who knows the offensive side of the game calling the shots IMHO.

37 minutes ago, Noeller said:

A lot of insane things have been said in this thread lately, but people wanting yet another rookie HC and thinking that will go well, is a new low.... Ffs. 

Because more of the same would be so much better.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

What's wrong with a team that puts up more wins than losses each season? Haven't we all seen enough of the out of contention before Labour Day teams to appreciate what we have here?

You're overreacting. O'Shea, and/or Lapo and Hall, could very well be gone after this season but that doesn't mean we immediately collapse into chaos and turmoil. Walters has done a decent job of upgrading the talent on this team, although I wish he had found some stud receivers, and a new HC and some new assistants might be a good thing. Some new approaches, different schemes, better roster management, and more flexibility and in-game adjustments to what other teams are doing, might be just the thing to put us over the top. Why be so negative about it?

12 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

It took MOS 3 years to get a playoff game. 4 years to get to 2nd place. 5 years to win a playoff game.

Khari inherited a mess this year. Late in the off season. No chance to hire his own coaching staff. Lost his GM too. He got his team in 2nd place year 1. A home playoff game. If he wins it, he's tied with MOS for playoff wins and he has a home playoff win, something that MOS most likely won't do in year 6.

yeah well, in those 6 years- MOS would have had a lot more success if we were in the east as well. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

13 minutes ago, J5V said:

You're overreacting. O'Shea, and/or Lapo and Hall, could very well be gone after this season

Some people want to keep Mike, no matter what he does performance wise.

The team could go third, lose first game, and there are some people that would still keep him.

Edited by Mark F