World Politics

Wanna-B-Fanboy

5 hours ago, Tracker said:

Alexander Ermochenko/Reuters
Two commanders participating in Russia’s globally condemned invasion of Ukraine were killed Friday, according to Western officials cited by The Independent. Since the war began nine days ago, three senior officers in the Russian military have so far lost their lives to fierce resistance on the Ukrainian side. Yesterday, it was confirmed that Maj. Gen. Andrei Sukhovetsky, deputy commander of the 41st Combined Arms Army of the Central District, died in combat. Russian troops have reportedly been sticking with tactics that proved unsuccessful, rather than cutting their losses and trying something new. “In this campaign, it’s been remarkable that they have continued to reinforce failure,” an unidentified Western official told The Independent. “That lack of operational agility I find surprising.”

Russians Are Tipping Off Ukraine To Putin’s Plots To Kill Zelensky

Russian spies who oppose the invasion of Ukraine have tipped off the Ukrainians three times to plots to kill Zelensky.

Russian double agents have stopped plots to kill Zelensky, “Ukrainian national security chief Oleksiy Danilov told a Ukrainian television network that double agents from Russia’s Federal Security Service or FSB warned them of the attempts. “I can say that we have received information from the FSB, who do not want to take part in this bloody war, and thanks to this, the Kadyrov elite group was destroyed, which came here to eliminate our president.”

Zelensky’s status as a global cult hero has to be driving Putin crazy, which is why he is using one of his favorite tactics of assassinating his opposition. There are many Russians who don’t want the war with Ukraine, and Americans have seen similar lower-stakes situations play out during the Trump administration, as people within the government worked to stop Trump from within.  Putin is not only fighting Ukraine. He is battling his own people.
Internationally, President Biden has been making sure that Ukraine gets US intelligence within minutes, as there are people worldwide, including in Russia, who are working to stop Putin and his deadly invasion.

Even Russians are fighting against Putin in Ukraine.

I don't know if it's been confirmed or not but I've seen tweets mention the Russians have lost 2 generals so far, I'm not sure how that happens as the top guys are usually positioned 25 miles or more behind the frontline. There is so much garbage posted now that it makes it difficult to determine what is real and what is not.

21 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Russias oil is easily replaced. The country is ready and willing, the USA just needs to lift their sanctions on it. Venezuela has more oil than russia but the USA won't touch it. 

I am not so sure about that.

Germany gets 1/3 of their raw oil from Russia, and 1/2 of their gas

(I heard this in a German newscast, that I use for German language instruction: https://www.zdf.de/kinder/logo/logo-vom-freitag-4-maerz-2022-102.html)

That's just one European nation.  How much extra cost is Europe willing (or able) to absorb?

10 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

I don't know if it's been confirmed or not but I've seen tweets mention the Russians have lost 2 generals so far, I'm not sure how that happens as the top guys are usually positioned 25 miles or more behind the frontline. There is so much garbage posted now that it makes it difficult to determine what is real and what is not.

The total to date is three confirmed Russian/Chechnyan generals killed. The last one was killed by a Ukrainian sniper from a distance of 1500 meters. Good  to see a capital piece taken off the board instead of just pawns.

On 2022-03-03 at 12:44 PM, Rich said:

Hypothetical question here.  As more natural resources start becoming available in the arctic and Russia decides they want access to them and starts annexing parts of Canada, would you stand by and fall in line or would you fight for your way of life and country?   

Don't want to get into a debate on whether or not the US would ever allow that to happen, but trying to put yourself in the shoes of being a citizen of an invaded country.

People will be too busy bitching about vaccine mandates to fight.

46 minutes ago, bustamente said:

As I said before if you are an American in Russia get out as fast as you can, and leave you drug paraphernalia behind, but now you are a Putin bargaining chip

Stupid people doing stupid things. 

On 2022-03-03 at 10:07 AM, Mark F said:

The far left and far right have converged on this. 

Fox news, tucker carlson, rebel media, and counterpunch/Jacobin /Amy Goodman, Code Pink, are In full agreement:

"Ukraine invasion,Its all America and Europe's fault. Anyway, not really that bad after all."

it's  here too. 

Soon it will be our fault because we have an arctic.

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

As I said before if you are an American in Russia get out as fast as you can, and leave you drug paraphernalia behind, but now you are a Putin bargaining chip

They can't get out. There are no flights. I've heard people are driving to Finland to try to get flights out. 

On 2022-03-04 at 12:06 PM, JCon said:

Russia produces 4% of the world's oil. We can easily overcome the shortage, provided we can get the product to the markets that need it. 

Not only are the Russians having trouble selling it, the ruble has been devastated. 

12% of the world's total. Which makes them the world's largest oil exporter. They supply more than half of Europe's oil. 

18 hours ago, bustamente said:

The Russian money is drying up and they need it to continue being in office, kill Zelenskyy, put in a puppet government, Ukraine fades away and the sanctions are lifted and the flow of Russian money starts up again

That is an exceptionally high degree of selfishness,stupidity, total,lack of any kind of human decency by these two.

we knew they were trash, but this takes it to new levels.

holy facking crap trump republican party really is a subsidiary of putin russia.

"

"A Trump appointee on Friday accused Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky of being a "puppet" and said Russia has been too gentle in their attack on Ukraine. 

In an interview with Fox Business' Stuart Varney, retired Col. Douglas Macgregor — who former President Donald Trump appointed as a senior advisor to the Secretary of Defense — said that there was nothing "heroic" about Zelensky, who has led his country's resistance against invading Russian forces.

"The first five days Russian forces I think frankly were too gentle," he said. "They've now corrected that. So, I would say another ten days this should be completely over."

Macgregor — who was also tapped by Trump to serve as ambassador to Germany in July 2020 before the nomination stalled in the Senate — said that the war could have "ended days ago" if Zelensky had accepted what the Russians have sought, which he said is a "neutral Ukraine.""

business insider

being fully exposed now for the filth they are.

let's hope that Putin falls, and the full depth of Russian corruption of Republicans

Investigated. These people are traitors.

Infuriating.  Putin himself could not ask for more from rubio.

Edited by Mark F

9 hours ago, bustamente said:

Companies have figured out less product, more demand, higher prices, bigger profits and that's across the board

Capitalism at it’s finest.

9 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

So Shell, since you got oil at 23% off the going rate, I look forward to you dropping gas prices down to $1.26 at the pump at all your stations any day now. You’ll be able to corner the market with that discount.

Yeah, I won’t hold my breath.  

And I’ve noticed, at least here in Alberta,   that Shell outlets are always the first out of the gate to jack up their at the pump prices when barrel prices rise.