Bombers release Chris Matthews

trueBlue83

15 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Ah the good old days of Swaggerville. Lost the next two and went into a swoon. I remember Slimy Climie calling us the worst 7-1 team he's ever seen. I do not miss that clown shoe.

I remember the East Final. We pounded the ball all day long on the Ticats. Thought we were closing out the old stadium but, alas, one more season there. 

So cold my beer was freezing and I wasn't drinking slowly! 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

I remember the East Final. We pounded the ball all day long on the Ticats. Thought we were closing out the old stadium but, alas, one more season there. 

So cold my beer was freezing and I wasn't drinking slowly! 

Yup Chris Garrett ran wild on them. That was a cold freakin' day!

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Ah the good old days of Swaggerville. Lost the next two and went into a swoon. I remember Slimy Climie calling us the worst 7-1 team he's ever seen. I do not miss that clown shoe.

**** Jock Climie- I always thought his name sounded like a euphemism for chlamydia. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

9 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

The worst game with Burke was the BC one with Boltus where BC had at least 2 tds on defense and I was wondering what the record for defensive touchdowns in a game was and whether we would break it. Oh and if Boltus would set a turnover record. Worst game I ever went to live.

The record (per the 2017 CFL record book) for defensive touchdowns in a single game is 4, it happened when the Argos and Ti-Cats played on October 7, 2000. Can't find the box score, but according to Wikipedia the final score was 29-12 in favor of the Argos, the Argos had 3 interceptions for a touchdown, and a fumble return for a touchdown.

9 hours ago, Floyd said:

You think Odell would have caught that football if it was frozen...?

No, but I think Manny Arceneux and Geroy Simon would've spent alot more time trying to stay warm by a block heater as opposed to torching our secondary. A wintry game similar to the Easter Final would've favored that D, in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

No, but I think Manny Arceneux and Geroy Simon would've spent alot more time trying to stay warm by a block heater as opposed to torching our secondary. A wintry game similar to the Easter Final would've favored that D, in my opinion.

It was also a home game for them.

12 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Tim Burke took a knee to go to over time instead of trying for the winning field goal against a team we had no business beating.

That game broke me.

Thanks for reliving that memory. Brought the word Dumbfounded to a whole new level. I still have the lines from my gapping mouth.

21 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

$107,000 with no signing bonus as confirmed by Jeff Hamilton.

So slightly above average CFL salary (average around $90,000).

Have no proof and it's done and gone so it doesn't matter, but have a hard time believing Matthews would have signed for three years at $107,000.

Maybe a one year deal to try and leverage position for a better contract down the road.  Have to think his agent would have had knowledge of some of the other signings like Ellingson, Walker, SJ Green and wouldn't have committed to a long term deal for less than a comparable package. 

My take is Bomber spin on trying to lessen the negative publicity.

Adams, Lawler, Bailey and the rest were all on the roster before Matthews was brought in so nothing changed there.

Just now, Carlos Harper said:

Have no proof and it's done and gone so it doesn't matter, but have a hard time believing Matthews would have signed for three years at $107,000.

Maybe a one year deal to try and leverage position for a better contract down the road.  Have to think his agent would have had knowledge of some of the other signings like Ellingson, Walker, SJ Green and wouldn't have committed to a long term deal for less than a comparable package. 

My take is Bomber spin on trying to lessen the negative publicity.

Adams, Lawler, Bailey and the rest were all on the roster before Matthews was brought in so nothing changed there.

So, you have no evidence but you assume the worst? Amazing that you showed up the week of the LDC, focused solely on a under performing WR. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

So, you have no evidence but you assume the worst? Amazing that you showed up the week of the LDC, focused solely on a under performing WR. 

Nice change of topic. Some say offence is the best form of defence.

Matthews was $200,000 + all day long. 

Bomber management have a hard time with planning for the future. 

Just now, Carlos Harper said:

Nice change of topic. Some say offence is the best form of defence.

Matthews was $200,000 + all day long. 

Bomber management have a hard time with planning for the future. 

He wasn't.

I wasn't changing the subject.

It was reported at the time that he came at a discount. Go back and read the articles. 

Go back to the Crider forum.