Week Of: Bombers @ Argos

Noeller

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

but will anybody notice? 

Remember when Bluto was hyping that guy up last season? Wilder hasn't done **** since that first partial season. 

To be fair Wilder did look pretty impressive in his first couple of games. Then I presume everyone figured it out. 

2 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

To be fair Wilder did look pretty impressive in his first couple of games. Then I presume everyone figured it out. 

He is a head case imo. Could easily dominate and become an NFL starter. Lacks the consistent motor and grittiness needed by a big back. He was hungry when he came into the league, but that didnt last. 

Hes like lawrence phillips (that that nutty) in that even working at 80% effort he could be an excellent sub elite starting rb in this league. 
He has 26 less receiving yards then our leading wr, and on track for over 1200 yards from the line of scrimmage with a turrible argos team. That said I could see him being gone from the argos after this year and getting as little as 1 more shot with a cfl team. 

Teams just arent going to spend that kind of money on a guy whose that low effort. 

Wonder who Kongbo replaces on the roster ratio wise..is it a guy like Rush or Lalama..and play strictly teams..or does he say replace Warren and come in on defense in limited reps and we use that DI spot on another receiver..or DB

If Adam's is out this week I'd like to see us sit Walker and put Bailey in as the di and rotate him in and out of the offence.

I bet he's one of those guys who once he gets a shot..he will make it so y k..i u cant take him out..guy was one of the most fluid and smoothest prospects I've seen brought in to camp in a while.

Let Lucky handle main returner duties and downsize his offensive reps to keep him 

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He is a head case imo. Could easily dominate and become an NFL starter. Lacks the consistent motor and grittiness needed by a big back. He was hungry when he came into the league, but that didnt last. 

Hes like lawrence phillips (that that nutty) in that even working at 80% effort he could be an excellent sub elite starting rb in this league. 
He has 26 less receiving yards then our leading wr, and on track for over 1200 yards from the line of scrimmage with a turrible argos team. That said I could see him being gone from the argos after this year and getting as little as 1 more shot with a cfl team. 

Teams just arent going to spend that kind of money on a guy whose that low effort. 

To be fair Wilder doesn't have much blocking help in T.O., every time he touches the ball it's like a major battle to gain even a few yards.  No wonder he's injured.

8 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

To be fair Wilder doesn't have much blocking help in T.O., every time he touches the ball it's like a major battle to gain even a few yards.  No wonder he's injured.

He doesnt have much help. But weve seen harris with similar amounts of pressure in the back field do far better. 

Just now, Booch said:

Wonder who Kongbo replaces on the roster ratio wise..is it a guy like Rush or Lalama..and play strictly teams..or does he say replace Warren and come in on defense in limited reps and we use that DI spot on another receiver..or DB

If Adam's is out this week I'd like to see us sit Walker and put Bailey in as the di and rotate him in and out of the offence.

I bet he's one of those guys who once he gets a shot..he will make it so y k..i u cant take him out..guy was one of the most fluid and smoothest prospects I've seen brought in to camp in a while.

Let Lucky handle main returner duties and downsize his offensive reps to keep him 

My guess is Kongbo replaces Rush if there are no other injuries among the NI's.  The other option would be Wright.

The Bombers didn't dress a DI at LB vs Hamilton.

I think we should start showing a two returner look with Whitehead and whoever else is on to make the kicker think about placement.  We are basically never trying for punt blocks and with the new roughing the kicker rules there is no point anyway.  If the kicker misplaces his kick having two guys deep could really punish the cover team.

In terms of receivers it's interesting that when the going gets tough our most reliable guy is Wolitarsky.  Lapo needs to remember that.  He has an ability to snag tough balls and find the chains that not many on our team do.  I'd also like to see Petermann get more run even if everyone is healthy, gives an opportunity to use Demski in more suitable ways and not as a traditional slot.  I think Lawler has a lot to offer.  Will be interesting to see if Matthews steps up now.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Disagree, remove O-line blocking for Harris and he ends up with a 3.5 yd. average per carry, one of his best assets is utilizing his blockers.

He has seen some fantastic run blocking here,(also some dismal blocking) but when you are a prolific runner you see gap cancellation and run blitzes more and more. All of which is why you see him contacted in the back field constantly by defenders. Its extraordinarily rare for a back like harris to pick up the first 5 yards with out considerable contact. 

Edited by wbbfan

9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I agree with Booch, would like to see Bailey if Adams is out. Suspect we see Walker and must say last game he didn't impress me much.

Thought I saw on Twitter somewhere that Mike Jones would come in for Walker.

Just now, Brandon said:

Is it bad that I'm glad Wilder is not playing purely because I cringe at the thought of listening to Rod Black reminding everyone that Wildman Wilder is a wrestler  every time he carries the ball.  :47_tired_face::47_tired_face:

Too bad rod black cant miss a few games. 6 or 700 ideally.