2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Trevor Harris is your CFL player of the month. Its all stats folks cuz the peeps deciding aint Watching. 

Nichols is more MOP. What a joke tho about Harris.. Trevor. 

Should be Andrew Harris but maybe he wasnt because of failed drug test.

Im afraid this could be a picture of things to come.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Harris #33 has probably screwed himself out of any MOP or MOC awards.

Not his fault but yes.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

sheer optics says he will get zero votes for any awards this year....

I can see him nominated possibly but he wont win sadly. 

https://3downnation.com/2019/08/29/2019-cfl-player-award-predictions-revisited/

2019 CFL player award predictions revisited

Most Outstanding Canadian 

Dunk — LB Cory Greenwood, Calgary Stampeders

Original Prediction: REC Juwan Brescacin, Calgary Stampeders

If not for Andrew Harris’ drug suspension this award would be a runaway. That’s recently changed. Greenwood quietly leads the league in tackles after stepping in for Alex Singleton.

Hodge — RB Andrew Harris, Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Original Prediction: REC Lemar Durant, B.C. Lions

Durant has had a great season, on pace for 1,000 receiving yards and eight touchdowns. Harris has been flat-out dominant, though his recent suspension will turn some voters off.

Smith — RB Andrew Harris, Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Original Prediction: RB Andrew Harris, Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Sean Thomas-Erlington may have challenged for this award had he stayed healthy, but Harris has been the league’s best Canadian player thus far. Unless voters are swayed by his positive drug test, he will run away (no pun intended) with the award.

Filoso — RB Andrew Harris, Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Heading into the season, expectations were high for Harris. Somehow, the 32-year old has surpassed them. Harris has been nothing short of spectacular game in and game out.

Gasson — RB Andrew Harris, Winnipeg Blue Bombers

I don’t think the suspension is enough to cost him this one. The 32-year-old has been remarkable this year.

Ballantine — LB Cory Greenwood, Calgary

The drug suspension will play poorly for Harris, allowing Greenwood to capture the West nomination and crown.

Alfieri — RB Andrew Harris, Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Original Prediction: REC Brad Sinopoli, Ottawa Redblacks

I think the two-game suspension is going to hurt Harris, but he’s just too far ahead of every other Canadian right now. Unfortunately for Sinopoli, the Redblacks just can’t get him the ball.

Found this video on the Internet. We all know the CFL has attendance issues. Back in 1977 when Montreal got 70,000 to a home game with the Argos. Back when the CFL was relevant to Canadians. When teams sold out their games routinely. Halfway thru a 16 game schedule & already the CFL had attracted a million fans to its games league wide. Hard to believe that today.

Hey BC - let each of your sea

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Found this video on the Internet. We all know the CFL has attendance issues. Back in 1977 when Montreal got 70,000 to a home game with the Argos. Back when the CFL was relevant to Canadians. When teams sold out their games routinely. Halfway thru a 16 game schedule & already the CFL had attracted a million fans to its games league wide. Hard to believe that today.

The way BCs season has gone this is the year to try to promote hard 

Let each season ticket holder buy a block of 10 seats for 100$ in one of those deserted sections - get butts in the seats   try to entertain them 

The sad part about Harris is that this will taint his accomplishments, which have been staggering. But all it takes is one incident. As someone once said, if you build a hundred bridges, you will be known as a bride builder. But following those accomplishments, if you hump one sheep, you will go down in history as the sheep humper.

4 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Mike Kaye✔@mike_e_kaye

Per source, the #Eagles are waiving LB Alex Singleton, who had 15 tackles last night.

that seems insane....he's been one of their best players in every preseason game, according to reports.....

3 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Mike Kaye✔@mike_e_kaye

Per source, the #Eagles are waiving LB Alex Singleton, who had 15 tackles last night.

They'll likely offer a PR spot, but he could earn more up here, except from the PR he could get onto a roster there 

Will likely kick tires down south for rest of year 

25 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The sad part about Harris is that this will taint his accomplishments, which have been staggering. But all it takes is one incident. As someone once said, if you build a hundred bridges, you will be known as a bride builder. But following those accomplishments, if you hump one sheep, you will go down in history as the sheep humper.

An old man walks into a pub in Scottland, his feet shuffling, his back bent. He drags himself onto a stool and orders a beer. Placing the full glass in front of him, the bartender inquires upon his sad face. 
The man answers with a smoky and trembling voice and a Scottish accent: 
Ah, tell ya man! This pub, this very pub we're just sitting in. I built it, with me own hands! But do they call me the Pubmaker? Naa! See the wall over there, that protects our town? I built it, with me own hands! But do they call me the Wallmaker? And the bridge, you know, that crosses our river, I built it, with me own hands! But do they call me the Bridgemaker? 
But I tell ya, man! YOU F*** ONE GOAT!

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

that seems insane....he's been one of their best players in every preseason game, according to reports.....

I was following his progress in Philly & every NFL writer covering the team said he was in tough down the depth chart. The Eagles are deep at linebacker but that performance should have nailed him a spot on the roster. Marken Michel also had a 75 yard TD pass the first exhibition game. And he was waived. Don't let anyone tell you this wasn't politics or favouritism by the coaches. They already made their decision before the game. There is a lot of anti CFL bias in the NFL. I can see him refusing a PR spot as Singleton can come back to Calgary & get paid more than being on the PR.