2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

2 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Thank you.....why do people become so bitter when a player decides to go elsewhere?  It’s a business...why aren’t players allowed to make business decisions? Be it money, family, geography...or other personal reasons. Maybe walk a mile in their shoes for a change.

He's the highest paid underperforming guard in the CFL.  So, if Chungh sucks then he should be replaced. If an employee continues to under perform they're fired. It's a business, right. All I know his pass blocking is one of the reasons Reilly has become a human piniatta.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

59 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Criticism is perhaps an objective opinion based on someone’s performance. I sensed an element of emotional bias and bitterness in the previous post. The player had no indication that the team was going to be “complete trash” when he signed there. The fact remains he had an opportunity to play “at home” as well as being well compensated.....hate the team not the players.

Well, not playing well, being overpaid & then being severely criticized for both is all tied together. Chances are if Chungh played at an all star level & Reilly stayed upright every game we wouldn't be having this conversation. But former Bomber or not, he's had a miserable season & with his salary deserves every criticism he gets.

4 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I’m like 99% sure Chungh has been playing through serious injury this season. Not saying he doesn’t deserve criticism for his play but I would imagine this is not a benching as much as it is a “resting”. 

Well, that's interesting.  Nichols played thru a serious knee injury last season & he was raked over the coals by fans here for sub par play after he came back. Yet, the same fans are willing to cut a former guard who spurned us for BC a break for bad play. Yet, not willing to do the same for Nichols. Kind of hypocritical if you ask me.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, that's interesting.  Nichols played thru a serious knee injury last season & he was raked over the coals by fans here for sub par play after he came back. Yet, the same fans are willing to cut a former guard who spurned us for BC a break for bad play. Yet, not willing to do the same for Nichols. Kind of hypocritical if you ask me.

I don't think Nichols ever finished getting thru the injury.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Maybe. Maybe not. I know he's never been the same since his knee injury. I just see more love for a former Bomber guard who spurned us for the big bucks then our qb. 

I don't think Nichols ever got to the "love" level either........ most managers don't.

Edited by NorthernSkunk

17 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He never will be so what's new?

I think you’re missing the point. There’s no love in for Chungh here. He’s having a terrible season, just pointing out that he’s almost certainly sitting out for injury reasons rather than performance. And while it’s always nice in a schadenfreude type way to see free agents that choose to leave here have less success elsewhere, it’s also hard to blame a guy for going home. Not like he dogged it when he played for the Bombers. 

Edited by AKAChip

14 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I think you’re missing the point. There’s no love in for Chungh here. He’s having a terrible season, just pointing out that he’s almost certainly sitting out for injury reasons rather than performance. And while it’s always nice in a schadenfreude type way to see free agents that choose to leave here have less success elsewhere, it’s also hard to blame a guy for going home. Not like he dogged it when he played for the Bombers. 

Nichols hasn't dogged it either. He has won a lot of games for us since 2016. We haven't had the success we'd like in the playoffs for sure but he's doing his best. He has his limitations as a qb but he hasn't got a lot of help from LaPo either. He's our guy & I'll support him as long as he plays here. I won't have any love for a guard struggling after he left us. And I'd never post #notmyQb like you did. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nichols hasn't dogged it either. He has won a lot of games for us since 2016. We haven't had the success we'd like in the playoffs for sure but he's doing his best. He has his limitations as a qb but he hasn't got a lot of help from LaPo either. He's our guy & I'll support him as long as he plays here. I won't have any love for a guard struggling after he left us. And I'd never post #notmyQb like you did. 

This isn’t about Nichols. It couldn’t have less to do with him.