2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Stegall doesn't work for the Bombers. He works for TSN who is a partner with the CFL & therefore a partner of the Riders. Do fans here expect Milt to continually run down the Riders every week on television? It won't happen. 

I dream of a world where every employee of TSN does nothing but dump on the Riders and their fan base along with the Leafs and their fan base. I believe the sky is purple in this world.

Marcus Ball is very clearly done so no, he doesn’t make the Stamps better. That being said, with Matthews gone and Nichols’ salary off the books, there should be no shortage of room for the Bombers to bring in an NFL cut. Someone like Shaq Richardson, for example. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

at this point in the season, I just don't see someone being able to come in and figure things out quickly enough that they could help THAT much....

And you’re right in the sense that very infrequently is a late season addition the difference between a good team and a great team but there have been a number of scenarios where it’s made a sizeable difference. There are DB and receiver upgrades out there. I’d argue there are Bighill upgrades out there as well even though I know full well he’s untouchable. The cap room doesn’t do this team any good sitting unused. This core doesn’t have an unlimited number of contending years left. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

BUT BUT BUT.........I HAVEN'T HEARD OF THEM! I'VE HEARD OF FLANDERS AND BALL THEREFORE BETTER!!!

And all caps to boot. Must mean you are angry or your keyboard locked! My point is that the stamps continue to bring in folks - whether they help this year or not whether they are any better than what they have is a moot point. They continue to bring in folks to evaluate even this late in the season. Means they are always looking where as we just seem to maintain the status quo as long as possible.