Grey Cup - predictions

Mark H.

The truth is - Calgary did not play very well today. With an even semi-competent QB, we get the win today. Even with the QB play we got, we could have won if all opportunities had been cashed in.

Calgary D played well, but it’s easy to shut down the run when the passing game is that bad. 

Ottawa definitely has a good offence - they will move the ball consistently. I think the Grey Cup goes East again. 

Any other predictions? 

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

I don't know if the Ti-Cat defence was that bad, but Harris looked like an all-star. If he is that good next Sunday, its gonna be a helluva game.

He really did. Better than Bo.

RedBlacks DB Rose suspended: http://3downnation.com/2018/11/20/cfl-suspends-redblacks-db-jonathon-rose-grey-cup/

We are extremely reluctant to take an action that could prevent an athlete from joining his teammates for what may be the most important game of his life. But there is an another principle at stake, one which has very significant implications for our league and sport in general.

If we fail to send a strong signal when there is physical abuse of an official, whatever the circumstances, we risk sending the wrong message to not only the athletes in our league but young and aspiring athletes, coaches and even parents throughout sport. Officials are an important part of athletic competition, responsible for its integrity. While their contributions too often go unsung, we cannot allow them to be disrespected or, worse, abused.

For these reasons, the Canadian Football League has notified  Jonathan Rose of the Ottawa REDBLACKS that he is being assessed a one game suspension for pushing an official during last Sunday’s Eastern Final in Ottawa.

Hopefully, this sticks. What he did the other day was inexcusable. 

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The CFLPA is appealing the suspension, presumably for the sole reason that Rose would then play in the Grey Cup game. I sincerely hope that the appeal is denied- that was one of the egregious abuse of an official that I can recall seeing in the CFL.

Not to mention the fact his behaviour in how he left the field, taunting people like he was the man. During the appeal hearing I would run that tape for people to see.  

Honestly, I think RedBlacks by 10.

I was hoping we would face the TiCats, as we had issues with the RedBlacks in prior seasons. Campbell may not be the best poker player, but with all his time when Dickenson and him were under Huff, Campbell got to know and read Dickenson very well. Despite our wins over them this season, Campbell and his RedBlacks are like the rock to our scissors. 

I hope i’m wrong

10 hours ago, Scorch said:

Honestly, I think RedBlacks by 10.

I was hoping we would face the TiCats, as we had issues with the RedBlacks in prior seasons. Campbell may not be the best poker player, but with all his time when Dickenson and him were under Huff, Campbell got to know and read Dickenson very well. Despite our wins over them this season, Campbell and his RedBlacks are like the rock to our scissors. 

I hope i’m wrong

I can tell you one thing for sure - their QB will take the chances ours didn't.