Riderfans.com Game Day Thread

jazzsax

1 minute ago, NorthernSkunk said:

It was the way he celebrated....... and it was over the top for what he finally accomplished...... he should have reacted with a fist pump, ran and congratulated Adams,  An then got off the field acting like he has done it hundreds of times before.  The way he did it made it look more like he was trying to give it to the boo birds of the stadium who called him out during his 4 game winless streak.  

He threw a seventy yard touchdown you do that only a few times a year. Big play big celly love it!!!!

It was the way he celebrated....... and it was over the top for what he finally accomplished...... he should have reacted with a fist pump, ran and congratulated Adams,  An then got off the field acting like he has done it hundreds of times before.  The way he did it made it look more like he was trying to give it to the boo birds of the stadium who called him out during his 4 game winless streak.  

Unless Matty has a big scarey chest tattoo..... then maybe he can strut like that lol

7 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Riders got shut out.... I'd be pretty ornery too. 

**** could you imagine what this place would be like if we laid an egg? You have posters still bitching about that win... like blanking a team in the CFL is easy.... we have the ******* rouge! They didn't even get a rouge.

If Ripper was a troll, I'd be calling for his removal. He's not a troll. He's a Rider fan. He is okay as far as I'm concerned. 

Yeah, I doubt Matt Nichols gives a wet fart what you think or what advice you can offer. Even when the guy does something well (throwing the long ball is hardly his strength), you have to poke holes in it and resort to needless and over-the-top criticism. Give it a rest.

He had every right to celebrate that TD and there was nothing wrong with it, so quit being butthurt about it and enjoy the win - the win Nichols helped the team get.

On 2018-10-14 at 9:54 AM, trueBlue83 said:

pretty cocky for a guy who really only made a few plays all day, and that being his best pass all season.   maybe tone it down a little Matt... that was half your passing yards for the entire game in one play!

I'm pretty sure that strut was aimed at Willy Jefferson and was intentionally mocking his strut from the B.B. debacle.  As I understand it they are actually friends from their time together in Edm., so none of this should be taken very seriously.  It was good to see Nichols shed his bout of mid-season gloom.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

11 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

He threw a seventy yard touchdown you do that only a few times a year. Big play big celly love it!!!!

Northern Skunk, you are so full of ****. You ***** about Nichols when we lose. Now you ***** about him because he strutted after throwing a 79 yard TD pass to Adams? Some posters complain about Ripper being here. He's always behind his team unlike you. Moron fans like you  are the worst. You don't cheer for the Bombers to win with Nichols as our qb. You cheer for them to lose. You are a cancer on the board here. You never have anything good to say. The only thing you do is ***** & complain about Nichols. Your pettiness is pathetic. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Yeah, I doubt Matt Nichols gives a wet fart what you think or what advice you can offer. Even when the guy does something well (throwing the long ball is hardly his strength), you have to poke holes in it and resort to needless and over-the-top criticism. Give it a rest.

He had every right to celebrate that TD and there was nothing wrong with it, so quit being butthurt about it and enjoy the win - the win Nichols helped the team get.

You need to stop assuming so much about what others post.  I never expect anybody within the Bombers organization to give a wet fart about what I think.  Do you think they give a wet fart about what you think ?  I never poked holes in matts toss to Adams nor did I critisize the play......... I laughed at his cocky walk,  I could see if this was the third or fourth long TD toss in the game walking off like that......but when the fans have been waiting all season for it then it looks quite a bit silly.  And that's just my opinion,  something everyone does here. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Northern Skunk, you are so full of ****. You ***** about Nichols when we lose. Now you ***** about him because he strutted after throwing a 79 yard TD pass to Adams? Some posters complain about Ripper being here. He's always behind his team unlike you. Moron fans like you that are the worst. Like cancers in the locker of a football team. You are a cancer on the board here. You never have anything good to say. The only thing you do is ***** & complain about Nichols. Your pettiness is pathetic. 

The strut walk looked silly.  That is all I complained about.  An

Man Nichols #'s yesterday were are from anything heroic or even memorable........let's not get ahead of ourselves here eh.....

The strut walk looked silly.  That is all I complained about.  An

Man Nichols #'s yesterday were are from anything heroic or even memorable........let's not get ahead of ourselves here eh.....

Like I said. You're a moron & a cancer here. Ripper can stay. You can go. 

5 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

His numbers were mostly from the first half, because in the second half they were using the running game and playing very conservative. For the fourth quarter, he wasn’t even playing. So, for his 155 passing yards to be meaningful, you have to extrapolate them over the entire game.

155 x 2 = 310

16 minutes ago, do or die said:

Just listened to Collaros's post game interview..... takes no responsibility and wants to see the film first.   Riders may have a real problem here

How the hell does a QB not take responsibility for telegraphing most of his passes, two of which resulted in INTs? Yikes.

35 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Like I said. You're a moron & a cancer here. Ripper can stay. You can go. 

Do you really think it’s appropriate for you to be calling someone “cancer”, considering how hypersensitive you are to things like that?

That being said, I am a big time Nichols detractor and I’m so fired up he celebrated like that. If he could get his swagger back, maybe he’d get back to the level he’s capable of. That’s a start.

55 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

You need to stop assuming so much about what others post.  I never expect anybody within the Bombers organization to give a wet fart about what I think.  Do you think they give a wet fart about what you think ?

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Yeah, I doubt Matt Nichols gives a wet fart what you think or what advice you can offer.

You guys have an odd obsession with this.

51 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

His numbers were mostly from the first half, because in the second half they were using the running game and playing very conservative. For the fourth quarter, he wasn’t even playing. So, for his 155 passing yards to be meaningful, you have to extrapolate them over the entire game.

155 x 2 = 310

At least get the arithmetic right. He played 3 quarters. (150/3)*4=206. Half of his yardage was on one play, so not sure he even gets to 200. BTW: When was the last time you saw a QB hit a 70+ yard bomb and not make even 250 yards?

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

At least get the arithmetic right. He played 3 quarters. (150/3)*4=206. Half of his yardage was on one play, so not sure he even gets to 200. BTW: When was the last time you saw a QB hit a 70+ yard bomb and not make even 250 yards?

Most important stat for me, considering how dominant the D was, was the lack of INT's.  Matt's job is the same as Tom Burgess in 1990.  Don't commit turnovers, take whatever points you can with the abilities you have.

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

If it's happened to anyone I bet it was Ricky Ray leaving early with an injury.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'm pretty sure that strut was aimed at Willy Jefferson and was intentionally mimicking his strut.  As I understand it they are actually friends from their time together in Edm., so none of this should be taken very seriously.  It was good to see Nichols shed his bout of his mid-season gloom.

what was Jefferson so mad about at the end of the game?  Who was he going after?

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Most important stat for me, considering how dominant the D was, was the lack of INT's.  Matt's job is the same as Tom Burgess in 1990.  Don't commit turnovers, take whatever points you can with the abilities you have.

I hated that Burgess guy. When the best thing you can say about a QB's performance is that they didn't turn the ball over... That's not very high praise.