Edmonton @ Montreal

Mr Dee

12 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Obviously football is a team sport... but Muamba has managed to be on some pretty bad teams in the CFL:

2011 - Winnipeg - 10 - 8
2012 - Winnipeg - 6 - 12
2013 - Winnipeg - 3 - 15
2015 - Montreal - 6-12
2016 - Saskatchewan - 5 - 13
2017 - Saskatchewan - 10 - 8
2018 - Montreal - currently 1 - 5

Makes me wonder how much of a leader he is, and how he would respond to playoff or clutch situations.

That's generally what happens when you chase the money and don't create any lasting legacy...and try and become a leader...and you get some inflated defensive stats as your crappy defense is always on the field so you rack up the tackles.

Also listen to that first podcast with Andrew Harris and his comments on not getting Muamba...he basically said he was glad and that Muamba wouldn't fit in here and didn't want him on the team...more or less...we lucked out big time with him spurning us

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That game was a good example of why a QB who can’t make a throw from the pocket has no chance in pro football no matter how good of a runner he is.

This, and it's why I don't like the OL argument completely when the pressure is coming from extra blitzes.  It was either Drew Willy holding onto the ball too long when facing these blitzes on our team, or Bellefeuille having badly designed outlets that prevented him or his backups from having adequate hot reads in our case.  The Als offense looked like a carbon copy of this last night with a QB who could be effective when given a little time to run around and chuck it downfield, but no trigger pulling on short routes.  No adjustments made by either QB or play caller.

OL is important, but it's only part of the equation.

3 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Adams is so short as well, I doubt he can really see the guys coming in on those quick slants or ins over the middle as well.

He was way too quick to try and leave the pocket. You can't attempt to roll out when the Esks are blitzing seven guys.

Johnny Manziel isn't any taller than Vernon Adams. What happened to Adams awaits Johnny Football every week for the rest of the season. I think Manziel finally realizes just  how badly he screwed his career in Cleveland. Playing in the NFL is a privilege & he just threw it away. There are lots of talented players who should be there who never make it &  now he can take his place at the back of the line. He was given everything to succeed & didn't care by throwing it all away.  You could see that look of resignation on his face every time TSN showed him on the sidelines which was about 300 times last night. . What a hard life lesson as he may never get back.  I wish him well. I think he really is trying but to be dealt to that team. That is a huge blow. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

U as fans see Vernon not playing well. I see preparation. He is not prepared to play better. He hasn't seen blitzes very well and that is all preparation.

Or coaching as in KJ not preparing him to see. It all comes back to preparation by the players & OC.  Players need help & if his coach can't give it then it's a huge problem. 

1 hour ago, USABomberfan said:

This, and it's why I don't like the OL argument completely when the pressure is coming from extra blitzes.  It was either Drew Willy holding onto the ball too long when facing these blitzes on our team, or Bellefeuille having badly designed outlets that prevented him or his backups from having adequate hot reads in our case.  The Als offense looked like a carbon copy of this last night with a QB who could be effective when given a little time to run around and chuck it downfield, but no trigger pulling on short routes.  No adjustments made by either QB or play caller.

OL is important, but it's only part of the equation.

The Als look like the 2013 Blue Bombers.  That's what I took from that game last night .Just how totally ineffective the Als  were offensively like the Bombers were  that season. 

28 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Or coaching as in KJ not preparing him to see. It all comes back to preparation by the players & OC.  Players need help & if his coach can't give it then it's a huge problem. 

Adams has had plenty of stops and hasn't stuck anywhere, I think if it were simply coaching he wouldn't bounce around so much.

53 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Als look like the 2013 Blue Bombers.  That's what I took from that game last night .Just how totally ineffective the Als  were offensively like the Bombers were  that season. 

I blame a lot on the coaching....  Sutton is a beast and I can't believe Jackson & Cunningham both suddenly can no longer play....

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Johnny Manziel isn't any taller than Vernon Adams. What happened to Adams awaits Johnny Football every week for the rest of the season. I think Manziel finally realizes just  how badly he screwed his career in Cleveland. Playing in the NFL is a privilege & he just threw it away. There are lots of talented players who should be there who never make it &  now he can take his place at the back of the line. He was given everything to succeed & didn't care by throwing it all away.  You could see that look of resignation on his face every time TSN showed him on the sidelines which was about 300 times last night. . What a hard life lesson as he may never get back.  I wish him well. I think he really is trying but to be dealt to that team. That is a huge blow. 

I understand his folks are loaded so he doesn’t have much to worry about in terms of living a comfortable life. 

Your right about TSN showing him 900 times on the sidelines, warming up, putting his helmet on, taking his helmet off, looking at the plays on his arm. They missed him grunting pinching a loaf. Saving that for next week. 

However, maybe the Als will have his salary paid by tshirt sales! 

11 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Ehh, more like Dom Davis.  Adams at least has a rocket arm compared to Fever's noodle.

Davis isn't mobile at all, he's 6'3, Adams is a rounded up 5'11.  Pretty much the only similarity between Adams and Davis is skin colour and the position they play.  Adams doesn't have much of an arm.  Watch the NFL Network show on the QB's in his draft class.  They run them through a bunch of accuracy drills and he's nowhere near the skill level of the QB's who were drafted, even guys like Cody Kessler and Connor Cook who have already fell out of the NFL.

21 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Davis isn't mobile at all, he's 6'3, Adams is a rounded up 5'11.  Pretty much the only similarity between Adams and Davis is skin colour and the position they play.  Adams doesn't have much of an arm.  Watch the NFL Network show on the QB's in his draft class.  They run them through a bunch of accuracy drills and he's nowhere near the skill level of the QB's who were drafted, even guys like Cody Kessler and Connor Cook who have already fell out of the NFL.

Matt Dunnigan disagrees with this

24 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

As I said before.... everyone assumes that black QBs are all like Randall Cunningham....   

8 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Matt Dunnigan disagrees with this

Dunigan isn't very critical in the booth.

Adams was laughably bad in simple drills with no pads on in that QB show prior to the 2016 Draft, which is basically a hype show with Jon Gruden trying to hype all the guys on there.  Adams was terrible and by far the worst at all the passing drills.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Dunigan isn't very critical in the booth.

Adams was laughably bad in simple drills with no pads on in that QB show prior to the 2016 Draft, which is basically a hype show with Jon Gruden trying to hype all the guys on there.  Adams was terrible and by far the worst at all the passing drills.

In last night's game, Adams threw several longer passes which were darned close and on most of those, the receivers muffed the catches or were in the wrong place.

I'm not sure how anyone who watched that game can put the blame on Adams. He played well enough. Made some costly mistakes, but he wasn't getting a lot of help either. I'm also not sure I'd use how a qb does on passing drill for TV as a reason why he sucks lol. There's plenty of other examples to use for Adams!