3 stars +hh first pre season edition

wbbfan

1 streveler 10/10 140 yards 1 td with that 80 yard bomb, 4 runs for 37. Had that fumble and tossed it to the flats for a decent loss at one point. But played great for a first time with back ups vs back ups.

2 augustin 8-81 1 catch for 7. really pounded the rock, exploited holes and broke a bunch of tackles. 

3 nevis the DL started out really well and played well in general by the sounds of it. nevis was in the backfield a bunch while he was on the field.

HH Bighill with a big tackle on teams to swing mo back in our favor and stop early struggles on teams. 

26 minutes ago, do or die said:

1.  Multiple weapons on O
2.  Depth and team speed on D
4.  Only 5 penalties in an X game

Yeah mos runs a disciplined team. Sounded like there were times when the esks were confused and couldn'tget the right guys on the field or lined up, I saw that in their first game as well. Really shows how much the little things are focused on here.

Edited by 17to85

Nevis certainly looked like he's trying to prove something. If he can keep that level of play up, he's not going anywhere.

Was really surprised by the speed of the D. rallied to the ball really fast. And solid tackling.

Streveler, what can you say. Perfect day except that fumble. Absolutely the surprise of pre season so far. Quick feet too. Will be interesting to see how he develops.

50 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Nevis certainly looked like he's trying to prove something. If he can keep that level of play up, he's not going anywhere.

Was really surprised by the speed of the D. rallied to the ball really fast. And solid tackling.

Me too. Although he doesn't show up on the stats, I really liked the pressure that 'Death' Roh was giving us.

Why is it we seem to start so damn slow...then have to scramble like hell to get back on even terms....The kick return for a td was right out of the gate and I can remember last year similar poor coverage on returns amounting to the same thing...We have to shore that up because that kind of start can be trend setting and game killers...The early going was sure a disappointment although we turned it around in a hurry...I'd like to see us grab the early lead for a change and then pile it on...The talent is here to do just that

Gotta say tho that if our 3 rotational ends keep up that play and Nevis can continue his work with Poop..our defense is gonna give teams fits with bighill and JSK being able to just flow to the ball...damn

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

Gotta say tho that if our 3 rotational ends keep up that play and Nevis can continue his work with Poop..our defense is gonna give teams fits with bighill and JSK being able to just flow to the ball...damn

have to agree.  Very optimistic about our defence this year.  Offense, not so much until I see our O-Line giving our QB's the time they need.

35 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

After the first series thought the Oline was pretty good. They did not have Hardrick. 

What I figure happened was the Bombers were in their first game where as the Edmonton guys had a game last week already, they had that slight edge in having experienced the game speed before, took the Bombers guys a little bit to get back into it and from that point on it was no contest. 

15 hours ago, Brandon said:

Based on the radio some of the penalties on us were really fringe also.

Our team since MOS took over seems to rarely take a bad penalty. Very mentally strong and disciplined team.

out side of a few guys for whom bad penalties are a problem. kuale, westerman etc.

12 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

After the first series thought the Oline was pretty good. They did not have Hardrick. 

No hardrick and no bond is a big deal. I hope with hardrick  back and no more newf at T itll be back to usual. Right now the primary concern with the team has to be 1 the ol playing well and 2 nichols staying healthy. 

Sounded like speller had a good game too.