Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

On Knuckles Twitter feed, one goof ball is suggesting its a smoke screen by Walters to get fans in the seats, suggested Nichols is out for the year.  I hope its only 4 to 6 weeks. I really believe  the guys we have can win us a  couple games plus. Providing the defense steps up.

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

"Nichols wasn't going to play anyway"

Yeah no one believes you coach. Both he and Nichols believe vets need to play in preseason. 

IIRC it was reported that Nichols wasn’t going to play before he was injured.

Edited by Jacquie

27 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

On Knuckles Twitter feed, one goof ball is suggesting its a smoke screen by Walters to get fans in the seats, suggested Nichols is out for the year.  I hope its only 4 to 6 weeks. I really believe  the guys we have can win us a  couple games plus. Providing the defense steps up.

I dealt with a similar "character" on Facebook.  I don't believe it. If Nichols was out for the year I think they'd be more open to Darian Durant or trading for a vet. Secondly, if he was out for the year and had surgery I think it would get leaked out pretty quickly.  I just don't believe O'Shea would be involved in a lie like this. If they were going to lie about the degree of his injury I think that they would do it to take pressure off their young quarterbacks and to not look as desperate in trade negotiations. I just don't see how it would affect ticket sales. If the team is really struggling without Nichols eventually ticket sales will dwindle until he actually steps onto the practice field and is named the starter that week. 

3 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I dealt with a similar "character" on Facebook.  I don't believe it. If Nichols was out for the year I think they'd be more open to Darian Durant or trading for a vet. Secondly, if he was out for the year and had surgery I think it would get leaked out pretty quickly.  I just don't believe O'Shea would be involved in a lie like this. If they were going to lie about the degree of his injury I think that they would do it to take pressure off their young quarterbacks and to not look as desperate in trade negotiations. I just don't see how it would affect ticket sales. If the team is really struggling without Nichols eventually ticket sales will dwindle until he actually steps onto the practice field and is named the starter that week. 

Durant? Are you F'ing kidding me? I read earlier he now says he would be open to coming back here....what a douchebag.

I’d love to see Durant return and be given the starting assignment for game 1.   First play on offence the oline moves aside and let’s Edmontons front seven nail him. That would definitely get a better cheer than the one when Austin got hurt and Slingin Sammy came in. I believe Austin gave the crowd the finger while leaving the feild as the crowd chanted “Sammy Sammy”. This oline would get a standing ovation if they let Durant get pasted. 

To be honest Durant is so fat and out of shape I’d be surprised if he even beat out Bennett for the number 3 spot.

Edited by Dirty30

2 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

I’d love to see Durant return and be given the starting assignment for game 1.   First play on offence the oline moves aside and let’s Edmontons front seven nail him. That would definitely get a better cheer than the one when Austin got hurt and Slingin Sammy came in. I believe Austin gave the crowd the finger while leaving the feild as the crowd chanted “Sammy Sammy”. This oline would get a standing ovation if they let Durant get pasted. 

To be honest Durant is so fat and out of shape I’d be surprised if he even beat out Bennett for the number 3 spot.

Oh you're Dirty.

7 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

http://3downnation.com/2018/06/07/june-jones-says-ticats-qb-vernon-adams-will-traded-today/

Can't see how this isn't to Winnipeg but article says Montreal or Edmonton.  If it is Edmonton then I don't really get it?  Are they planning to trade Glenn to Winnipeg?

Maybe a futures move ... Reilly is high mileage and Glenn is a guy who changes teams annually. Maybe they don't believe in Cline or any other of the camp QBs as Reilly's successor. 

Wonder how long Adams is signed for...

8 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Where I live has nothing to do with the fact Dunk did NOT say Rogers had been signed. 

The Stamps were in full denial of the Justin Dunk story early Thursday morning as the story was on every media outlet here. Obviously Rogers agent let it slip out to Dunk he signed but the Stamps weren't ready to confirm yet so they outright denied anything was agreed to or signed.  I quoted Dave Rowe from CHQR at 6:57 am Thurs morning saying rumours of Rogers' signing were false based on what he was told from the Stamps. This came from either Mike Petrie or John Hufnagel. Then I listened to The Fan 960 later that morning as well as Q107 both saying the same thing before I went to work..That there was no deal in place & that the 2 sides weren't close to signing.  I posted what was being reported to the media being passed on to listeners. Yet, you post that they agreed to terms as opposed to signing a contract for what reason? To make it look like you know better??? Or are more knowledgeable than the rest of us?. And yeah, living in the City where the player signed carries more weigh with what the media says rather than lifting a quote or a tweet off the internet 8 hours later. Things change in 8 hours. I was at work the rest of the day & never heard Rogers signed until after 4 pm yesterday when I went home. I wasn't wrong with what I posted at the time. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Just now, Mark F said:

I like this early start to the season

League should just demand they broadcast the games.

This is about as early as I'd like to see it. They'd have to start training camps in April. What a **** show that would have been this season with the cold, late spring we had all across Canada. 

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I dont. I also dont particularly worry about a deal with the riders. If I was on either side i would not do such a deal. If I was the riders I wouldnt deal bridge in fact id rather go get vernon adams too. 3 deep at qb, a guy to push bridge and back him up eventually. And block us from getting vernon adams.

I would not trade a QB or kicker with in the division to a team with out one. A prospect sure. But not a legit 2 or higher qb or a good kicker. Too much direct impact on the out come of games and division seeding. 

That's just solid football ops. You don't help a divisional rival that you will be fighting for a playoff spot with

49 minutes ago, Ripper said:

That's just solid football ops. You don't help a divisional rival that you will be fighting for a playoff spot with

I think so too. usually if some thing like that happens its a greasy double switch, which cheeses off plenty of old heads in the cfl and generally isnt a great idea. 

didnt june jones say adams would be traded tnite? guess not... 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think so too. usually if some thing like that happens its a greasy double switch, which cheeses off plenty of old heads in the cfl and generally isnt a great idea. 

To me, sounds like more that Adams asked to be traded than there is actually a interested market for him

Just now, Ripper said:

To me, sounds like more that Adams asked to be traded than there is actually a interested market for him

I heard jones had said he had two teams and that a deal would be done tnite. Could be him trying to leverage more out of a deal. I could easily see us interested, maybe bc or calgary. I could see edm wanting another young guy rather then glenn. Idk if montreal would jump back on that bandwagon. I dont see any one paying a great premium for him. I do like him though. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

He sure as hell did, complete idiot.  Adams should be free for the taking come cut down day, no way he's hanging around now.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/06/07/jones-ticats-trade-qb-vernon-adams/

"Besides MOS has a habit of sticking to the team (roster of players) that are on board on opening day. Look back to history: he has made very few changes. I don't think MOS is going off roster unless we have about 2 or 3 absolute  disasters for games. If we are going to be close, or at least not too distant, he will be sticking to what he has got now. That's who he is, what he does. He looks at the 4 QB's he has as professionals. He won't be screaming the sky is falling." 

That was last night ... now today:

“I’m not looking,” O’Shea said. “I imagine (Kyle) is fielding a pile of calls. But we’re pretty happy with what we’ve got.”