Will Walters go all out at MLB?

BigBlue

On 1/28/2018 at 11:05 PM, wbbfan said:

Where do you get that from? Middle of oct. means 4 monthes to recover from a blown ACL. Normal is 7-9 monthes for a pro athlete. But at that its not just getting back to being healthy, its about how diminished your ability to cut, stop, and explode is after recovery. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/12/06/acl-injuries-adrian-peterson-nfl-minnesota-vikings/1752355/

The repairs come with no guarantees. Doctors at the Richmond Bone and Joint Clinic in Sugarland, Texas, found in 2010 that 31 of 49 (63%) of NFL players studied returned to play in the league an average of 10.8 months after surgery.

Adrian peterson was one of the fastest acl recoveries and his was still north of 6 monthes. 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/may/11/acl-injuries-sports-athletes-careers

A great recent article on it.  It might actually make sense to look at mo going back to saftey post injury. 

He won't be the same likley, but Darren Cameron said that there hasn't been any setbacks, so there's that. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

.......there was no ACL injury, so there's that, too......

Idk why i had acl on the brain. My bad. 

Achilles is worse actually. An average recovery time closer to a year, regularly double digit weeks before the boot can even come off and before recovery can begin etc. 

http://lermagazine.com/article/return-to-football-after-achilles-tendon-rupture

TLDR pray for mo. When atheists say that things are grim. Id love nothing more then to have mo back to being mo. Id rather see him go on to success else where then see him retire in a whimper from such an injury. Weve had soo many big play, much loved defensive guys with bad attitudes and selfish play. But mo makes all the plays. Big, small mo likes them all. Never puts him self above the team, never too big to fill any role. Idr any S going to Sam and playing out of their mind good at both. Hes what bomber football and this organization are about. 

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Idk why i had acl on the brain. My bad. 

Achilles is worse actually. An average recovery time closer to a year, regularly double digit weeks before the boot can even come off and before recovery can begin etc. 

http://lermagazine.com/article/return-to-football-after-achilles-tendon-rupture

TLDR pray for mo. When atheists say that things are grim. Id love nothing more then to have mo back to being mo. Id rather see him go on to success else where then see him retire in a whimper from such an injury. Weve had soo many big play, much loved defensive guys with bad attitudes and selfish play. But mo makes all the plays. Big, small mo likes them all. Never puts him self above the team, never too big to fill any role. Idr any S going to Sam and playing out of their mind good at both. Hes what bomber football and this organization are about. 

He's going to be back. That's not the question. It's whether or not he's going to be back with Blue and Gold.

That article too is pushing 8 years old now....technology and recovery has changed...it's different now and different per guy.

Like I mentioned before...Sherrit had the same injury/surgery at beginning of last year and by years end was a consideration to be on active roster, and if they made the Grey Cup I bet he would have dressed.

From what I've seen and know, and based on my experience with injuries and re-hab Moe will be participating fully for training camp...and have a pretty good feeling it will be in Blue and Gold

1 hour ago, Booch said:

That article too is pushing 8 years old now....technology and recovery has changed...it's different now and different per guy.

Like I mentioned before...Sherrit had the same injury/surgery at beginning of last year and by years end was a consideration to be on active roster, and if they made the Grey Cup I bet he would have dressed.

From what I've seen and know, and based on my experience with injuries and re-hab Moe will be participating fully for training camp...and have a pretty good feeling it will be in Blue and Gold

If any player in recent memory has the drive and tenacity to come back almost 100% and faster then most, its Mo.  The guy is an absolute warrior and has a ridiculous work ethic it seems.  I'd expect him back as well and I think he will be a bomber sooner than later.

16 hours ago, Mark F said:

Ray Jauch career as a running  back ended with achilles tear.

The fact that this occurred around 1962  may mean that this fact is  irrelevant. 

If memory serves me correct, I believe the Bombers had a great receiver named Mike Holmes in the Deiter Brock era whose career ended abruptly with an Achilles tear.

On 1/31/2018 at 8:20 AM, Booch said:

I’m not a professional athlete and don’t have near the same resources at my disposal but returned to Olympic Lifting (and  was near 100%) 10 week’s after a full Achilles rupture (surgery included). 

Every case is obviously different (and I certainly healed quickly) but it’s not the career ending injury it used to be.