Will Walters go all out at MLB?

BigBlue

Just my personal opinion, I don't think it would matter who they put at MLB they would fair no better. Hall's defensive designs put the MLB too close to the line and not free ranging. As a result they get scraped really easily and have to play from behind.

14 hours ago, Mike said:

That’s crazy ... good for Leggett ... hope we see his name on an extension ASAP.

he needs to be a Bomber for life ... and the fact that he’s at my old middle school doing charity stuff in January makes me think he will ... but I want it confirmed.

He also stated on Twitter a while back that he would be starting a business in WPG. I just dont see how he wont be a bomber in 2018.

14 minutes ago, James said:

Im kind of freaked out how fast he is recovering from the tear. 

it is great that he has regained strength in the tendon and leg muscles at this stage. However, that is only half the battle. He now needs to condition muscles so that he can withstand the rigors of prolonged use. That will still take a while.

Speaking from experience, about 4 months out from my Achilles surgery I could sprint short distances with speed, or jump a few times as well as I ever could. The two days of swelling after doing so took a few months more to alleviate.

Edited by gcn11

12 hours ago, Dragon37 said:

Just my personal opinion, I don't think it would matter who they put at MLB they would fair no better. Hall's defensive designs put the MLB too close to the line and not free ranging. As a result they get scraped really easily and have to play from behind.

I agree but I think was done intentionally last season to insulate the position due to who was starting there. Hurl is not a starting calibre MLB.

If the team acquires a proven MLB, which is something that has to happen, I can't see Hall employing the same defensive design.

I hope you are right but it seems like it has been design in place since MOS took over.  I think, as well, that they still need to tweak their D-Line. It was just not consistent in pressuring the opposing offenses.  They also serious must rethink how they use their DBs.  They seemed to fair better when they were not backing off 10-15 yards and letting the short crap get completed. they were nickle and dimed to death last year. Sigh, I wish I had the confidence that our defensive woes all boiled down to a MLB.

I think the D-line is/was fine and will only be better. I think we led the league in pressures last year?...or were top 2??

the last 3rd of season too the d-line really became a force...thats the least of our concerns I think moving forward. The MLB role/philosophy has to change this year....no question about it as the last 3 years has shown to be a failure in what that position has contributed

When the WAG had Greek and Roman statuary on display  Leggett was in pictures as modern equivalent. He was in fact amazing. He obviously has the genes and the work ethic to make the recovery if anyone can.

On the other hand recently an NBA center ripped his achilles and the talking heads are writing off his career even though there is a lot of money in NBA wallet for rehabilitation although nothing in this guy's on court work ethic says he can cut it. 

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:45 AM, Booch said:

I think the D-line is/was fine and will only be better. I think we led the league in pressures last year?...or were top 2??

the last 3rd of season too the d-line really became a force...thats the least of our concerns I think moving forward. The MLB role/philosophy has to change this year....no question about it as the last 3 years has shown to be a failure in what that position has contributed

Same coordinator so why would things change, Booch? 

Well from all accounts will be some different personnel in the linebacking spot and I think the coordinator is being mandated to switch his system.

A defensive system for the most part is pretty basic and generic for a good portion of of what you see in Canadian ball..some deviations but generally everyone runs off the same concepts and all add their tweaks....and also things are done to certain players strong points..this is a major area we have been burned lately as our MLB.. coupled with a bad scheme and their skill set giving them no real strong suits..well we seen the results 

Halls tweaks have been neutralized and this year is adapt..or die..with Osheas added input...a new mind in Younger and some cohesion/continuity with our dline..and poop and the coat in their second years it is going to be our defensive strong point I think.

I have seen Ekakitie around too this winter and the dude looks like he amped his training up and has conditioned himself for Canadian ball..he looks a lot different and I expecting nice contributions from him this year..may be part of reason there has been no Thomas signing as of yet..maybe he will be back on a value contract beneficial to the team and sms

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Well from all accounts will be some different personnel in the linebacking spot and I think the coordinator is being mandated to switch his system.

A defensive system for the most part is pretty basic and generic for a good portion of of what you see in Canadian ball..some deviations but generally everyone runs off the same concepts and all add their tweaks....and also things are done to certain players strong points..this is a major area we have been burned lately as our MLB.. coupled with a bad scheme and their skill set giving them no real strong suits..well we seen the results 

Halls tweaks have been neutralized and this year is adapt..or die..with Osheas added input...a new mind in Younger and some cohesion/continuity with our dline..and poop and the coat in their second years it is going to be our defensive strong point I think.

I have seen Ekakitie around too this winter and the dude looks like he amped his training up and has conditioned himself for Canadian ball..he looks a lot different and I expecting nice contributions from him this year..may be part of reason there has been no Thomas signing as of yet..maybe he will be back on a value contract beneficial to the team and sms

We need a true middle linebacker. True middle linebacker. We sign someone or recruit a player who can be an actual MLB with impact then I'll believe. I have a hard time believing a Leopard will change his spots.

Sometimes leopards have to or they will be eaten by a tiger.

I think that MLB is going to be our main goal first day and we go hard after the 2 top ones available...seems likely too as most of the MLB have yet to re sign anywhere 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Good to hear that Ekakatie is serious about being a pro athlete, but if O'Shea has to spoon-feed Hall, what is the point of having Hall around? Hall is not a fuzzy-cheeked rookie any more, and if he hasn't figured out how to run a defence, he never will.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

Good to hear that Ekakatie is serious about being a pro athlete, but if O'Shea has to spoon-feed Hall, what is the point of having Hall around? Hall is not a fuzzy-cheeked rookie any more, and if he hasn't figured out how to run a defence, he never will.

Maybe theres more to being a coach than just X's and O's. 

Obviously Walters and Oshea spoke to the players about Hall, they all probably love the guy. 

You can sit here and pretend to have all the answers... But reality truly is... None of us have a damn clue what goes on in that locker room and what goes on in there is very important. 

I get Hall is the whipping boy cuz we got some former professional defensive coordinators in here who know it all but... Hall is not on the field missing tackles or getting beat by WRs on long throws. Blame the scheme... But reality is... Ppl tend to blame 1 player (Hurl) and 1 DC (Hall) but ignore guys who actually get beat at times. 

TJ Heath... Good player... Not great but good... If the rumours are true about him free lancing out there... Well, ****... No wonder hes not gonna be back. But Blame Hall... Same old same old... You say the same thing everyday but say it differently... We get it already

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Obviously Walters and Oshea spoke to the players about Hall, they all probably love the guy. 

You can sit here and pretend to have all the answers... But reality truly is... None of us have a damn clue what goes on in that locker room and what goes on in there is very important. 

I get Hall is the whipping boy cuz we got some former professional defensive coordinators in here who know it all but... Hall is not on the field missing tackles or getting beat by WRs on long throws. Blame the scheme... But reality is... Ppl tend to blame 1 player (Hurl) and 1 DC (Hall) but ignore guys who actually get beat at times. 

TJ Heath... Good player... Not great but good... If the rumours are true about him free lancing out there... Well, ****... No wonder hes not gonna be back. 

He's the guy who selects the players that miss the tackles. 

6 hours ago, Booch said:

I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear them discuss Sam Hurl's "strong points" ...

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

TJ Heath... Good player... Not great but good... If the rumours are true about him free lancing out there... Well, ****... No wonder hes not gonna be back. But Blame Hall... Same old same old... You say the same thing everyday but say it differently... We get it already

There are certain posters here who know the game quite well.  When you have THOSE POSTERS telling you that the scheme was adjusted to cover up for a weakness in the middle, you should, at the very least, be aware that they know what they're talking about.  

Because - when you make a post like this one - it appears you have not read and comprehended the entire thread.  That's pretty much what you have to do on a forum - read it as a whole and know who the really knowledgeable posters are.