Will Walters go all out at MLB?

BigBlue

I didn't see anything earth-shattering from Flanders as our 5th receiver last year...  I'd rather see a Canadian in that spot and strengthen our ratio

I think there will be two Cdns on the market that are hybrid REC/RB potential - maybe Sask keeps LaFrance who knows...

48 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I didn't see anything earth-shattering from Flanders as our 5th receiver last year...  I'd rather see a Canadian in that spot and strengthen our ratio

I think there will be two Cdns on the market that are hybrid REC/RB potential - maybe Sask keeps LaFrance who knows...

Your argument has merit -  but there's no way LaFrance would be as adept as a 5th receiver as Flanders. He only has 14 catches in 2 years in the league. It'd be neat to see LaFrance play in front of his hometown, but I think you're underestimating the dropoff in talent from Flanders to him.

15 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Hes already recovered pretty much. Guaranteed hes SAM

Where do you get that from? Middle of oct. means 4 monthes to recover from a blown ACL. Normal is 7-9 monthes for a pro athlete. But at that its not just getting back to being healthy, its about how diminished your ability to cut, stop, and explode is after recovery. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/12/06/acl-injuries-adrian-peterson-nfl-minnesota-vikings/1752355/

The repairs come with no guarantees. Doctors at the Richmond Bone and Joint Clinic in Sugarland, Texas, found in 2010 that 31 of 49 (63%) of NFL players studied returned to play in the league an average of 10.8 months after surgery.

Adrian peterson was one of the fastest acl recoveries and his was still north of 6 monthes. 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/may/11/acl-injuries-sports-athletes-careers

A great recent article on it.  It might actually make sense to look at mo going back to saftey post injury. 

3 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Your argument has merit -  but there's no way LaFrance would be as adept as a 5th receiver as Flanders. He only has 14 catches in 2 years in the league. It'd be neat to see LaFrance play in front of his hometown, but I think you're underestimating the dropoff in talent from Flanders to him.

I'd just like to see him get a shot...  He was injured most of last year and I think you could get him on a low cost contract with incentives assuming Sask releases him - backup RB contract with major incentives built in... but maybe that's the $100k contract he's got already

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Where do you get that from? Middle of oct. means 4 monthes to recover from a blown ACL. Normal is 7-9 monthes for a pro athlete. But at that its not just getting back to being healthy, its about how diminished your ability to cut, stop, and explode is after recovery. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/12/06/acl-injuries-adrian-peterson-nfl-minnesota-vikings/1752355/

The repairs come with no guarantees. Doctors at the Richmond Bone and Joint Clinic in Sugarland, Texas, found in 2010 that 31 of 49 (63%) of NFL players studied returned to play in the league an average of 10.8 months after surgery.

Adrian peterson was one of the fastest acl recoveries and his was still north of 6 monthes. 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/may/11/acl-injuries-sports-athletes-careers

A great recent article on it.  It might actually make sense to look at mo going back to saftey post injury. 

I got it from a guy im friends with named Maurice Leggett. Hes already back training. 

48 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah. I don't know where this talk of a knee injury started. No one can say that barely 3 months after a torn Achilles that Leggett would nearly be recovered. Just no way. 

TIL people thought Leggett hurt his knee.... was obvious as soon as it happened it was achilles and that's a tough ******* injury to come back from. 

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

TIL people thought Leggett hurt his knee.... was obvious as soon as it happened it was achilles and that's a tough ******* injury to come back from. 

I'd give you the thumbs up sign but somehow it isn't right. Just damned unfortunate.

Edited by SpeedFlex27