Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

Funny, /not funny/ not CFL but, 

Giant German guy, not a football player zgot into the Superbowl media area, and got interviewed quite a few times by people thinking he was a Patriot or Eagle.  including a by a guy from  "Homeland Security"

funny but also disturbing that they got in so easily.

Edited by Mark F

48 minutes ago, Booch said:

But when u got nothing inside kinda negates it

Also Hughes being 35 this year may start to show his age

Started to show it last year, as injuries held him out a month.... I personally think he's gonna decline rapidly now... 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah Huff is no fool. He wasn't an SMS casualty by any means...they have no reason to cut salaries  at moment.

It was a salary cap move, Especially trading Hughes for 2 fourth round picks in the next 2 CFL Drafts. Here are two quotes from yesterday's Calgary Herald. The first is Stamps GM John Hufnagel & the second from Charleston Hughes:

"It was a tough day at the office - no question about it.  Charleston has been a soldier for 10 years.  He's a big part of our winning ways but it's the salary cap era that we're in & I have depth at the defensive end position. A very difficult decision & we just tried to make the right choice.  What's the right choice? What's the wrong choice? We couldn't afford as many as we had & one had to go. It could have been one of the other two."

"I knew that there were going to be decisions that were going to have to be made. That was a stress the whole year about  cap & stuff.  But based on how I play & what I bring to the table, I didn't think I was going to be that player to be traded."

Edited by SpeedFlex27

12 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Colling/Wiggan, Singleton, Adeleke/Thibault, Durant/Brescacin and 3 OL

I'm not sure they don't go after Westerman...  although I think EDM will make a hard push for him too

Anyone ever figure out what issue he had last year? Injury wise?