Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

14 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

It's the sort of thing that happens all the time. I was facetiously pointing out Mack get's LOL'd at on this forum for doing something every GM does routinely.

you realize I wasn't making fun of mack in the other thread for cutting Durant but that he is the type to throw a boatload at Manziel...

1 minute ago, B-F-F-C said:

This should improve his standing on the team.  

Duron Carter is facing a marijuana possession charge.

Court records show Carter was arrested Feb. 1 in Saskatoon.

He has since been released from custody and is scheduled to make his first appearance March 27 in Saskatoon Provincial Court.

Carter, 26, was named the Riders’ most outstanding player for the 2016-17 CFL season, amassing 73 catches for 1,043 yards and eight touchdowns in 17 starts at wide receiver.

He also started one game as a defensive back, in which he picked up nine tackles and an interception which he ran back 43 yards for a touchdown.

By the end of the season he was named both a CFL all-star and a West Division all-star.

Carter signed a one-year extension with the Riders on Jan. 22.

he must have had a fair bit on him to get busted for possession in this day and age.. anything under 28 grams is usually considered "personal" and just a fine worthy offense. 

4 minutes ago, Mark F said:

amazingly stupid  move to charge somebody for something that will be legal in five months. 

Complete  waste of police/court/lawyers time.

what a moronic move.

I predict this charge will be dropped.

Agree! Any lawyer worth their fee  will have the charges stayed.

9 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

you realize I wasn't making fun of mack in the other thread for cutting Durant but that he is the type to throw a boatload at Manziel...

I'm not here commenting on the things people don't say SPuDS, just the things they do say. Sorry I picked you out of the circle jerk I'll quote someone else next time.

4 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Agree! Any lawyer worth their fee  will have the charges stayed.

I disagree with the argument that people shouldn't be charged because it will become legal in the future.... it is currently against the law, and should be treated as such.

7 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I'm not here commenting on the things people don't say SPuDS, just the things they do say. Sorry I picked you out of the circle jerk I'll quote someone else next time.

was just curious if you missed the reply is all, christ.  here, lets game plan for you for a sec ok?  step 1, take hand and remove whatever is wedged currently up your sphincter..  step 2, go wash hands because. gross.. step 2, eat snickers.

hopefully that will ease your troubles.

20 hours ago, Noeller said:

wow....so BC actually gonna get fined for letting a guy out to try the NFL. Thassss crazy talk........

If true, its ridiculous.  Who cares if there was an unofficial verbal side deal.  Personally, if it was the Bombers, I'd hate to lose a guy early, but I'd respect the team for being player-friendly and helping them achieve their dream.

19 minutes ago, Jaxon said:

https://www.tsn.ca/report-stampeders-trade-all-star-de-hughes-to-ticats-1.986757

Charleston Hughes traded to TiCats.     Wow.

WOW!  ....and for a sack of beans, no less. That's really interesting. I guess the guy is 34 and has 10 years of wear and tear on the tires...

Edited by Noeller

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Why are they busting people for pot when its about to become legal?  if anyone follows San Fran's lead, it just creates work later when they over turn it.

Law is different in Canada. If convicted they won't overturn it.

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If true, its ridiculous.  Who cares if there was an unofficial verbal side deal.  Personally, if it was the Bombers, I'd hate to lose a guy early, but I'd respect the team for being player-friendly and helping them achieve their dream.

The reason is that the league and the union fought tooth and nail last time about the option year window. The league wanted it gone and in order to get the concession they eventually had to shorten minimum contract length to one year. It hurts the collective bargaining process when teams who fought to get rid of the NFL option year window suddenly start randomly giving it back.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

WOW!  ....and for a sack of beans, no less. That's really interesting. I guess the guy is 34 and has 10 years of wear and tear on the tires...

Screams Belichek trading a guy a year b4 he falls apart. Bet hughes has a down year. Age is his biggest obstacle