Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Good to see Ambrosie coming down on teams that release players for NFL opportunities.

A gold star to the first commissioner that is able to make teams follow league rules to the tee.  It's preposterous that in a small 9 team league like the CFL the end game  is often to subvert their own rules to gain an advantage over their partners or to try to keep up with half the teams that subvert the rules and hide it.  If they don't want to follow the rules they have in place, agree to adjust the rules to fit the circumstance and the reality of their game.

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

A gold star to the first commissioner that is able to make teams follow league rules to the tee.  It's preposterous that in a small 9 team league like the CFL the end game  is often to subvert their own rules to gain an advantage over their partners or to try to keep up with half the teams that subvert the rules and hide it.  If they don't want to follow the rules they have in place, agree to adjust the rules to fit the circumstance and the reality of their game.

Pretty sure teams can release players at anytime. It's how the CFL wants the contracts structured.

Can't complain when a team releases a player for their own reasons.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I can't wait until marijuana is legal, so that we can stop with this needless prohibition.

Carter is an idiot but I hope the case gets tossed and there are no lasting repercussions for him.

I do love the distraction it causes, though.

I guarantee even after they make pot legal, it will still be an offence to bring "unauthorized pot" into the country through an airport.

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I guarantee even after they make pot legal, it will still be an offence to bring "unauthorized pot" into the country through an airport.

Oh, yeah, the taxman still needs his cut. I get that but he's been charged with possession(?), that will go away.

As per the Duron Carter why they would charge him,  I can't speak for this particular incident.     Sometimes people can be unruly and very disrespectful to the police and at that point they will find anything to charge the jerk off merely to teach them a lesson.   For example if the police pull you over for a routine car check and you are nice and co-operate they will most likely let you go.   If you are a complete ass hat to them and act like you are king ****.... more then likely you will be getting a no seat belt ticket and whatever else they can find. 

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

As per the Duron Carter why they would charge him,  I can't speak for this particular incident.     Sometimes people can be unruly and very disrespectful to the police and at that point they will find anything to charge the jerk off merely to teach them a lesson.   For example if the police pull you over for a routine car check and you are nice and co-operate they will most likely let you go.   If you are a complete ass hat to them and act like you are king ****.... more then likely you will be getting a no seat belt ticket and whatever else they can find. 

So much this...I have a lot of law enforcement in my family, and all of this is 100% true...

Saskatchewan Roughriders star receiver Duron Carter faces drug possession charges in two provinces.

Carter, 26, was arrested in Winnipeg on Nov. 25 for possession of a controlled substance. A court spokesperson was unable to reveal what drug Carter allegedly possessed.

This news comes after it was revealed earlier Friday that Carter was arrested in Saskatoon on Thursday and charged with marijuana possession.

Even more proof to what a dolt he is...wonder what that controlled substance was?....multiple charges don't bode well tho...and bringing it across international borders regardless if legal one place or the other is a big no no

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

shows how dumb Carter is as well to try and bring that into the country through the airport....just further confirming his lack of intelligence

LMFAO! wait, he tried to bring it across the border?! is that not smuggling then, not just possession!?

6 hours ago, SPuDS said:

LMFAO! wait, he tried to bring it across the border?! is that not smuggling then, not just possession!?

Correct, it'd be both. He didn't declare the goods (obviously), so both a smuggling a controlled substance and a possession of a controlled substance charges could be enforced.

What an idiot.

Edited by blue_gold_84
terminology is important

1 minute ago, SPuDS said:

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

Correct, it'd be both. He didn't declare the goods (obviously), so both a smuggling narcotics and a possession of narcotics charges could be enforced.

What an idiot.

Yeah, maybe they didn't have enough evidence to charge both. Likely charged possession first, with the opportunity to file more charges later.

I wonder if the Riders release him? I wonder how the CFL head office handles it?

22 minutes ago, JCon said:

He's a better Trojan horse. Just let him loose on the Riders and watch the infighting and whatnot.

That's a very good point...at the end of the day, the big picture is that we all want the Riders season to get burned to the ground....and that is better achieved with Carter in the mix....

was just in Hawaii, sporting my Bomber gear whenever possible, and was actually approached a few times by Americans to discuss Canadian football, as they have suddenly heard of the CFL because of Johnny Manziel.  The guy may be a giant ******, but he definitely would probably get a lot of curious US viewers watching the CFL on ESPN.