Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The Riders still have Cameron Judge their first round draft pick from 2017 on their roster, I think he  will eventually take over at MLB if they need a Natl. in that position.

Judge had a lot of potential and I wouldn't be surprised if he stepped up, but replacing Elemimian would be a shock.

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The Riders still have Cameron Judge their first round draft pick from 2017 on their roster, I think he  will eventually take over at MLB if they need a Natl. in that position.

Judge had a lot of potential and I wouldn't be surprised if he stepped up, but replacing Elemimian would be a shock.

53 minutes ago, Floyd said:

If the CFL voided that contract, they should give BC an exemption for the cap hit - that's pretty lame...

Really hope this isn't just a weed charge.

If it were, Carter's contract would have been voided too. 

4 hours ago, JCon said:

yeah, that's the play that I think of when I think of Hurl's tenure here.  An MLB one-on-one with an RB in some traffic in the red zone in an elimination game -- he's gotta be able to make that tackle or at the very least slow the RB and give the rest of the D the chance to rally.

Like Dave Ritchie said, you gotta beat the guy lining up opposite you if you want to win the game.

5 minutes ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

From the article:

Provincial court documents show the 6-foot-3, 300-pound Atlanta native was charged last April with four criminal offences involving two alleged victims stemming from incidents in Vancouver on Oct. 16, 2016. His team at the time, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, played their regular-season finale at B.C. Place on Oct. 14, 2016.

Cummings is charged with sexual assault, assault and uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm to one person, and the sexual assault of another.

On 3/6/2018 at 4:57 PM, 17to85 said:

Wilder is talented no question there, I just think Bluto is really expecting more than the guy will be capable of. It's one thing to come in midseason and tear **** up, but like I said in my last post, do it from the start of the season over the entire course and it won't last. guy will get too beat up doing it. No one can sustain that pace over a whole year. 

Sounds like somebody is accepting my avatar bet...

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

So Bombers informed the league of the incident...  then he signs with Eskimos and plays for a full season but now his contract is voided by the CFL after the CFL approved the contract filed by BC after free agency.

CFL knew about this in November 2016 and charges filed in April 2017...  hmm.

Where did it say that? Do you have a link to a different article because it doesn't say that in the article Fred provided? 

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

From the article:

Provincial court documents show the 6-foot-3, 300-pound Atlanta native was charged last April with four criminal offences involving two alleged victims stemming from incidents in Vancouver on Oct. 16, 2016. His team at the time, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, played their regular-season finale at B.C. Place on Oct. 14, 2016.

Cummings is charged with sexual assault, assault and uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm to one person, and the sexual assault of another.

Sounds like he stayed on in Vancouver after the last game and really tied one on.

11 minutes ago, Floyd said:

So Bombers informed the league of the incident...  then he signs with Eskimos and plays for a full season but now his contract is voided by the CFL after the CFL approved the contract filed by BC after free agency.

CFL knew about this in November 2016 and charges filed in April 2017...  hmm.

I'm guessing if he didn't tell the Lions, he probably didn't bother to tell the Bombers or the Esks. either.

In other court news anyone know the results of Carter's delayed appearance before a Wpg. judge late last month?  Didn't hear nuthin.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

So the league knew ... but he kept playing? And only now does he get his contract voided?

and the next question ... why the hell wouldn’t the league tell potential suitors about this?

something doesn’t make sense here.

And on top of it essentially fine the ignorant (if we take them at their word) Lions $70,000 in cap space.

5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Judge had an epic melt-down on twitter in the fall. There's no guarantee that he's back playing football this year.

http://3downnation.com/2018/03/07/bombers-aware-euclid-cummings-investigation-2016-informed-cfl/

...the timeline raises questions as to why the CFL allowed Cummings to play in 2017 if they knew he was under investigation and particularly after charges were laid.

Former CFL commissioner Jeffery Orridge announced he was stepping down on April 12, just over two weeks before charges against Cummings were laid. Randy Ambrosie, who has taken a tougher stance on issues of domestic violence in his first year on the job, was named as his replacement on July 5, shortly after the season began.

Boy, I'll say... WTF?