What was your best Grey Cup ever?

BigBlue

1990. I was 6. We watched the game on a grainy tv with rabbit ears. After we won, my mom let me go out on the deck and bang on a medium sized pot (like the one you would make some rice or hardboiled eggs in, I was too small to hold a stock pot with one hand) with a wooden spoon. Even though it was way past my bedtime and a school night. They've all been garbage since then.

I was alive for our last 3 cups but don't remember watching any of them. Even 90, I was 10, but don't remember watching the game. I'm certain we did, but damned if I remember. So I honestly don't have a good GC memory. Not a single one. Nothing but heartache. 

Just now, Noeller said:

I was alive for our last 3 cups but don't remember watching any of them. Even 90, I was 10, but don't remember watching the game. I'm certain we did, but damned if I remember. So I honestly don't have a good GC memory. Not a single one. Nothing but heartache. 

what stands out to me from our 3 GC wins were the defensive plays.  Stan Mikawos rumbling down the field for the TD after Ty Jones big hit on Dieter Brock caused a fumble  in 1984, Michael Gray with the interception on Matt Dunigan on the 2 yrd line in 88 to turn the tide and seal the victory, and Greg Battle returning the pick six on Tracy Ham in 90.   Good times.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

The Michael Gray INT was one of the sweetest plays ever. After so many years of almost good enough, we finally won the cup. Would have been my best memory, but I didn't make it to that game in person.

it had only been 3 years since our last Cup victory at that point (we won in 84 and Gray's INT was in the 88 Grey Cup).   Where's Jacquie our fact-checker to verify?  :)

Edited by kelownabomberfan

The bomber GCs of my life time have been brought up. But ill throw this one in.

1994 grey cup. The BC lions were canadas team taking on Baltimore. Lou passaglia kicks a last second FG to keep the grey cup north of the 49th.  Too many men was pretty great too.  But for my money the best none blue GC was the 94. 

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

I don't remember a bomber victory in a grey cup either.

So my fondest memory of a grey cup has to be "too many men on the field" 2009

55 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

2018, watching the Bombers beat the REDBLACKS in Edmonton was absolutely amazing. Good friends and great times.............. 

Well ok, let me re-answer this next year......:D

Dude i already called this matchup! Gonna happen. 

Ive still got thr 84 grey cup, west final, schenley awards, victory parade and cknd broadcast from the arena on vhs. That was as awesome year  47-17 blowout!

88 and 90 were great. 2007 was heartbreaking but the east final was great to be at. 

Best non bomber cup... any time the riders LOsE

I was living in Saskatchewan, who had won the previous year. We had a dressed rehearsal for a school play. It was unconscionable that they would schedule it on GC Sunday but they did. Listened to the first half on the radio and raced home at HT to watch the second half.  It was great to watch all the "Rider" fans disappear once again. They pretended to care about their team for almost an entire season.

The GCs in the 80s were good but I was too young to appreciate their significance. Even 1990, I was happy but expected it to continue.

21 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

it had only been 3 years since our last Cup victory at that point (we won in 84 and Gray's INT was in the 88 Grey Cup).   Where's Jacquie our fact-checker to verify?  :)

I looked it up, and you're right. I guess I merged the good things into a single memory. Stupid old age.

1 minute ago, Fan Boy said:

1990 was awesome. A defensive licking on the then hated Eskimoes. That is the only time I ever ran onto the field after a game. I was really taken up into it.   I kind of sobered up watching the goal posts come down and was afraid someone was going to get hurt.  

Ripping down the goalposts. Ah, them’s the days of great fandoms on the field!