Should this regime be on the hot seat?

White Out

Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

On 03/11/2017 at 11:25 PM, USABomberfan said:

Not exactly.  Full credit must be given that we got there yes, but since we're playing at home now, expectations must be raised to win that game and win big.

Road playoff game last year. Home playoff game this year. Back to back winning seasons for the first time in forever. Come on man. This is the most consistent this franchise has been in well over a decade. 

2 hours ago, David Lee Sloth said:

Road playoff game last year. Home playoff game this year. Back to back winning seasons for the first time in forever. Come on man. This is the most consistent this franchise has been in well over a decade. 

Yes and that is why expectations must be raised to end the cup drought.

2 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Forget Salisbury; you could put Sean Connery in, if we had 1988's wrecking crew of a defense on this team.

Connery would have wanted a vodka martini (shaken not stirred) and a Beretta to be behind center. Or a Walther PPK.

Edited by tracker

Here is an interesting bit of food for thought.  Bend but dont break systems rely heavily on tackling, and on the range of a MLBer. If we replaced hurl with a better then league average starter quality imp mlb, and played them in the appropriate role of a BBDB mlber, would that improve the D more or less then firing hall?

A mlber that could cover more ground, do a better job filling the gaps and stopping the run, would also also loffler to play deeper. More of a traditional saftey less of a back of the box LBer. Hall makes good adjustments, But the team can start out flat under him. Weve run with low depth at DB, hamstrung him with poor lbing, and fought the poop+nevis combo up the middle for a long time. (mostly due to ratio issues) 

On the other hand our dbs would force a lot more incomplete passes with tighter coverage. More effective blitzs, and better use of personnel would help a good bit too.  

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Having a legit MLB would certainly help but i feel Halls scheme is outdated. 

Idk about out dated. It might even be the right system for right now. With the current state of PI in the league, playing tight man coverage is liable to just get you a TON of flags. The basic bend but dont break / match zone / zone blitz scheme might be the way to go. Im a big believer that aggressive football is good football.  But you cant play aggressive coverage right now. 

Im also of the thought that no matter who we had at DC up to current under mos, we would run BBDB coverage. Blitzing, alignment, gap assignments, DL Techs etc would change but not the basis of the D. But as weve seen mos get more involved in the D this year weve seen those things infringed upon. Weve seen more complicated zones, blitzs, and more un leashing of our DL. The biggest example I can think of this is our using dbs in blitzs. 

That said, given the choice of cover 0 or a BBDB type defense that relies on the dl to get pressure, id rather see cover 0. 

42 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, Salisbury could throw. Not the greatest arm but he could do it. Salisbury was a pocket passer. LeFevour can't throw from the pocket but he can run.. 

Damon allen? He had a whole lot of meh passing years as well. I think at best he could be a nealon greene / kerry joseph / micahel bishop type/quality. Though he doesnt have the raw tools of bishop or joseph in his arm or greene in his legs. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Idk about out dated. It might even be the right system for right now. With the current state of PI in the league, playing tight man coverage is liable to just get you a TON of flags. The basic bend but dont break / match zone / zone blitz scheme might be the way to go. Im a big believer that aggressive football is good football.  But you cant play aggressive coverage right now. 

Im also of the thought that no matter who we had at DC up to current under mos, we would run BBDB coverage. Blitzing, alignment, gap assignments, DL Techs etc would change but not the basis of the D. But as weve seen mos get more involved in the D this year weve seen those things infringed upon. Weve seen more complicated zones, blitzs, and more un leashing of our DL. The biggest example I can think of this is our using dbs in blitzs. 

That said, given the choice of cover 0 or a BBDB type defense that relies on the dl to get pressure, id rather see cover 0. 

Id say out dated. Just not aggressive enough.. To passive like the Jets PK. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Id say out dated. Just not aggressive enough.. To passive like the Jets PK. 

The last fist full of weeks the front 7 has certainly been aggressive. Though we dont have that pass rushing Lber.  Now that is  an out dated role in the cfl. Loffler is sure aggressive enough, and the dbs jumping balls.

I hope hope HOPE they revert the PI. Or atleast dial it back a notch or three. Allow football to be a contact sport down field, and make physically aggressive DB play viable. 

58 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, Salisbury could throw. Not the greatest arm but he could do it. Salisbury was a pocket passer. LeFevour can't throw from the pocket but he can run.. 

and there's the thing. Lapo better have whipped up some kind of a wicked running package for the Fever to unleash on the shmoes tomorrow. If he sits in the pocket all day serving up lame ducks I'm gonna be so pissed!

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Damon allen? He had a whole lot of meh passing years as well. I think at best he could be a nealon greene / kerry joseph / micahel bishop type/quality. Though he doesnt have the raw tools of bishop or joseph in his arm or greene in his legs. 

You're hurting my brain today.:wacko:

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Or else what? Seriously... Or else what? You gonna start a bunch of new topics? Cuz whether we like it or not.... We have zero say. Lol

Sigh ... all I'm saying is that we got a team now that is getting consistent with winning, and it's time for that to translate into playoff wins and Grey Cup wins.

And if we don't win on Sunday, why the hell would I need to start a bunch of new topics when most of my current threads are all locked and loaded to go?

Yeah duh we got zero say mr Captain Obvious I mean yeah ... we all got zero say ladies and gentlemen, we all might as well just not discuss any more Bomber football on a forum or express our opinions about what our coaches and front office should do because we got zero say folks, did yall know that?  SMH.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Don't even try to sell us on that nonsense.  It's a garbage scheme and needs to be eradicated like the plague.  I don't buy any of this nonsense that press man coverage can't be used or that we can't have a more shut down mentality instilled in our group.  Just upgrade that MLB spot, get Westerman back, add a couple more DBs in the mix to complement Randle and Alexander and booyah.  DC has to go, we can do better than mr Stinko Richie Hall.

6 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Don't even try to sell us on that nonsense.  It's a garbage scheme and needs to be eradicated like the plague.  I don't buy any of this nonsense that press man coverage can't be used or that we can't have a more shut down mentality instilled in our group.  Just upgrade that MLB spot, get Westerman back, add a couple more DBs in the mix to complement Randle and Alexander and booyah.  DC has to go, we can do better than mr Stinko Richie Hall.

So, what you're saying is, we just need a few tweeks and we're good to go. :blink:

3 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

BBDB isnt like some old scheme. Pre argos GC run, who ran it in the cfl? It may well be garbage (it sure isnt strong) but it certainly isnt out dated. Defending the first down yardage on 2nd down can be done in a shell as well.

It can be done, if it can be gotten away with idk. Certainly you can play more aggressive with coverage then we do, every one else in the league does. Couple dbs? heath, randle alexander etc not an issue imo. I think our guys can run any system we want pretty much. Maybe we will need to look at an experience sam in the off season to insure against Mo possibly being done.