Should this regime be on the hot seat?

White Out

Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

9 hours ago, J5V said:

You're hurting my brain today.:wacko:

Allen doesn't have the same respect other qbs had. I think a lot of it had to do with his laid back attitude. I remember a lot of times he'd throw a pick, fumble or make a bad play & just walk off the field like it was no big deal. He'd even be smiling sometimes.  Fans noticed that & thought he didn't care but he did. It was just the way he handled pressure.

13 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I hope hope HOPE they revert the PI. Or atleast dial it back a notch or three. Allow football to be a contact sport down field, and make physically aggressive DB play viable. 

same here.

Frequently when a pass is succesfully defended, specially a long pass, the players  immediately looks towards the referee to see if pi is going to be called. 

Receivers jump up waving their arms and demanding a flag. Even if the ball was nowhere near them, they sometimes get a flag.

not enjoyable.

Edited by Mark F

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Allen doesn't have the same respect other qbs had. I think a lot of it had to do with his laid back attitude. I remember a lot of times he'd throw a pick, fumble or make a bad play & just walk off the field like it was no big deal. He'd even be smiling sometimes.  Fans noticed that & thought he didn't care but he did. It was just the way he handled pressure.

He doesnt, the difference of allen post 40 and pre is pretty tremendous. He had a few really great passing years, but over all he was very much a dual threat master of none. The rose colored glasses of nostalgia have been painting the mac attack, allen and others as better then they were. Especially because they had their best passing years in their 40s. 

5 hours ago, Mark F said:

same here.

Frequently when a pass is succesfully defended, specially a long pass, the players  immediately looks towards the referee to see if pi is going to be called. 

Receivers jump up waving their arms and demanding a flag. Even if the ball was nowhere near them, they sometimes get a flag.

not enjoyable.

QFT. And if they allow it to continue at this rate, we will see it get worse. Only a matter of time till you have a play call for a wr to draw the foul and flop with the intent of a challenge if you dont get the call.  Spend more effort protecting prone players from cheap shots and less making pass pro touch football. Drives me F%$#ing nuts. And i dont have far to go. 

I wish I was at the game today. I would have been the one chanting...

"WE WANT A DEFENCE"

"WE WANT A DEFENCE"

"WE WANT A DEFENCE"

"WE WANT A DEFENCE"

"WE WANT A DEFENCE"

"WE WANT A DEFENCE"

"WE WANT A DEFENCE"

With any type of defence today we would have had a very good chance of winning.  

3 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

I wish I was at the game today. I would have been the one chanting...

"WE WANT A DEFENCE"

"WE WANT A DEFENCE"

"WE WANT A DEFENCE"

"WE WANT A DEFENCE"

"WE WANT A DEFENCE"

"WE WANT A DEFENCE"

"WE WANT A DEFENCE"

With any type of defence today we would have had a very good chance of winning.  

In general better play calling and coaches decision making.  Edm didnt even coach that much better then us, we did it that poorly. 

3 hours ago, pigseye said:

I could have called a better game tonight.

I wouldnt go THAT far... But that tsn gimmick of maggie the monkey doing NHL picks but with plays may have. :P

On 11/11/2017 at 4:37 PM, Goalie said:

Having a legit MLB would certainly help but i feel Halls scheme is outdated. 

This.   I believe he has been figured out and OC's know how to beat his concepts.  Even when he knows he needs to change it up, the chinks in the armour are found easy..

new game plans or need a new game planner.

We didn't get to 12-6 this year (whether that was an overachievement or not) from bad GMing.  I could name a couple simple upgrades that could drive this team to 14-4 and running Calgary out of their seat next year and us clinching 1st in the West.

Keep in mind, since O'Shea and Walters have taken over, this team has ascended the West ladder year after year from last, to 4th, to 3rd and now second.  If that trend continues, we're hosting the West Final next season.

Now ..... I don't have blind support to them.  My support does come with a caveat that they must dropkick Richie Hall out of here like a rock since he was 100% to blame for yesterday's loss.  Get Noel Thorpe or someone of similar nature whose going to toss the bend and break fail of a defense out and put a stingy Claybrooks carbon copy defense out there and we're bringing that cup home next year.  But if they don't do this, then yes the heat will be raised on the regime.

Four years of "rebuilding" and we have yet to win a playoff game? Four years and teams who were just as crappy (Riders, Argos and TiCats) have managed to make the necessary changes to become competitive and the Bombers back into the playoffs and embarrass themselves in front of their fans in a winnable game?  If this is good enough, there is something dreadfully wrong. As one vulture said to the other, "Patience my a$$, I'm going to go kill something".

7 minutes ago, tracker said:

Four years of "rebuilding" and we have yet to win a playoff game? Four years and teams who were just as crappy (Riders, Argos and TiCats) have managed to make the necessary changes to become competitive and the Bombers back into the playoffs and embarrass themselves in front of their fans in a winnable game?  If this is good enough, there is something dreadfully wrong. As one vulture said to the other, "Patience my a$$, I'm going to go kill something".

Let me get you a tissue.

I'm still behind the current regime as I believe it has the goods to get us to the ultimate prize.   However, I strongly believe the weak link is on the GM and recruiting side.   MOS is a good coach and will just keep getting better. 

In this business, if you can't recruit a #1 receiver and LB'er.  Then you don't deserve to be in the business.   The NCAA  graduates 100's of receivers every year and we can't find a couple game breakers.   

It's time Wade Miller puts his foot down and forces Walter's hand to dump the current scouting department and retool with proven scouts.  I know Miller and yesterdays loss will not sit well with him.   He knows how to build a successful business and trust me.  He doesn't suffer fools lightly.