3 stars + hh ate us raw edition

wbbfan

Just now, wbbfan said:

Not much positive tnite. But here goes.

1 Don jonas. The pregame show contract to retire a bomber and him asking how much he was gonna make was hilarity. 

2  The refs. fantastic job tnite. :rolleyes:

3 Richie hall. Best defensive co ever? :rolleyes:

HH, that trick play direct snap to darvin adams was awesome. 

This is like telling your date that for a fat girl, she doesn't sweat much.

8 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Nobody deserves a star, they were pathetic.

HH to Drew W. for his first catch.

A huge FU to the ref who called Lankford stopped on that third Q non tackle.

Wolitarsky caught a good pass but fluffed two others. Lankford was screwed but I don't think he would have gotten any further anyways.

3 Stars:

1. Adams both as QB and receiver.
  2. Bryant - Turned a fumble into a rumble into lateral and a FG.
  3. Denmark - Not a great choice, but I've run out of stars.

Happy Honker:

Don Jonas for all the great memories and the only laugh I got last night when he wanted to know what he was going to get from signing a 1 day contract.

Saguaro_cactus_in_Arizona.jpg

Jack-Nicholson-jack-nicholson-23272476-1

Well friends, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers entered the game tonight looking to win their sixth straight home game for the first time in 16 years, and secure a playoff spot in the process. But as we know, someone's the best laid plans do not always work out, and tonight we see the Hamilton Tiger Cats come in and take control early, and never really relinquish it, leaving us to hope for better days ahead. But just because we lost does not mean we cannot find some good in this game, and in fact that it what the happy honker award is all about. Because we need to salute that player who did that something a little extra special, who made you sit up and take notice, no matter the outcome.

And we certainly had some candidates today. Carlos Santana-Knox was flying to the ball all night long. Chris Randle had two very impressive tackles on those hitch screen pass things, one of which came on second and inches and forced Hamilton to kick for a field goal instead on continuing their drive. Clarence Denmark was very involved early and played his usual steady game. Darvin Adams made some fine catches as well, and threw in a beautiful pass to Andrew Harris to boot, which was my runner up tonight in the Happy Honker nominations. And let's not forget the toughness of Matty Nicholls playing well after his injury before the powers that be decided he could use the rest. And I would be remiss if I did not mention Matt Coates, the Ontario boy who was replacing an injured Julian Feoli-Gudino, and acquitted himself well when called upon.

But there can be only one Happy Honker, and tonight that goes to a player not normally mentioned in the list of star players. It was the second quarter when the game was still in doubt, and Mr. Nicholls stepped back to pass on second down, but was stripped of the ball. Well wouldn't you know that lineman Sukh Cheung alertly scooped up the loose ball off the carpet, and rather than just fall on it at centre field, tried valiantly to run with the ball, barrelling in to tacklers along the way. And when that failed, he was aware enough to lateral the ball off to Clarence Denmark, who would surely win a foot race between the two of them most if not all days, and in doing so Cheung allowed his speedier teammate the opportunity to advance the ball down into Hamilton territory where it was close enough to let Justin Medlock try and successfully make the field goal. So for his heads-up play that allowed the Bombers to get out of a bad spot and put some points on the board, this happy honker goes to offensive lineman Sukh Cheung.

That look by Jack says it all folks...The caption should read    'And you said you were a winner'....Sure as heck didn't look like we were one last night...in fact just the opposite...A very poor effort from a team I expected a lot more from at this time of year...Is it too late to make some key changes....If the answer is 'yes'....then it might be too late in the game to advance any further than we did last season.

Lets not panic excessively. It was only one game, but the liabilities that have been evident for some time (mostly on defence) finally cost the Bombers. It would be refreshing to hear a frank evaluation by O'Shea of the putrid effort on both sides of the ball and what he sees that needs to change if the Bombers want to challenge the Stamps.

5 hours ago, tracker said:

Lets not panic excessively. It was only one game, but the liabilities that have been evident for some time (mostly on defence) finally cost the Bombers. It would be refreshing to hear a frank evaluation by O'Shea of the putrid effort on both sides of the ball and what he sees that needs to change if the Bombers want to challenge the Stamps.

scbu.gif