Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

If he comes back?  Do you know something I don't know?

Nope.  Just worry about players with nagging injuries.   He came back for a partial game and was back on IR.   Not a good sign.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we wasn’t back until next season. 

Also, Jets have been very aggressive in finding a centre at the deadline.  That in itself is telling.  Might not just be for depth.  

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Tough for teams to match up against three scoring lines...

And a 4th line of Copp-Lowry-Armia/Tanev.  Thats a damn good shut down line.  Lowry was playing against other teams top lines.  Assuming thats still the plan, it creates three scoring lines for the Jets that will be very hard to defend.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

3/4 of the way through the season.... if the playoffs were to start today, these would be the matchups

VqrJ9yU.png

Focking Calgary gets Vegas. So they're in the 2nd round.

Otherwise SJ. Nash and US

38 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

So Stastny with Laine and Ehlers?  What do we call them?  I got nothing.

Lainsy

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

So lines now are:

C-S-W

E-S-L

Perrault - Little - Roslo

Copp - Lowry - Armia

Someone getting sent back down?  Either Petan or Roslo ?  What happens to Tanev when he comes back?  Does he sit?

Just can't see Tanev knocking Armia out of the lineup... but who knows

PK is prob Copp/Lowry and Little/Armia...?

Statsny probably replaces Armia on second PP unit

Just now, Floyd said:

So then it would be a 1st and two 4ths...?  or is it the 4th or Foley?

If Foley does NOT sign with the Blues, they get the 2020 4th Rounder.  If he does sign, they do not get that second pick.

By the way, if the Jets pick 1-3 in the draft this year (which would take a monumental collapse), the first round pick becomes a 2019 pick as opposed to this year.

Assuming Jets make the playoffs and Foley signs a contract, its a 1st this year plus Foley.  Thats it.  At least as I understand it,.

Interesting, some non-Winnipeg fans consider it a lot to give up and a big score for St Louis.  I suppose its one of those deals that is good for both teams.  Having a late round pick on a team with so much youth means little compared to Playoff success right now.  And we're hardly hurting for young players so Foley, while a good prospect is expendable.