Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

petan and dano - could do.

I've noticed a remarkable absence of tweets about teams calling the Jets to express interest in Petan and Dano.  Therein lies the rub.

Since the talk is now about Maroon, the question is where do we hypothetically play him?  The only place that really makes any sense at all (assuming everyone is healthy) is on the 2nd line with Little and Perreault.  And that means Roslovic, Tanev, Dano, Hendricks, Mattias, Petan are all out.  Which I am fine with -  that is not a reason to not do it.  Rather, what is the value of that Maroon upgrade over the options currently available to us (let's say Roslovic) versus how much value will we have to give up to make that upgrade?  I'm not sure that value is worth it, and that doesn't include an even less tangible value like giving a young player like Roslovic valuable playoff experience.

Just typing out some of the mental cud I'm chewing on.  Moo.

8 minutes ago, mbrg said:

I've noticed a remarkable absence of tweets about teams calling the Jets to express interest in Petan and Dano.  Therein lies the rub.

Since the talk is now about Maroon, the question is where do we hypothetically play him?  The only place that really makes any sense at all (assuming everyone is healthy) is on the 2nd line with Little and Perreault.  And that means Roslovic, Tanev, Dano, Hendricks, Mattias, Petan are all out.  Which I am fine with -  that is not a reason to not do it.  Rather, what is the value of that Maroon upgrade over the options currently available to us (let's say Roslovic) versus how much value will we have to give up to make that upgrade?  I'm not sure that value is worth it, and that doesn't include an even less tangible value like giving a young player like Roslovic valuable playoff experience.

Just typing out some of the mental cud I'm chewing on.  Moo.

I'd stay away from Maroon.  Very cold/hot type player and moreso frigid lately.

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

so how's that Jets-Sabres trade look now?

Considering Myers, Roslo and Armia are all in our lineup and we're near the top of the league... seems okay

Sabres just traded for the equivalent of Nic Petan because he's pals with Eichel...  

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Considering Myers, Roslo and Armia are all in our lineup and we're near the top of the league... seems okay

Sabres just traded for the equivalent of Nic Petan because he's pals with Eichel...  

guess we'll see what we get for that pick we got from the Stafford trade last year.

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

guess we'll see what we get for that pick we got from the Stafford trade last year.

So

Myers, Roslo, Armia, Lemieux, 5th round pick

Bogo, maybe 1st round, Dan O'Regan, 4th Round, Kasdorf

I'll still take this...  slightly more even but not much - still a huge win if its a 2nd round pick

Edited by Floyd

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

did the Sabres retain any salary?  Sounds like the Blues are retaining some of Stastny's.

Very true.

Im surprised by some fans on HF being upset with trading a first rounder.  This is what REAL contenders do, especially when they have a cupboard stocked full of youth and prospects.  Even if the Jets got swept out, its the right move to try and win a cup.  Jets are a legit Cup contender.  Man...that sounds good to say.  When was the last time...

Wow Buffalo missed the boat on getting a 1st rounder for Kane... they had offers earlier in the year for a 1st and more and were to greedy.

20 minutes left and several talented UFA's still on the board.... I wonder if we can fleece someone with a crap pick for a rental?

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Very true.

Im surprised by some fans on HF being upset with trading a first rounder.  This is what REAL contenders do, especially when they have a cupboard stocked full of youth and prospects.  Even if the Jets got swept out, its the right move to try and win a cup.  Jets are a legit Cup contender.  Man...that sounds good to say.  When was the last time...

1984 and 1990