Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

Check out (the insufferable) Peter Tessier's blog for some fancy stats and comparisons for Stastny.  A really good player who is centering a pretty poor line right now...so one expects his stats to only improve with the Jets

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Peter-Tessier/Statsny-a-Jet-Jets-Deadline-Thread/161/91296

4 minutes ago, iHeart said:

well that's a relief

so will the Jets make another move today? nice to see that the Jets did something different (I don't remember the last time we made a deal at the deadline and we gained a player)

I think they'd like a depth D man, but probably nothing crazy.  Someone better (or with more playoff experience) than Chiarot (who has been very good in his role) and Poolman (who is a rookie).  But hard to say who that might be.  You're essentially trading for someone you hope doesnt have to play.

I could see them liking Maroon but not sure they do that now.  Essentially you'd be wanting a Maroon-Lowry-Copp 4th line.  Which would be pretty damn good actually.

Jets were connected to Max Domi too which seems like a summer deal to me.  He's the right type of player for them (restricted and young and cheap and local doesnt hurt).

Edited by The Unknown Poster

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

You know he was born in St. Louis :D

;)

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Maybe I missed something about St Louis but I went to HF boards and the first post after the trade announcement is someone saying that this is good because it makes room for them to add Tavares today.  lol

That's true, it does. It won't happen but I like their optimism.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

;)

That's true, it does. It won't happen but I like their optimism.

Their fans seem happy too although lots of "so who's going to be our 1/2C rest of the season and PLAYOFFS?"  *chirps*   But fans on both sides are happy so win/win.  Hopefully.  I mean, it remains to be seen on our end...

10 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I could see them liking Maroon but not sure they do that now.  Essentially you'd be wanting a Maroon-Lowry-Copp 4th line.  Which would be pretty damn good actually.

I'm not sure how they pick award finalists in the NHL, but if it ever went the way of the CFL where every team nominates a player, Armia should be an obvious nod for the Selke.  He is an underappreciated player whose defensive skills and backchecking prowess are exceptional.  The only way he should not be in the starting lineup is if he gets injured.