Midseason record predictions

4 hours ago, Nolby said:

Looking at their remaining schedule, the two games I think they lose are both in Alberta. We're still better than Bc, Ottawa and Toronto. I'm calling for 11-7 or 12-6.

I actually think the Calgary game will be a W.  I am not entirely sure they can beat the Stamps straight up (definitely possible) but I think the Stamps will have 1st locked up by then, and it is the last game of the season.

41 minutes ago, HarryCarayGary said:

I actually think the Calgary game will be a W.  I am not entirely sure they can beat the Stamps straight up (definitely possible) but I think the Stamps will have 1st locked up by then, and it is the last game of the season.

If they can't beat the Stamps in that last game they are beyond hope of going far in the playoffs.  Have to at least beat their "B team".

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If they can't beat the Stamps in that last game they are beyond hope of going far in the playoffs.  Have to at least beat their "B team".

I tend to agree, barring exactly where the standings are, but it seems to be heading that way.  Could see both teams in a position that a win nor a loss means anything in the standings though.

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

10-8.  A big loss on Labor Day by a promising Bomber team is usually followed by a decline in the second half of the season.

post-LDC records during that span:

2005: 2-5, 2006: 4-3, 2007: 5-4, 2008: 6-3, 2009: 4-4, 2010: 2-7, 2011: 3-6, 2012: 4-5, 2013: 2-7, 2014: 1-8, 2015: 2-6

As you can see, there isn't really a correlation with respect to one game and how it affects the remaining balance of the season. Bear in mind the Bombers have fielded some pretty craptastic teams in that time.

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

That was brutal. We only got to the Grey Cup in 2011.

I hope we're that unsuccessful this year!

Yup- that was Brutal. That was a champion caliber Defense that dragged a terrible offense kicking and screaming to the Grey Cup.  Man... if we had that defense with this offense this year... I don't think we would lose a game.  I am not even kidding. 

22 minutes ago, JCon said:

That was brutal. We only got to the Grey Cup in 2011.

I hope we're that unsuccessful this year!

OP was asking about regular season records, tho.

Lucky the 2011 team had enough points in the bank to coast to 1st in the East and then beat Kevin Glenn in a cold weather game to get to the cup.

Edited by johnzo