Odds and Sods - Blue Bombers at Hamilton Tiger-Cats

do or die

Methodical, up-tempo opening drive, ends in Medlock FG.....
Nichols on target, good balance with run and passing.....
Another drive brings on Medlock to make it 6-0....
Blue having some breakdowns in pass pro.....
Corney with the sack, Fogg with big punt return....
But this drive also stalls, Medlock makes it 9-0
Hamilton O looking pretty inept, patrons already booing....
Denmark having a busy first half......
P. Johnson gets the Cats out of a hole, with very dumb penalty...
TiCats promptly drive down the field.....
3 man rush, backed against your end zone?   Didn't work.
Masoli sneaks  in for the 6.   Cats fail on the 2 pointer.  9-6
Blue O gets drive going...but 2nd down pass short of marker...
Well,  at least Medlock will ......get the punt blocked!
Nichols hits Lankford for 30 yd. gain.....
...but yet another 2nd pass that is way short of the marker...
Medlock makes it 12- 6.   Bombers should really be running away....
Chris Randle quietly goes about pretty good business, out there.....
Collaros sacked by Jake Thomas....Fogg busts  big punt return....
....but comes back for holding on the other side of the field.....
Some dumb penalties not  helping the Bomber cause , here...
Collaros laterals to Gable, who  loses handle....Thomas recovers...
Jake Thomas may be a rotation player.....but he does the job, every time...
Passes to Adams and Thorpe...bring it inside the Ham. 10..
JFG drags across the field, uncovered....and waltzes into endzone....
19-6.   Just a bit more killer instinct.....and this one is right in the bag..
Corney getting pretty consistent pass rush, all nite.....
The  Roc sure looks better on the corner, than at half......
Lots of pressure on Big Money Zac....Hamilton  pass  pro is pathetic ...
Medlock makes a 57 YARD FIELD GOAL!!     22-6 for the Blue....
Another drive......another dink on 2nd down......frustrating...
Just a bit more killer ins........nope, Cats block Medlock's punt.
Hurl then picks up apparent fumble and rumbles a mile for the TD...
....but review calls it  incomplete.   Collaros throws a short out.....
....first Heath, then Loffler gass the tackle.....for along  Ham. TD.
You  know what they say about letting a bad team hang around.....
Westerman get his obligatory rouging penalty on failed  2 point  convert
However Gabler is stuffed on next attempt....
Not sold on Knox at LB......at all...
Lankford must think gin is waiting on the sideline,  when returning kicks...
Medlock takes  one  step for "quick kick" and nails it 75 yds.....
Corney really does have some pass rush moves...
Really chitzy PI call on Heath...but  ZC loses 30 yds on recovered fumble..
Another good  return by Fogg.    Harris finding some room running and catching....
But this drive stalls - Medlock hits on his 6th,  making  it 25-12.
Bombers controlling  things, moving ball.....but serious lack of finish....
Leggett strips ball from receiver......Loffler recovers.....
Hamilton roughing on Nichols.   Matt then goes long to the end zone....
...where Adams wins 50-50 ball with great catch.....
That is the kill shot.  32-12.    Or as Rod Black might say....."good nite Hamilton"
Banks.....looking more seedy....than  speedy, this year.....
Zac C. still under siege......Walker dives..... for sideline interception.....
Hammy D out of gas....Blue run game chews up yards and the clock...
Harris  is over 100.....Flanders pounds it in, untouched for 6....
Finally looks like the wax job, this game  should of been, earlier.....
39-12.   In fairness, have seen some 0-7 teams that were better than record.
.....in the case of the Tiger-Cats.......uh, nope.    Hamilton will win another game....
...but  it may take a few weeks.     Do or Die will empty another bottle....
....and it will only take a few drinks.....

22 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Our defense has been noticeably better with Leggett back in the line up. He brings so much to our lineup. That FF was the nail in the coffin for the Ti Cats tonight. 

Yeah the DB shuffle with roc on corner, walker on half and mo returning has been huge.  Our DL and secondary are sorted now. The 2 lbers with wild hurt..... 

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Bob made a interesting comment that Wild is a long ways away outside chance he might come back at all. Apparently the break was real bad.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Guy's a stud and won't be easily replaced.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Completely dominant. Expected nothing less. Bring on the Esks. For The W!

Some Rider fans may beg to differ, Lol

This is a quote over there on whether the Riders can beat the Bombers; "If Winnipeg is the team that played tonight, then, absolutely we'll beat them. They don't look nearly as good as their record and the Riders aren't as bad as theirs."

7 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Some Rider fans may beg to differ, Lol

This is a quote over there on whether the Riders can beat the Bombers; "If Winnipeg is the team that played tonight, then, absolutely we'll beat them. They don't look nearly as good as their record and the Riders aren't as bad as theirs."

They legitimately think they're going to sweep us.

In what freaking world?

A well deserved victory for Winnipeg. Still am a little unsettled on the offensive play calling, we seem content to settle for field goals when we get inside their 30. Think there has to be a more distinct effort to salt away the games early. Other than that I thought it was an all round good game. BUT and I don't want to rain on the parade, BUT it was Hamilton and they are not a good team right now. I believe our true test will be when we play Edmonton.  The Sask  games should be victories if they continue on the same path but that means we beat the teams below us and we have to beat the teams above us to be successful. In any event if we continue at this rate, beat the teams below us that is, we will cross over to the east and get a bye I believe. Easy way to the Grey Cup. The team is rounding into forum and if that continues I will gladly take back my words that I have posted here before. Again cautious only because the wins are against low standing teams BUT nonetheless wins.

8 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

A well deserved victory for Winnipeg. Still am a little unsettled on the offensive play calling, we seem content to settle for field goals when we get inside their 30. Think there has to be a more distinct effort to salt away the games early. Other than that I thought it was an all round good game. BUT and I don't want to rain on the parade, BUT it was Hamilton and they are not a good team right now. I believe our true test will be when we play Edmonton.  The Sask  games should be victories if they continue on the same path but that means we beat the teams below us and we have to beat the teams above us to be successful. In any event if we continue at this rate, beat the teams below us that is, we will cross over to the east and get a bye I believe. Easy way to the Grey Cup. The team is rounding into forum and if that continues I will gladly take back my words that I have posted here before. Again cautious only because the wins are against low standing teams BUT nonetheless wins.

Were you wearing shorts when you posted this?

Why should we not be considered to be on the same tier as the rest of the West? We were basically equal to BC last year, and we seem to be equal to them again this year. Edmonton & Calgary do appear to be a tad better at this point, but it's a long season. 

Really, aside from one more impactful receiver and a good linebacker to replace Wild I don't see many needs on this team as long as we can stay relatively healthy. 

13 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Sorry to rain on your parade but I for one truly believe we can go against the best and win.  In the last two games Edmonton has not set the league on fire.  High hopes... there's goes a million kilowatts.

I'm not worried about 6 FGs in the game last night. That's 18 points. Enough to win us the game last night. I think it's more the fans' reactions than it is the football clubs. "We should have got more TDs in the red zone" kind of thing. And while both Nichols  and O'Shea acknowledged that, Nichols did bring up a good  point about stalled drives. He said even though every drive doesn't produce a major (my words), having the Bombers move the ball constantly keeps the opposing Offence off the field. He feels sometimes they do play too safe (again, my words), but they don't want to lose points, especially with a kicker like Medlock.

It took all edmonton had to beat the Tiger Cats, we basically handled them with ease and could have been worse but I think we schemed on offence to play a safe game..see where the game went and adjust accordingly..was in no real threat to lose I don't think..so we stayed safe...no need to take unnecessary risks if you don't have to

14 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Why should we not be considered to be on the same tier as the rest of the West? We were basically equal to BC last year, and we seem to be equal to them again this year. Edmonton & Calgary do appear to be a tad better at this point, but it's a long season. 

Really, aside from one more impactful receiver and a good linebacker to replace Wild I don't see many needs on this team as long as we can stay relatively healthy. 

We don't have the WOW!! QB as some people love the mistake prone Jennings over the steady Nichols. Our receivers are playing much better but for a long time were the worst in the CFL. The Lions pass catchers play lights out most games. Our defense plays soft compared to BC. We've given up over 220 points in 7 games compared to the Lions that have given up 50 or more points less over the same number of games. So, there's those perceptions out there, I believe. I also think the Bombers were so bad for so long that some fans & media of other teams just can't accept the fact that the Bombers aren't a last place team anymore. Sometimes perceptions that are ingrained take a long time to change.

Give me the underdog role everytime. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27