Winnipeg @ Ottawa GDT

Rich

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I'm predicting the deciding factor in this game is special teams for us.  Giving the O a small field to have to work with, Medlock finding his groove again and guys like Thomas Miles introducing themselves early and often on Quincy McDuffie

McDuffie is a bit worrying...  our kick coverage has not been great lately.

And not to jinx it, but no way is McDuffie in game shape right now, and how could he possibly have a full understanding of their blocking yet? I'm not saying he couldn't bust one....give him a seam and watch him go....but I don't know that he's THAT much of a worry compared to Harris-to-Ellingson all night...

26 minutes ago, Floyd said:

McDuffie is a bit worrying...  our kick coverage has not been great lately.

except they have hours of practice against him so they should know his tendencies and what he likes to do.. hopefully anyway.

Pleasantly surprised by the result.  I expected a loss as the Bombers have never won a meaningful game against Ottawa in 6 previous tries (last year's win Ottawa sat half or more of their starters as they had clinched their playoff spot). 

Despite the criticism in the babble thread of Richie Hall's defense, it was ultimately this group who won the game for the Bombers.  Turnover for the touchdown and another turnover that resulted in a field goal.  2 key quick 2-and-outs at the end that allowed the Bombers a chance to tie and then win the game.   Meanwhile Nichols and the offense failed to score a single TD after the 1st quarter.  

23 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Refs were so one sided tonight.. The fact we won is crazy... We beat Ottawa and the Zebras. So one sided. Just brutal. Ppl talk about out coaching like u were in the room or on the field but ignore the blatantly obvious stuff.. Zone D and refs almost cost us. 

The holding calls that erased the TD were legit. On the last play for the D - they could have easily flagged Carmichael for PI. 

Just now, blueandgoldguy said:

Pleasantly surprised by the result.  I expected a loss as the Bombers have never won a meaningful game against Ottawa in 6 previous tries (last year's win Ottawa sat half or more of their starters as they had clinched their playoff spot). 

Despite the criticism in the babble thread of Richie Hall's defense, it was ultimately this group who won the game for the Bombers.  Turnover for the touchdown and another turnover that resulted in a field goal.  2 key quick 2-and-outs at the end that allowed the Bombers a chance to tie and then win the game.   Meanwhile Nichols and the offense failed to score a single TD after the 1st quarter.  

With all due respect tp Hall and his defence, giving up those easy TDs is something that good defenses do not do. That is going to cost the Bombers and the offense cannot be expected to put up 40 points every game. The last-minute drives to win the game are thrilling but it shouldn't come to that every freaking game.

I thought this was an overall good effort and performance by the team. I'm still concerned with the defense, but they continue to make in-game adjustments and tighten things up as the game goes on. They came through when it mattered the most, because for as much praise as the offense should get for this one, it was the defense that held strong to give us those chances.

Thought the offense looked really good today and played a more complete game. Having Flanders in adds another dimension, basically the ability to use speed on interior runs. Then threw in the change ups with Harris running/catching. Also thought they were much more aggressive in the pass game, continually trying to stretch the defense out.

7 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

The holding calls that erased the TD were legit. On the last play for the D - they could have easily flagged Carmichael for PI. 

They called them against one team only. Ottawa did it all game. PI for a Ball 3 yards out of bounds would be pretty brutal even for those idiots

Edited by Goalie

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

They called them against one team only. Ottawa did it all game. PI for a Ball 3 yards out of bounds would be pretty brutal even for those idiots

It's pretty had to tell if an OL was holding or not, unless you see the replays or are at the game live. It's hard to know what Ottawa was doing, but the holding calls that erased the TD were the 'he's running past me so I'll grab his head' kind.