What does your dad do?...

Booch

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

Duron Carter mouthed off to Marcus Ball..... Basically saying he's a big deal because his dad was famous. When he beat Ball to a ball.... He says "What did YOUR dad do????!!!" 

We don't really know what was going on.

We don't know what Marcus Ball said to him do we?

I'm guessing on the field, Duron gets crapped on a lot about his hall of fame dad; You can be sure he gets needled in an effort to get him off his game. I suppose some people would ignore it, thats not him. so what.

If you see him in interviews off the field, he comes across as a  good guy.

Jackson Jeffcoat clearly handles it differently than Duron.

also.... Duron does not need to play in the CFL. There are other high profile Americans that have turned their nose up at the CFL after not making the NFL.

Lets give him some credit for that. And enjoy some of the remarkable things he does on the field.

Edited by Mark F

I like the way Carter can play football. I wish he'd play the way he did last night all the time. I couldn't care less if he mouths off, lots of players do that. He's an idiot, but so are lots of football players. I don't like the stupid penalties or the way he disappears for games at a time or the way he pouts when he doesn't get the ball. If he could fix those things, he'd be in the NFL.

Okay, okay, I have to back peddle a bit as I rethink my opinion on Duron Carter. This article in 3downnation has grabbed my attention and re-focused my thinking. 

Anybody who focuses their thoughts and kindness as Carter showed in this article is alright with me..(mostly)

Headline - Duron Carter gives ball from spectacular TD catch to young cancer survivor

http://3downnation.com/2017/07/30/duron-carter-gives-ball-spectacular-td-catch-young-cancer-survivor/

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎30 at 5:33 AM, Mark F said:

We don't really know what was going on.

We don't know what Marcus Ball said to him do we?

I'm guessing on the field, Duron gets crapped on a lot about his hall of fame dad; You can be sure he gets needled in an effort to get him off his game. I suppose some people would ignore it, thats not him. so what.

If you see him in interviews off the field, he comes across as a  good guy.

Jackson Jeffcoat clearly handles it differently than Duron.

also.... Duron does not need to play in the CFL. There are other high profile Americans that have turned their nose up at the CFL after not making the NFL.

Lets give him some credit for that. And enjoy some of the remarkable things he does on the field.

I don't like a lot of the stupid things he does. I give him a lot of leeway however on what is being said out there, he gets trash talked by everyone. I have no issue with him giving it back.

Edited by Ripper

19 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Okay, okay, I have to back peddle a bit as I rethink my opinion on Duron Carter. This article in 3downnation has grabbed my attention and re-focused my thinking. 

Anybody who focuses their thoughts and kindness as Carter showed in this article is alright with me..(mostly)

Headline - Duron Carter gives ball from spectacular TD catch to young cancer survivor

http://3downnation.com/2017/07/30/duron-carter-gives-ball-spectacular-td-catch-young-cancer-survivor/

Sorry to sound like a wet rag on this, but I ain't buying what Carter is selling. He could have went to her off-camera and without any fanfare and gave her the ball then. This is still all about Duron Carter. He's just polishing his ego and used this girl to do it. 

On 7/30/2017 at 1:01 AM, Noeller said:

Duron Carter mouthed off to Marcus Ball..... Basically saying he's a big deal because his dad was famous. When he beat Ball to a ball.... He says "What did YOUR dad do????!!!" 

I like how the two most easily disliked personalities in the league play for the most hated team in the league.

40 minutes ago, J5V said:

Sorry to sound like a wet rag on this, but I ain't buying what Carter is selling. He could have went to her off-camera and without any fanfare and gave her the ball then. This is still all about Duron Carter. He's just polishing his ego and used this girl to do it. 

I'd say I respectfully disagree, but I'm having a hard time respecting your comment. Read the article, Carter engaged with the fans before the game to show appreciation for their support of him, delivered the ball after his TD, and only because the mom requested it did he sign the ball and pose for a picture. This was not at all him looking for a photo op. The pictures were takem by the mom for her daughter and posted by the mom on her own social media account and it was picked up by 3downnation, hence the article. None of this was instigated by carter as a PR move, just a nice gesture to a young fan, whose cancer angle gets played up by the media in their feel good story. To suggest that he is burnishing his own ego by manipulating a cancer survivor is a pretty loathsome comment to make.

25 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I'd say I respectfully disagree, but I'm having a hard time respecting your comment. Read the article, Carter engaged with the fans before the game to show appreciation for their support of him, delivered the ball after his TD, and only because the mom requested it did he sign the ball and pose for a picture. This was not at all him looking for a photo op. The pictures were takem by the mom for her daughter and posted by the mom on her own social media account and it was picked up by 3downnation, hence the article. None of this was instigated by carter as a PR move, just a nice gesture to a young fan, whose cancer angle gets played up by the media in their feel good story. To suggest that he is burnishing his own ego by manipulating a cancer survivor is a pretty loathsome comment to make.

I still ain't buying it. Carter is a complete headcase. He cares about no one but himself.