41-40, (42-43), 33-25, 43-40 What's going on?

BigBlue

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Regarding the D, and some of the runs Montreal had, there were a ton of missed tackles that make it look bad. Get the initial tackles made and there's a lot less given up. 

that one by the fullback is going to give me (and hopefully some WBB players...) nightmares for a long time....

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

that one by the fullback is going to give me (and hopefully some WBB players...) nightmares for a long time....

Another example of trying to knock a guy down rather than wrap him up.  Loffler had him slowed down and was about to wrap up his legs when another Bomber defender (can't remember who it was but I think it was one of the LBs) came in shoulder first and just knocked him out of Loffler's grasp... if he had tried to wrap the fullback up, it would have been a gain of somewhere around 10 rather than whatever ridiculous number it ended up being (too lazy to look it up right now)

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

yea he trucked thru 2 decent tackle attempts.. not even arm tackles.. and then took off thru 2 other arm tackles.. 

i felt kind of sick watching that unfold.

Just now, tracker said:

When I watched that, I thought that would be the play that caved the Bomber defence in.

oh me too.. I felt the collective wind come out of the fan's sails at the game.   thought for sure it was mail it in time.

17 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

The problem in the first half was 8/12 passing. The defense in the bend and break defense tends to allow a lot of long drives that keeps our offense off the field. 

Its certainly a back and forth thing. Our D keeps the opposition offense on the field too long, Our o keeps our D on the field to long. 

After that first turn over and score, we went 2 and out twice to end the first quarter on offense. Scoring drive to answer montreal to start the 2nd, 3 plays and punt twice in a row, then 2 and out to end the first half. The two scoring drives started at the MTL 27. and at our 53 yard line. In the first half montreal had the turn over drive, and 1 2 and out. 

Its like a perfect $h1tstorm of poor coaching philosophies.  I shutter to think about what our field position metrics would look like. 

18 hours ago, Sard said:

Another example of trying to knock a guy down rather than wrap him up.  Loffler had him slowed down and was about to wrap up his legs when another Bomber defender (can't remember who it was but I think it was one of the LBs) came in shoulder first and just knocked him out of Loffler's grasp... if he had tried to wrap the fullback up, it would have been a gain of somewhere around 10 rather than whatever ridiculous number it ended up being (too lazy to look it up right now)

I thought Knox was guilty of that numerous times, he's a big powerful guy but he needs to use his arms more to tackle properly.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Its certainly a back and forth thing. Our D keeps the opposition offense on the field too long, Our o keeps our D on the field to long. 

After that first turn over and score, we went 2 and out twice to end the first quarter on offense. Scoring drive to answer montreal to start the 2nd, 3 plays and punt twice in a row, then 2 and out to end the first half. The two scoring drives started at the MTL 27. and at our 53 yard line. In the first half montreal had the turn over drive, and 1 2 and out. 

Its like a perfect $h1tstorm of poor coaching philosophies.  I shutter to think about what our field position metrics would look like. 

Or poor QB play making the wrong reads but sure... Lets ignore the players on the field cuz u got an agenda with coaching

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Or poor QB play making the wrong reads but sure... Lets ignore the players on the field cuz u got an agenda with coaching

Making the wrong reads? at a few points in the game i would say nichols made some poor decisions as to eating the ball, vs throwing it away but our offense is fast hit short pass quick reads etc. He hasnt been making the wrong reads, hes been holding the ball too long when pressured / getting rid of it too slowly, missing deep shots, and his location even on completions leaves wrs reaching vs smooth catch and runs. But even that comes and goes. In crunch time against mtl he was on point. 

Is it an agenda i have with coaching now? I thought it was with nichols? Or was it with willy i cant keep up with the labels. :rolleyes:

The point of the post was its not one facet of the team, and no one move fixes us. Mentioned nichols, coverage, injuries, coaching etc. You are fixated on the coaching portion how ever. This just seems to be your knee jerk reaction to any thing other then blind optimism. -_-

On 7/28/2017 at 9:23 AM, JuranBoldenRules said:

Plus Bradbury was yelling at him that the ball was gone so he basically gave the little shove under the scrutiny of the ref, which is quite dumb.

I was saying to my friend that penalty felt like an "idiot test" kind of penalty... there was absolutely no reason to shove the QB long after he threw the ball... that being said, I don't think it should have been a penalty, but I guess I understand the logic...

On 7/28/2017 at 10:33 AM, Booch said:

That or start rotating Corney in there to jam up the middle...he has more speed than Hurl and could cover sideline to sideline better and actually get to the QB from depth on blitzes...something Hurl just can't seem to do..always a half second too late....Corney would get there and not get lost in the wash at the line like Hurl does

I normally trust your opinion but this one seems confusing... are you suggesting we play Corney at MLB?... would that be only in a pass rushing capacity?... would that not tip off the offense to what's coming up?.... just wondering if you could expand on this thought...

not suggesting he start there, but maybe experiment in practice with it and see if he can do it, perhaps some snaps during a game, or even us him on the field with the other 2 defensive ends still in there and as like a quasi "Jack" position...coming from wherever, shadowing the R.B ...flowing to the ball, blitz from depth. He's athletic enough that he could be used in different roles and schemes