Ian Wild Out 6 Weeks

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Wild had a rough year last year. He missed a TON of tackles. Couple that with the fact that he cant stay healthy and he's an average linebacker at best. Steady, but never really stands out in a good way or influences the game with big tackles/plays. He's serviceable but i could see getting the same production out of knox and/or santos-knox.

Yes, Wild did miss tackles last year. That was surprising. But he was still there..in position. And you know who else missed a lot of tackles last year? Khalil Bass.

9 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Yes, Wild did miss tackles last year. That was surprising. But he was still there..in position. And you know who else missed a lot of tackles last year? Khalil Bass.

Yup. Hall put Bass in a position where he was a fish on a bicycle and then let him go because he didn't shine.

Looks like it's Kyle Knox.

Kyle Knox will move into his natural position Thursday night when he takes over for the injured Ian Wild at weak-side linebacker.

“Going through college and my experience with the NFL I’m familiar with the WIL position so I do feel a lot more comfortable there,” Knox said. “My original position is the WIL. Original position is the WIL. I feel very confident that with my skill set I’ll be able to help put us in a better position this game.”

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/07/11/knox-slides-into-weak-side-linebacker-role-with-ease

18 hours ago, Floyd said:

Richie Hall NEEDS a guy with closing speed and anticipation like Wild...  if Knox takes any time to adjust to the CFL game, Ray will make that side of the field pay - esp if Carmichael is given another shot 

:)

Just to clarify, how many Natls. have to be on the D side for each down right now?  They've got Hurl, Briggs, Loffler, Corney, Westerman, Thomas and Ekakitie to work with.  Last game I couldn't keep track but it looked like they were playing more than required on most downs after Wild's injury.

15 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Just to clarify, how many Natls. have to be on the D side for each down right now?  They've got Hurl, Briggs, Loffler, Corney, Westerman, Thomas and Ekakitie to work with.  Last game I couldn't keep track but it looked like they were playing more than required on most downs after Wild's injury.

Thats cause Wilds back up was Briggs.

Surprised to see so many Wild defenders. Our defense is really bad and the fact that his loss is something to crow about means things are worse than I thought.

Is Wild hot garbage? God no. But he's not good enough, something he shares in common with the rest of the D.

5 minutes ago, White Out said:

Surprised to see so many Wild defenders. Our defense is really bad and the fact that his loss is something to crow about means things are worse than I thought.

Is Wild hot garbage? God no. But he's not good enough, something he shares in common with the rest of the D.

Perhaps it's that you earlier claimed he "looked terrible" and now say he's merely not good enough. Seems like you are fond of hyperbole. I think Wild is average to good, not great and we are replacing him with someone better suited to MLB thus I see the injury as a bad thing. 

I also find it odd that you seem so against everything and everyone "mediocre" yet you have a deep affection for Matt Nichols. 

4 minutes ago, White Out said:

cool story bro. 

Wild is one of the better WILs in the league imo.  not sure where you are getting your stuff from but the guys a gamer and nowhere near as bad as you're trying to portray.

1 hour ago, White Out said:

What a clueless assertion. Are you actually trying to say not a single player on defense is good?

Westerman, Nevis, Leggett, Randle, Heath, Loffler... Six players off the top of my head that are all damn good.

Edited by blue_gold_84

Actually the defense hasn't been that bad.

We rank 1st in yds/game allowed rushing (an area we needed to shore up)

1st in interceptions and have played 1 less game and middle of road in sacks (again in one less game)

We last in yds/game allowed passing though, and in points allowed, though that is a bit scewed as we only played 2 games and if we have a decent outing tomorrow it will  bring us somewhere in the middle.

Some of the passing yards allowed and points against would most likely be better if Johnson was in, or as it seems anybody but Roc as well as 7 points were on a pic 6 too, so not the fault of the defense.  So after 2 games people shouldn't be alarmed on where things are at defensively until 5-6 games are played, then revisit.

The run defense is only going to get better I think once they get rolling, with  Loffler/Randle/Heath you can't do any better than that in the league and Alexander has been a real nice addition and Moe is probably the best SAM in the league...top 2 at worst

. Fix up that other HB spot and this defense will be dominant. It's just a matter of how our other 2 linebacker's pan out, and if we have a dominant d-line and a group of ball hawking DB's our linebackers don't need to be all-world...assignment sound, tough and smart will do just fine

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

. Fix up that other HB spot and this defense will be dominant. It's just a matter of how our other 2 linebacker's pan out, and if we have a dominant d-line and a group of ball hawking DB's our linebackers don't need to be all-world...assignment sound, tough and smart will do just fine

Not sure why they don't just switch Heath and Carmichael at the very least...  you would think Leggett and Randle would help him out on that side of the field

18 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Not sure why they don't just switch Heath and Carmichael at the very least...  you would think Leggett and Randle would help him out on that side of the field

That weak-side half spot tends to get the most action... I'd be really reluctant to put a rookie there, especially one that's already been lit up pretty bad.

Derek Taylor had a great tweet about the Bombers having that weak-side locked down.  So that's one positive at least.

Edited by Atomic

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

That weak-side half spot tends to get the most action... I'd be really reluctant to put a rookie there, especially one that's already been lit up pretty bad.

Derek Taylor had a great tweet about the Bombers having that weak-side locked down.  So that's one positive at least.

Makes sense.  Wondering if there'd be more help from Loffler and Randle there...  easiest answer is just to replace Carmichael in all honesty.

2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

You know, it's early in the year but I'm already white out of patience for some "fans" on this site.  A big thank you to Rich for the ignore function.  Now if we could only get it to ignore when said posters are quoted, nirvana would be achieved... 

tumblr_mslxo4YIjv1rdutw3o1_400.gif