Ian Wild Out 6 Weeks

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Personally, I think it's the system more than it's the personnel. I've never been sold on Richie Hall defenses.

I truly doubt that they are drawing up plays with Westerman taking an inside move as much as he is and leaving the edge completely exposed.  It's just selfish play, and to nobodies benefit because he's not getting to the QB at all.  The game is to collapse the pocket with the QB in it.  If you give the QB an entire side of the pocket open to escape it nullifies what Poop and Nevis can do.  The Bombers need Westerman to play disciplined, otherwise I expect we'll continue to see more of Corney.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I truly doubt that they are drawing up plays with Westerman taking an inside move as much as he is and leaving the edge completely exposed.  It's just selfish play, and to nobodies benefit because he's not getting to the QB at all.  The game is to collapse the pocket with the QB in it.  If you give the QB an entire side of the pocket open to escape it nullifies what Poop and Nevis can do.  The Bombers need Westerman to play disciplined, otherwise I expect we'll continue to see more of Corney.

Westerman's best performances were on the other side...  when Hall was essentially using Greg Peach for contain.  Maybe switching sides just doesn't fit with his play?  Like Hall is using Westerman in a passive role and Westerman is tired of it...

Jesus, I said no one on the defense was good? I think some folks are wanting to get into arguments on the interwebz and not actually discuss or debate issues. I said our D was bad. It is so far. It can improve but we've given up 40 and 29 points in 2 games. Not exactly a reason to celebrate and pop champagne that we've suddenly solved the defensive side of the game.

And that became "not a single player on D is good". Incredible.

3 hours ago, White Out said:

Jesus, I said no one on the defense was good? I think some folks are wanting to get into arguments on the interwebz and not actually discuss or debate issues. I said our D was bad. It is so far. It can improve but we've given up 40 and 29 points in 2 games. Not exactly a reason to celebrate and pop champagne that we've suddenly solved the defensive side of the game.

And that became "not a single player on D is good". Incredible.

Incredibly - they seem to headed in the right direction...

16 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

This is true. He had a better game last night, anyway. Defense as a whole played quite well last night.

32 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Let Wild heal up - take as long as he needs, IMO. Knox looked solid in his place last night. He's hungry to keep playing.

I tend to think this is the best course of action as well.. I mean its one game in but Knox didn't look out of place at all.. him getting more reps is not a bad thing imo.

23 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

4 tackles, 1 sack, 4 pressures. All in all, a good night for Westerman. He needs to string together a few more games like that.

I have no idea how they are tallying pressures live.  Our list seemed horribly inaccurate last night.  I believe they gave a couple of Jeffcoat's to Westerman.  Wonder if they will adjust as the statistician watches film.