Ian Wild Out 6 Weeks

20 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

What a clueless assertion. Are you actually trying to say not a single player on defense is good?

Westerman, Nevis, Leggett, Randle, Heath, Loffler... Six players off the top of my head that are all damn good.

dunno how long you've been here but.. this is basically his shtick

On 7/12/2017 at 11:13 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

What a clueless assertion. Are you actually trying to say not a single player on defense is good?

Westerman, Nevis, Leggett, Randle, Heath, Loffler... Six players off the top of my head that are all damn good.

I agree with you in the large, but man, I'm wondering about Westerman.  I can overlook the lack of sacks, those come and go in bunches ... but I think back to that Saskatchewan game, how Kevin Glenn repeatedly escaped contain.  When Kevin Glenn is extending plays with his feet like that, something's broken.  And I say that as someone who thinks a lot more of Glenn than most on this board.

4 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I agree with you in the large, but man, I'm wondering about Westerman.  I can overlook the lack of sacks, those come and go in bunches ... but I think back to that Saskatchewan game, how Kevin Glenn repeatedly escaped contain.  When Kevin Glenn is extending plays with his feet like that, something's broken.  And I say that as someone who thinks a lot more of Glenn than most on this board.

Personally, I think it's the system more than it's the personnel. I've never been sold on Richie Hall defenses.

6 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Westerman also single-handedly saved the game for the Bombers.

22 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Some of these people are not Bomber fans. They are **** disturbers.

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt... but I've also sat through mindless groupthink that declared only an idiot would sign Messam or justified one more year of Buck Pierce as a starter, ignoring Drew Willy's happy feet, etc etc...

Not too long ago that anyone complaining about Mike Kelly and then Joe Mack were labelled as 'negatrons' that were ruining everything...

Biggest problem on this forum are the braindead 'yeah what he said' posts.  Just like the post, that's enough.

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt... but I've also sat through mindless groupthink that declared only an idiot would sign Messam or justified one more year of Buck Pierce as a starter, ignoring Drew Willy's happy feet, etc etc...

Not too long ago that anyone complaining about Mike Kelly and then Joe Mack were labelled as 'negatrons' that were ruining everything...

Biggest problem on this forum are the braindead 'yeah what he said' posts.  Just like the post, that's enough.

^this

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

In fairness, that's only SPuDS... 

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

. but I've also sat through mindless groupthink that declared only an idiot would sign Messam or justified one more year of Buck Pierce as a starter, ignoring Drew Willy's happy feet, etc etc...

That's a different issue.

Some people come and post only negative things. that are nonsense. No good players on the Bombers defence?

What's the point of that?

1 minute ago, johnzo said:

yeah, you're right. that was a hell of a fingertip tackle.

Man my memory's bad, and I don't even have the gin to blame.

Doesn't mean your point was wrong.  I just wanted to add the other side of things.

As for you're memory... you're in Washington.  All that second-hand smoke is taking its toll.