Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

26 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Wow that's a pretty bold claim for a guy who really hasn't played that much

Its a pretty ridiculous claim. A long of 48 yards last year, with an average per catch of 13.4 yards. A career longest play of 55 yards and an average of 13.6 YPC. 41 games 12 tds etc

Gurley has 13.9 ypc long of 45 15 tds in 28 games.

Denmark last year 13.3 79 8tds in 10 games. plus adams last year. 4 different years dresslers longest has been 75+ yards. 

We also had guys like terrence edwards, and adarius bowman in 2009. 

Titus ryan who we traded romby for had 8 catches for 285 yards 35.6 ypc a long of 65 and 3 tds.

After 2009 we had bowman, edwards, greg carr, Id even take TJH as a down field threat over stafford. Not to mention chris mathews. Nick moore when healthy was head and shoulders better as a down field  threat. 

Edited by wbbfan

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Stafford is only an upgrade if he's replacing Kohlert.

If he regains his best form, and improves on it hes better then last years smith. Maybe better then smiths best year. And could replace gurley. Nothing on denmark, dressler, or adams. If we went all imp at wr replacing kohlert with one, and brought back all our wrs form last year stafford is on the out side looking in at the starting roster. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

No love or hope for JFG to have a breakout year?

Like his skill set but NI wr seems to be a black hole in our offense, idk why people even bother covering them. Would love to see him break out though. Guy plays hard and is huge late in games. 

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

@garylawless

does not sound like @Wpg_BlueBombers will be re-signing LB Khalil Bass #cfl @cfl

Darren Bauming speculating that the Bombers all-in on Kyle Knox starting this year...

That's disappointing. I really liked Bass and his story. I'm not down on Knox or anything, just a personal like of Bass.

I hope he eats up a ton cap space for someone else and gets a monster contract.

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

That's disappointing. I really liked Bass and his story. I'm not down on Knox or anything, just a personal like of Bass.

I hope he eats up a ton cap space for someone else and gets a monster contract.

Just a suggestion but maybe they could have made some playing time for Knox in that last game against the RB's if he is the future MLB.  They were wrong about Kuale, wrong about Hurl....crossing my fingers on this gamble.

24 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

Also, it sounds unlikely that there will be a family reunion here for the Westermen. 

Boooooooo......tho I've never been sold on Jabar, I just liked the idea of Westermen jerseys...

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Boooooooo......tho I've never been sold on Jabar, I just liked the idea of Westermen jerseys...

after the muamba thing im good with not having a pair of brothers for no reason other then brothers and NIs. theres a bunch of DL id rather have. 

Also id rather start corney then jabar. 

Edited by wbbfan

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Just a suggestion but maybe they could have made some playing time for Knox in that last game against the RB's if he is the future MLB.  They were wrong about Kuale, wrong about Hurl....crossing my fingers on this gamble.

So many people have been down on Wild as our MLB because of his size.

According to the roster, Wild and Know are virtually identical. For season reason I was under the impression that Knox was quite a bit bigger.

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 1:22 PM, wbbfan said:

Its a pretty ridiculous claim. A long of 48 yards last year, with an average per catch of 13.4 yards. A career longest play of 55 yards and an average of 13.6 YPC. 41 games 12 tds etc

Gurley has 13.9 ypc long of 45 15 tds in 28 games.

Denmark last year 13.3 79 8tds in 10 games. plus adams last year. 4 different years dresslers longest has been 75+ yards. 

We also had guys like terrence edwards, and adarius bowman in 2009. 

Titus ryan who we traded romby for had 8 catches for 285 yards 35.6 ypc a long of 65 and 3 tds.

After 2009 we had bowman, edwards, greg carr, Id even take TJH as a down field threat over stafford. Not to mention chris mathews. Nick moore when healthy was head and shoulders better as a down field  threat. 

You are going to eat those words wbbfan.