Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

which is why you are losing sight of the argument at hand. We're not talking specifically about success here, we're talking about doing things right which is part of the process of getting to success. Which is why the "if you're not first you're last" mentality that some here are displaying is bullshit.

What's bullshit is you and Noeller putting words in my mouth so one more time I will state it again and see if you get it right.

For the majority of the past 25 years we have not been doing things right. How you guys got Grey Cup or nothing out of that statement is beyond me

The only person you are arguing with is the context you guys have added to an otherwise completely accurate statement.

Edited by gcn11

On Friday, January 27, 2017 at 2:31 PM, wbbfan said:

you mean the era that gave us the likes of blink, milt, doug brown etc? We should have won 2 grey cups easily in that time. Over the last 25 years weve had teams with among the best offenses and defenses in that era. Other teams have won cups in the last 25 years but seen much worse decision making. 

For the majority (that doesn't mean all) of the past 25 years our organization and team has underperformed. There can be no denying that.

1 minute ago, gcn11 said:

For the majority (that doesn't mean all) of the past 25 years our organization and team has underperformed. There can be no denying that.

that means more then not. We have gone into seasons with bad teams. A bad team that continues to be bad is not under performing. A good or great team having a good or great season that doesnt win the cup isnt either. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

that means more then not. We have gone into seasons with bad teams. A bad team that continues to be bad is not under performing. A good or great team having a good or great season that doesnt win the cup isnt either. 

A bad team that enters the next season also being bad is the very definition of underperforming as an organization. 

Edited by gcn11

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

which is why you are losing sight of the argument at hand. We're not talking specifically about success here, we're talking about doing things right which is part of the process of getting to success. Which is why the "if you're not first you're last" mentality that some here are displaying is bullshit.

Talking about black and white. I never said it's GC or nothing. In fact, I said we had a successful team years before we finally won the cup in '84. 

You're trying to call 'doing things the way you think they should be done' success when the measurable's like the teams record or playoff wins tell a totally different story.

14 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Jake Thomas Butcher and Corney I think can take up the reps on the DL to keep it 2 Canadians there.

Corney plays end while Shologan was DT.  Jake the Snake and the Butcher can pick up the slack I guess, plus whatever DT Kyle drafts this year.  Any good ones available in the first round?  I have to admit I haven't checked the latest scouting reports.

EDIT:

Montreal’s Justin Senior from Mississippi State comes in as the number one ranked prospect. Senior has been a mainstay on the Bulldogs’ offensive line. The 6-foot-5, 310-pound lineman has appeared in 38 games and has started in 28, including both games so far this season. During his career in the Southeast Conference he has been named to the Academic Honour Roll for three consecutive years.

Ranked second, the highest-ranked CIS player is defensive lineman Kwaku Boateng from Laurier, who is also the highest-ranked defensive player on the list. In his first two games this season, the Milton, Ont. native has racked up eight tackles including three sacks during Laurier’s 2-0 start.

Looks like the second ranked guy on the list is a d-lineman.  Not sure if he plays end or DT.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

Going back to 3 NI OL would open up other options elsewhere.  Especially with Loffler now established at safety.

Yeah and Jeff Perrett is on the market so maybe that has become a realistic option?  I don't know.  I guess this is the time of year when big money guys start getting released.

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Corney plays end while Shologan was DT.  Jake the Snake and the Butcher can pick up the slack I guess, plus whatever DT Kyle drafts this year.  Any good ones available in the first round?  I have to admit I haven't checked the latest scouting reports.

I was thinking they may be targeting one in the draft... there's 3 d-lineman ranked in the top ten: Eli Ankou (DT #3), Kwaku Boateng (DE #6) and Junior Luke (DT #9)... perhaps they see one of these guys as a potential roational player from day one....

43 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

EDIT:

Looks like the second ranked guy on the list is a d-lineman.  Not sure if he plays end or DT.

I get that Corney plays DE but they rotate guys in and out for different sets. 

42 minutes ago, Mike said:

Way too early to start planning for how you can fill needs through the draft.

There's still an entire season of prospect showcases before the draft picture is clear.

I agree it's too early for us to preview the draft... but I'd be surprised if Kyle didn't have a pretty good grasp of this year's class already...