Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

1 hour ago, Dirty30 said:

I thought he signed two yr agreement, but negotiated an out if an NFL opportunity presented this offseason. If he doesn't sign an NFL contract he remains bomber property through 2017 season. Not 100% sure, but that's what I thought the agreement was

Pretty sure this is right... 

*EDIT*

Darren Cameron just told me that Gurley is officially a Free Agent....

Edited by Noeller

My understanding was last year was a one year deal, with a contract for 2017 negotiated and sitting in Walters' drawer if the NFL didn't happen.

Doesn't sound like anything was ever signed, just that both parties had agreed on term and amount.  I guess one/both could walk away from it without any difficulty. 

43 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

does this mean it's Waggoner time?

I'd love to see if he's ready to step in full time, in some capacity, but we still need someone to play MACK.....I love Ian Wild, but it's not  him. Not sure who we have on the roster that really fills the spot properly.

33 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'd love to see if he's ready to step in full time, in some capacity, but we still need someone to play MACK.....I love Ian Wild, but it's not  him. Not sure who we have on the roster that really fills the spot properly.

I know some people have defended waggoner based on his ST play, but it would be nice to see him get a little more looks on D considering what we gave up to get him. At some point him and Addison Richards need to show something, or at least show more

5 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

does this mean it's Waggoner time?

What has given anybody the idea that this guy is going to be a starter? He isn't.

I was ripped to shreds last off season for saying that he isn't good enough to play regularly on D, and he still isn't.

Edited by Blueandgold

22 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

What has given anybody the idea that this guy is going to be a starter? He isn't.

I was ripped to shreds last off season for saying that he isn't good enough to play regularly on D, and he still isn't.

it was a tongue in cheek comment because there was a lot of debate last year on what expectations should be.  it's going into year 3 now for Waggoner and he was usually listed behind bass on the depth chart so just wondering if we see a little more of him on D this year

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

No reason to think Waggoner couldn't get reps at LB this year.... 

For the lack of production we saw for long periods of time from lbs not named mo, and our struggles up the middle he should have got some reps last year. He was excellent on teams again last year.

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Not in the middle.  Knox may be the guy, we'll see.

He could play in the middle. We played burnett there at times. 

7 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I know some people have defended waggoner based on his ST play, but it would be nice to see him get a little more looks on D considering what we gave up to get him. At some point him and Addison Richards need to show something, or at least show more

0 comparison between richards and waggoner. Hes in a group of under used / poorly used guys. Hes done as much as you could ask in the time and role hes been given. 

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

I only want to see this if there's a real backup plan... like Corey Greenwood or someone like that

Hes a NI, and athletic but thats about all he has goin for him. I think hes in jesse lumsden territory. We tend to carry a ton of Lbers on the roster, And i hope to see a huge amount in camp this year. Lbs/des we need some hungry guys to push for jobs. 

11 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Pretty average numbers in college.  Tough for a guy like that to get a real opportunity.

seems like he saw limited reps. in 51 games (88 receptions)  I can't find any scouting reports on him but his numbers at the pro day were;

40 yard dash:  4.61                          225lbs bench reps:   19

20 yard dash:  2.61                         vert jump:  34  1/2

10 yard dash:  1.53                         broad jump: 10' 02"

20 yard shuttle: 4.26                       3 cone:    7.09

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=120287&draftyear=2016&genpos=WR

wish there was some report on his hands

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

seems like he saw limited reps. in 51 games (88 receptions)  I can't find any scouting reports on him but his numbers at the pro day were;

40 yard dash:  4.61                          225lbs bench reps:   19

20 yard dash:  2.61                         vert jump:  34  1/2

10 yard dash:  1.53                         broad jump: 10' 02"

20 yard shuttle: 4.26                       3 cone:    7.09

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=120287&draftyear=2016&genpos=WR

wish there was some report on his hands

saw a fastest 40 of like mid 4.5s but yeah. Allegedly he had a bad ankle during his pro day. Looks like TCF. BUT he did get a decent look from the lions despite his numbers, testing etc.  I prefer this type of TCF to re hashed clapped out cfl vets who are long in the tooth.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Big guy... How come he's not in the NFL? 

6'3 200 really isnt rare size at WR. What was it, law? the wr we signed late last year like 6'6 with 4.4 speed, was young and still fell through the cracks there and here rather quickly. He might still be signed and back for TC or he could be gone and pretty much gone from levels above the AFL.