Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Corney plays end while Shologan was DT.  Jake the Snake and the Butcher can pick up the slack I guess, plus whatever DT Kyle drafts this year.  Any good ones available in the first round?  I have to admit I haven't checked the latest scouting reports.

EDIT:

Looks like the second ranked guy on the list is a d-lineman.  Not sure if he plays end or DT.

He does, but jake and corney can rotate with 2 imps. 

Says he is 310 lbs im guessing thats not an end :P  I think hes one of the guys that will get a lot of attention down south. actually according to every thing i see hes an OL.

http://www.hailstate.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2243

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

He does, but jake and corney can rotate with 2 imps. 

Says he is 310 lbs im guessing thats not an end :P  I think hes one of the guys that will get a lot of attention down south. actually according to every thing i see hes an OL.

http://www.hailstate.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2243

Who are you referring to?  Justin Senior is definitely an OL, but he's also ranked #1 by CFL scouting.  The #2 guy in September was Kwaku Boateng and he is most certainly a defensive end.

The latest rankings have Boateng down to #6 but at #3 is DT Eli Ankou.  He will have NFL interest.

Edited by Atomic

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Who are you referring to?  Justin Senior is definitely an OL, but he's also ranked #1 by CFL scouting.  The #2 guy in September was Kwaku Boateng and he is most certainly a defensive end.

The latest rankings have Boateng down to #6 but at #3 is DT Eli Ankou.  He will have NFL interest.

the quote KBF had in his post is what i was referencing. It was saying senior was no2 and a dl.

my big question is what are we doing to replace those who are seeking or have sought employment down south...apparently there are at least 3 that are being given serious consideration with at least 1 or 2 of them being signed south of the border...in addition we have lost one of our DTs to our eastern opponents. Hopefully there are answers to be disclosed shortly

2 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

my big question is what are we doing to replace those who are seeking or have sought employment down south...apparently there are at least 3 that are being given serious consideration with at least 1 or 2 of them being signed south of the border...in addition we have lost one of our DTs to our eastern opponents. Hopefully there are answers to be disclosed shortly

Not every player is going to make it.

8 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Same way players are always replaced.  US scouting and CFL free agency.  The holes are from guys like Tony Burnett and Quincy McDuffie who didn't play prominent roles in the first place.  As for Shologan's replacement, fan speculation says we'll go after Jabar Westerman but we could easily just use an American in that spot and find a Canadian to play elsewhere.