Buck Pierce traded for Akeem Foster

yogi

Why do people want to trade Watson he's a good player. Poblah can go and same for Edwards if he has any value

Seriously, who do you think we could get for Poblah or Edwards? 

I love reading the trade proposals here where we trade rowboats for battleships.

And who did you think we could get for Buck freaking Pierce???

sad to see buck go... glad to see what we got for him...

curious tho about the reasoning... gotta be a slight to all tge elliot fan club tho eh? elliot cut and wally trades for buck to take his spot?

must sting..

why would it sting? We already saw one GM get fired cause he picked Pierce over Elliott, Wally wants to put Buck on his roster that's his decision, doesn't mean it's a smart one. 

Disappointed in all the glee here. Buck wore his heart and on his sleeve and would go to war if need be for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. He deserves some respect and gratitude.

Having said that the trade had to happen. As long as buck was here the other guys would be looking over their shoulders. Great move by Walters.

I wonder about the timeline though. The "undisclosed" injury, Elliott being released last week. Etc

So what's Foster's story....

Wait, I thought you were included in that trade.

It's hardly relevant to the trade today that we got Buck as a FA five years ago. What makes it so sweet is that I think most of us would have dumped Buck for free and the fact that he had any trade value whatsoever is astounding to say the least.

Well this is it. This is it exactly.

We...got something...for..Buck?

Wally? What the hell just happened here?

Why do people want to trade Watson he's a good player. Poblah can go and same for Edwards if he has any value

Seriously, who do you think we could get for Poblah or Edwards? 

I love reading the trade proposals here where we trade rowboats for battleships.

If you had told me yesterday that we could get Akeem Foster for Buck, I'd have said you were nuts.  Now I think anything is possible. Poblah for Bourke! Kohlert for Cornish!  Morley for Fantuz!  Walters you da man!

People are speculating this is the precursor to a trade for an o linemen. Could it really be a set up for a QB?

maybe both? I mean, we just got a pretty solid canuck reciever for buck.. that was more then I honestly think we would get for him and ive always felt he was our option at qb.. wonder if walters has any more magic up his sleeve..

If you had told me yesterday that we could get Akeem Foster for Buck, I'd have said you were nuts.  Now I think anything is possible. Poblah for Bourke! Kohlert for Cornish!  Morley for Fantuz!  Walters you da man!

Reading Lionbackers the idea was that Akeem Foster wasn't going to be protected in the expansion draft -- he was their #4 NIMP receiver -- so he could be had for less than market value.  It is a strange time right now in the CFL with teams positioning themselves for the Redblack draft, we might see more weird trades.

Poblah, I think, is worth nothing even in these strange times.

The Lionbackers are strangely positive about getting Pierce back.  They have fond memories of him from back when he was good.

Wouldn't it be something if Pierce went back to BC and lit it up?  But with that screen door OL of theirs I'm guessing he'll just be turf pizza, if he even sees the field.  Good luck to him anyway.

Can't fault Buck for a crappy Oline, crappy play calling and dropsies by the receivers. He was always positive and I assume brought a lot to the community. It is a good decision for the Blue to trade him vs his out right release, but to dump on the guy because he was getting hammered on almost every play is just sad. Maybe we should be trading all our running backs as well. They rarely get 100 yard games, so dump the bums. Oh wait, the Oline hasn't opened a hole big enough for a fart to get through, but that's ok, it's the QBs fault and the running backs fault.

Put the blame where the blame belongs.

And...Flame away!

Can't fault Buck for a crappy Oline, crappy play calling and dropsies by the receivers. He was always positive and I assume brought a lot to the community. It is a good decision for the Blue to trade him vs his out right release, but to dump on the guy because he was getting hammered on almost every play is just sad. Maybe we should be trading all our running backs as well. They rarely get 100 yard games, so dump the bums. Oh wait, the Oline hasn't opened a hole big enough for a fart to get through, but that's ok, it's the QBs fault and the running backs fault.

Put the blame where the blame belongs.

And...Flame away!

I'm not ragging on Buck for any of that.

I'm ragging on him because despite all of that, he was still a shitty QB.