Former Als Player Goes Off On Alouettes Gong Show

Noeller

I was sure that AC was going to be the HC next year.  Totally fits the Als' mode of making moves that are more splashy than sensible.

And those good Als teams were way more than just Calvillo.  Sure, he made the whole thing go but they were stacked at every position, especially during the Trestman years.

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Expect Brock Sunderland, the RedBlacks assistant GM who once worked in the Als front office, to be a front runner for Montreal's #CFL GM job

2s
  •  
  •  
  •  

The front runner out of the gate to replace Jim Popp in Montreal will be Danny Maciocia. Checks all the boxes for the Wetenhall family. #CFL

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The front runner out of the gate to replace Jim Popp in Montreal will be Danny Maciocia. Checks all the boxes for the Wetenhall family. #CFL

Maciocia? That's a guy that can really screw up a club. But if he's good at checking boxes..

what do I know.

44 minutes ago, bearpants said:

So Madani is reporting that both Macoicia and Sunderland are front-runners?... I get that they can both be candidates but technically there can only be one front runner...

You can have only one front runner, but you can have multiple front runners. If two guys are neck and neck and running way out in front of the pack, they are frontrunners.

Edited by gcn11

58 minutes ago, bearpants said:

So Madani is reporting that both Macoicia and Sunderland are front-runners?... I get that they can both be candidates but technically there can only be one front runner...

I was extremely confused as well.....

Does anyone know what Popp said to the players that apparently pissed them all off earlier in the season?  Westwood alluded to it on the radio this morning.

Popp really should of hired someone else to coach this season and focused on being the GM....  it would of saved his job.