Winnipeg Blue Bombers Fans Choice Awards

Noeller

Medlock, Leggett, Loffler, Loffler, Bond, Medlock

They've got Mayo listed to fill out the rookie category ... he only played five games, but he was just shy of a 1000-yard pace, with 277 yards in those games.  Was always impressed with him when he was in, hope he sticks around.

Edited by johnzo

MOP - Nichols..... started winning when they went to him.

Defense - Leggett... so many big plays, probably should be most outstanding player.

Canadian - Harris, runner up MOP

Lineman - Bond

Rookie - Loftier.... whole defensive team started hitting when he went in........ Fogg 

ST'er - Medlock... co runner up mop.

It's very hard to pick a MOP cause so many different players made crucial plays to win games. and Medlock clearly is most of the offence. Maybe he should be most outstanding offensive player.

But the team was going nowhere and then started winning with Nichols, so I give MOP to him.

Edited by Mark F

After seeing these picks I feel like I need to make a case for Fogg as rookie of the year.  Don't get me wrong, I think Loffler is amazing, and the fact that he's Canadian is just awesome.

But I would argue that Fogg has been as much as, or more of an impact on D, than Loffler.  He's playing boundary halfback as a rookie, which is already impressive, but he's also had 4 picks and 2 forced fumbles, many coming at big, big times in games.  He's been picked on a bit by opposing offences, no argument from me there, but he's won the battle more often than not.

And how about leading the LEAGUE in punt return average as a rookie?  Never mind the 4 TDs that may have been, but weren't... this guy is dangerous every time he touches the ball on special teams.

This particular award is not about Canadian vs American.  I asked myself, would I vote for Loffler over Fogg is he was American?  The answer was no, so I took Kevin Fogg.  I repeat this is not to take anything away from Loffler because he has been a critical part of the team's turnaround.  Kevin Fogg has just been more outstanding.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

After seeing these picks I feel like I need to make a case for Fogg as rookie of the year.  Don't get me wrong, I think Loffler is amazing, and the fact that he's Canadian is just awesome.

But I would argue that Fogg has been as much as, or more of an impact on D, than Loffler.  He's playing boundary halfback as a rookie, which is already impressive, but he's also had 4 picks and 2 forced fumbles, many coming at big, big times in games.  He's been picked on a bit by opposing offences, no argument from me there, but he's won the battle more often than not.

And how about leading the LEAGUE in punt return average as a rookie?  Never mind the 4 TDs that may have been, but weren't... this guy is dangerous every time he touches the ball on special teams.

This particular award is not about Canadian vs American.  I asked myself, would I vote for Loffler over Fogg is he was American?  The answer was no, so I took Kevin Fogg.  I repeat this is not to take anything away from Loffler because he has been a critical part of the team's turnaround.  Kevin Fogg has just been more outstanding.

To me you can't take their passports away when deciding who you vote for because of the way the CFL works. 

A game breaking national is always worth more than an equivalent or even slightly better international. 

1 hour ago, Rich said:

To me you can't take their passports away when deciding who you vote for because of the way the CFL works. 

A game breaking national is always worth more than an equivalent or even slightly better international. 

Imo, the passport only matters for the MOC award. Also, it's "outstanding", not "valuable", so their big picture value shouldn't matter.

8 hours ago, Atomic said:

the penalties on td returns are whats killing him. I dont remember any of them being pivotal in the return either.

MOP/MOSTer medlock. With out him we arent even .500 imop. 

MODP Mo. The D has been turn over monsters. Mo has led the way, but hes also had clutch tackles, and been very good between turn overs for 6.

MOC harris. Great blocker, great pass catcher, great runner. Despite getting far to few touches in several games, being forgotten about in the pass game for many weeks in the middle of the season, and having a brutal OL early in the year. 

MOL, bond. Hes been the best and key to our OLs turn around. 

MOR. Its soo hard to choose between the two. But im going with fogg including the amazing returns and tons of turn overs.