October 12 Practise

Slingin Sammy

Notables
- Wild not practising
- Sherman back practising and likely back on roster this week
- Legget not practising but did do some positional drills...I would be surprised if he didn't play this week
- Posey practising at SAM in place of Leggett; but did not take part in any ST's which signals he may be odd man out if Moe can go...
- Jones came in on "dime" situations...again, this coupled with no ST reps for Posey and Sherman likely coming back leads me to think Posey or Leggett scratch for this game.
- Knox and Heath seemed to switch numbers for practise. 
- Knox, Flanders and McDuffie all taking ST's reps..they're the likely DI's (other than Medlock)
- McDuffie all kick return reps
- Gurley all 1st team reps at X receiver
- B. Johnson practising with 2nd team; made a nice pic off of Nichols. 
- Nichols very efficient in red zone with the exception of the pic, (under-throw on corner route)
- Davis is still 2nd option at QB
- as has been the case for most of the last full days of practise during a week that I've observed, (after stretching) team starts with positional drills, red zone 0 and D and ST's

Here's how they lined up

DB's
(Field)Frederick Fogg - Loffler - (Boundary) Heath Randle (Jones in for dime package)

LB's
Burnett Bass Posey (SAM)

DLine
Westerman Shologan Cummings Cole (Thomas and Corney rotating)

OLine (unchanged)
Bryant Bond Goosen Chungh Hardrick

Receivers
Gurley Dressler Smith Denmark Kohlert

RB's
Harris (Flanders DI)

Edited by Slingin Sammy

25 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

interesting. is this the game that we will see Richards dropped from the 44 (or 46) in favor of STers Warden / Sherman?

It depends on what they want to do with Wild..ie keep him on 46 or take him off and insert Sherman.  I couldn't make out if Warden was getting ST reps...they could swap Warden out with Sherman as well...seems like a waste to do so as Wild doesn't appear anywhere near able to take the field.

UPDATE

11mDarrin Bauming‏ @DarrinBauming

Moe Leggett (lower-body) and Ian Wild (upper-body) did not practice today and both remain questionable to play Friday. Justin Warden is out.

Edited by Slingin Sammy

The fans would go wild IF they put the kibosh on Wild...Although his injury right now is taking the glow off of his stellar play at the beginning of the year (see tackling machine)...I just can't see us parting ways with Ian...If we did the green guys next door would pick him up in a flash.....no way.

I'm a big Ian Wild fan but the reality is, we're going to have to lose a few guys this offseason unless Walters is an absolute magician. We can't keep this team together as you see it, not with guys needing to be paid. We've got Nichols, Chungh, Cummings, Wild, Burnett, possibly a guy like Hardrick if he signed a one year show-me deal, Randle, Darvin and the list goes on. Where do you gain some money? From the spots you can promote depth and bid farewell to the entrenched money-maker.

Ian Wild is a great football player. But I think with Burnett waiting in the wings, Wild may be expendable.

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm a big Ian Wild fan but the reality is, we're going to have to lose a few guys this offseason unless Walters is an absolute magician. We can't keep this team together as you see it, not with guys needing to be paid. We've got Nichols, Chungh, Cummings, Wild, Burnett, possibly a guy like Hardrick if he signed a one year show-me deal, Randle, Darvin and the list goes on. Where do you gain some money? From the spots you can promote depth and bid farewell to the entrenched money-maker.

Ian Wild is a great football player. But I think with Burnett waiting in the wings, Wild may be expendable.

I can see several vets being let go next year but don't think Wild will be one of them.

14 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Thanks very much SS.

'Davis is still 2nd option at QB'

I'm somewhat surprised by this. Wouldn't Glenn be our better option 2 at this stage of the season?

I think Glenn is absolutely our better option...but he's at vet that doesn't need 2nd string reps...I think this is part of their plan to develop Davis...as the 2nd option, he gets considerably more practice reps than Glenn...in all the years I've gone to practices and through many regimes...there seems to be some constants...one of them is that 3rd string QB's don't get a lot of meaningful reps during practice....

Edited by Slingin Sammy