Jersey Advice (Or: Streaks, Rallies, and Superstitions...)

Noeller

Preface: I have played competitive sports my whole life and am extremely superstitious. Don't mention the SO when there's a bagel up after 2 periods......don't go anywhere near the pitcher in the dugout when the no-no's going after the 7th..........backwards or inside out hats (or gloves) on the head at all times during a rally.....

......and, when the Bombers win, you HAVE TO wear the same jersey (and whatever else...) the following week, to maintain the good mojo.

So, throughout the big win streak, I wore the same 2004-ish (first year of Reebok) royal blue blank jersey. I never washed it...nothing. I just hung it up after each game. Then, after Calgary loss, I thought "Ehhh that was a bit of a fluke...I'll keep wearing it...." and they get pounded by Reilly and the Esks. Soooooo........do I go to another jersey? Do I just wash the "lucky" one to try and bring the good mojo back??

These are serious and important questions people........what to do for Saturday............?  I have about a dozen to choose from....Brown, Armstrong, Dunigan, Joe Pop...many many......

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Preface: I have played competitive sports my whole life and am extremely superstitious. Don't mention the SO when there's a bagel up after 2 periods......don't go anywhere near the pitcher in the dugout when the no-no's going after the 7th..........backwards or inside out hats (or gloves) on the head at all times during a rally.....

......and, when the Bombers win, you HAVE TO wear the same jersey (and whatever else...) the following week, to maintain the good mojo.

So, throughout the big win streak, I wore the same 2004-ish (first year of Reebok) royal blue blank jersey. I never washed it...nothing. I just hung it up after each game. Then, after Calgary loss, I thought "Ehhh that was a bit of a fluke...I'll keep wearing it...." and they get pounded by Reilly and the Esks. Soooooo........do I go to another jersey? Do I just wash the "lucky" one to try and bring the good mojo back??

These are serious and important questions people........what to do for Saturday............?  I have about a dozen to choose from....Brown, Armstrong, Dunigan, Joe Pop...many many......

Ha...I thought I was the only one doing this. I bought a new Jersey this year because obviously the others weren't working and I liked the new unis. They gave me a free Westerman 55 T-shirt with the order that I thought turned out to be a lucky charm. I wore it first watching the first Hamilton game that we won, then didn't wear it again until the second edmonton game. (was away at cottage and didn't want to take jersey).  Wow...big win.

After that I thought I better keep wearing sometimes underneath jersey....through the next 7 games. After Calgary I stopped wearing it.

Same problem...what to do?

46 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I kind of blame Oshea for not shaving off his win streak beard and starting anew 

I said that while I was watching the Edmonton game! The guy should know that if he is wearing a streaking beard it's gotta go when the streak ends. 

Another thing: I'm really big on wearing a t-shirt under jerseys ALWAYS, and my go-to this season has been my MorningBigBlue.com tshirt.......thinking about maybe switching that up to a jersey tee....have a Milt and a Walby that might come into play this weekend...

17 minutes ago, Rich said:

How do you guys know your jerseys are no longer lucky?   Maybe it was someone else who stopped wearing their jersey, and they are to blame.

Never ever wash your jerseys again....

Whenever threads (ha!) like this come up I'm reminded normal people wash their jerseys.

I should get on that one of these years...

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Another thing: I'm really big on wearing a t-shirt under jerseys ALWAYS, and my go-to this season has been my MorningBigBlue.com tshirt.......thinking about maybe switching that up to a jersey tee....have a Milt and a Walby that might come into play this weekend...

How does one go about getting one of those tees? Post of the Month award or something? 

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

How does one go about getting one of those tees? Post of the Month award or something? 

We were selling them at one point, but there wasn't really a demand for them.   I think Noeller was one of the few who actually paid for one, others we gave away with contests.

I might still have some kicking around somewhere.

My favourite superstition is not to repeat anything I've done before because a repeated act is superstitious.

tradition, however is separate from superstition. Traditionally, I love to annoyingly scream extremely vulgar obscenities at the other team, live or on tv. 

Not washing is a good thing. Washing away pheromones doesn't help.....relationships. If I like it stinky, theory is they must like it stinky too. 

2 hours ago, Rich said:

We were selling them at one point, but there wasn't really a demand for them.   I think Noeller was one of the few who actually paid for one, others we gave away with contests.

I might still have some kicking around somewhere.

I'm in!