Banjo Bowl

IC Khari

9 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Next week. Not this week.  But you are right, he isn't scoring td's and it will haunt you guys soon

eh. to blame him is quite unfair. its not his fault that there was 2 dropped TD's thrown in the last game. or harris not being able to stay in bounds. the fact were winning without producing in the end zone, to me, just means once those mistakes by the receivers are cleaned up this team will be much better for it.

this isnt like when willy was the qb and he just couldnt find players. 

1 minute ago, White Out said:

eh. to blame him is quite unfair. its not his fault that there was 2 dropped TD's thrown in the last game. or harris not being able to stay in bounds. the fact were winning without producing in the end zone, to me, just means once those mistakes by the receivers are cleaned up this team will be much better for it.

this isnt like when willy was the qb and he just couldnt find players. 

Totally agree. I've said it before, if your offense ever clicks you guys are going to be no fun to play against.

6 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Maybe a little off topic and it's probably been discussed before, but.... Does anybody else really dislike the Banjo Bowl moniker this game has been saddled with?

It's a stupid name but I like mocking the Rider fans and it gives it a sense of tradition more so than calling it the "LDC rematch"

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Until he scoops him up after his first contract is over....

....well in that case Wally better get his wallet out...He's known to be frugal bordering on cheap...I say he stays here when Walters gives him a nice contract...When players build a comradery it will most likely take big bucks to sway him to sign with another club...Wally and big bucks don't equate...

On 07/09/2016 at 0:57 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

During pre-game the B'Nai Brith should hold a small ceremony and present Khalif Mitchell with an honorary Torah, yarmulke and flag of Israel.  What a turd that Mitchell is.  It's sad testament as to how low the Riders have fallen.  Mitchell shouldn't see a field in professional sports anywhere ever again.

http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/americas/1.740410

I am more worried about the potential danger to BB players from his history of reckless and dangerous play. His crazy political views should be kept to himself but I am sure there are plenty of crazy views by players that you wouldn't agree with who just keep quiet. 

14 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Maybe a little off topic and it's probably been discussed before, but.... Does anybody else really dislike the Banjo Bowl moniker this game has been saddled with?

No problem with the name. Not our fault Westwood did not realise those guys did not know how to play it but using it to mix the home brew mash

28 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I hope you aren't upset because of the mocking.  Like all good mocking it works because it is ridiculous. Saskatchewan and Manitoba are more similar than any other two provinces this side of Quebec. Lot's of agriculture in our economies although I do envy SK having more natural resources not to mention their per capita GDP  blows ours out of the water. We can yell louder though.  

36 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

I hope you aren't upset because of the mocking.  Like all good mocking it works because it is ridiculous. Saskatchewan and Manitoba are more similar than any other two provinces this side of Quebec. Lot's of agriculture in our economies although I do envy SK having more natural resources not to mention their per capita GDP  blows ours out of the water. We can yell louder though.  

This is why the name doesn't bother most Rider fans. We all some crazy friends from Manitoba, we know the truth about how it is there. Redneck country south of Brandon, lots of great people down that way.  Years back in Banjo Bowl after a sack, Scott Schultz was strumming the air banjo while Nate Davis danced, hilarious. Its a good marketing idea

42 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

hey hey hold it just one banjo pickin' minute. You got into the gin early? There might be something we have in common with them but that was an accident.... the border.  Everything else is a figment of one's imagination. 

6 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

anyone who has spent any time in Carlyle and Estevan (and even smaller towns in that area) can testify to the fact there are some pretty serious f'ed up people living in that area of Saskatchewan.  Banjo-picking inbreds sums them up pretty well.

And with IQ's not easily divisible by 2.

2 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

We certainly can be louder and it doesn't hurt to know we've got something going on here...unlike saskabush...As far as natural resources go OUR north has barely been touched as far as extraction goes..We have stuff up there that I'm sure any province would be envious of...and too boot we have a deep sea port...Don't see anything resembling that in Sask....But yes we do have a lot in common except in the football standings..heh heh..