Banjo Bowl

IC Khari

Just had lunch with a guy here in Kelowna who used to be Loffler's football coach in high school.  TL played QB, defence and returned punts.  He never left the field. Amazing athlete. He said he couldn't believe Winnipeg got him in the 3rd round.  He said BC should have grabbed him.  Anyway, he said Loffler is going to be our safety for quite a long time, as long as we can keep him anyway!  I hope he's right. 

Edited by kelownabomberfan

11 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Just had lunch with a guy here in Kelowna who used to be Loffler's football coach in high school.  TL played QB, defence and returned punts.  He never left the field. Amazing athlete. He said he couldn't believe Winnipeg got him in the 3rd round.  He said BC should have grabbed him.  Anyway, he said Loffler is going to be our safety for quite a long time, as long as we can keep him anyway!  I hope he's right. 

Someone correct me here but was there not a injury concern with Loffler when he was draft eligible? Nonetheless he has been nothing short than great since he has started playing. Rookie of the year candidate maybe depending on the rest of the season goes.

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

I was at the ridiculously late game and couldn't get over how loud 17k+ sounded....can't wait to hear what double that is going to sound like...

Now you've confused the Rider fans as they hurriedly try to figure out what 17k+ doubled is.

computer-facepalm.gif

14 hours ago, Ripper said:

Our stadium isn't half empty so we don't have to figure it out

haha... I remember all the bending over backwards the Riders were doing to explain why they only had a half full house the opening game of 2014.... same situation... garbage weather and delays... except the rider game was a weekend afternoon... with the team coming off a grey cup championship.... not Wednesday night... with a 2-4 team with almost no winning in the past 5 years...

15 hours ago, Ripper said:

Someone correct me here but was there not a injury concern with Loffler when he was draft eligible? Nonetheless he has been nothing short than great since he has started playing. Rookie of the year candidate maybe depending on the rest of the season goes.

They talked about it today on 1290 when I was driving in.  He had two knee surgeries on the same knee, and labrum surgery on both hips. 

58 minutes ago, Saidin said:

They talked about it today on 1290 when I was driving in.  He had two knee surgeries on the same knee, and labrum surgery on both hips. 

Thanks. I know it effected his draft position from what I remember. Good on the Bombers for taking a chance on him. Here's hoping he has a long and healthy career. Always great for the league to see some Canadian kids become stars. Does wonders for our CIS programs. 

Edited by Ripper

Loffler has star written all over him...seen it pre draft and now it's becoming reality...The injuries were a footnote of concern but I knew if we drafted him it was the right choice...So Wally let one slip away ...  heh heh.....Buono will really have his sphincter pucker when Loffler accepts his rookie of the year award...heh heh.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

haha... I remember all the bending over backwards the Riders were doing to explain why they only had a half full house the opening game of 2014.... same situation... garbage weather and delays... except the rider game was a weekend afternoon... with the team coming off a grey cup championship.... not Wednesday night... with a 2-4 team with almost no winning in the past 5 years...

There are always games when crowds are poor. Can't for the life of me understand why we play a friggin home game every year when Craven is on. Always a poor crowd.  Always factors that effect individual games. The season as a whole however is different. Look at average attendance and things of that nature tell a different storey. You guys had 14k empty seats at your last home game. BUT with the Bombers in the playoff hunt and lots of home games coming up, the attendance will be way up. When the season ends, it will be a very successful one when average attendance is calculated. Our attendance may or may not dip as the season unfolds depending on how bad we finish, but with 28k season tickets sold our average will likely stay strong.  I know all the cool kids make fun of the riders for every little thing, but supporting our team is what we do here. We almost lost the riders once many years ago, no one ever wants to see that happen again.

6 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Loffler has star written all over him...seen it pre draft and now it's becoming reality...The injuries were a footnote of concern but I knew if we drafted him it was the right choice...So Wally let one slip away ...  heh heh.....Buono will really have his sphincter pucker when Loffler accepts his rookie of the year award...heh heh.

Until he scoops him up after his first contract is over....

Players taken by other teams after pick #10 (Couture) before Loffler : 

11    MTL   Wayne Moore  RB 
12    BC     Anthony Thompson  DB 
13    TOR   DJ Sackey    OL  
14    HAM Mercer Timmis  RB  
15    CGY   Juwan Brescacin  WR  
16    OTT   Mikael Charland  DB  
17    EDM  Arjen Colquhoun  DB  
18    HAM  Mike Jones WR

Yup it's a steal to get Loffler on pick #19 

9 minutes ago, Ripper said:

There are always games when crowds are poor. Can't for the life of me understand why we play a friggin home game every year when Craven is on. Always a poor crowd.  Always factors that effect individual games. The season as a whole however is different. Look at average attendance and things of that nature tell a different storey. You guys had 14k empty seats at your last home game. BUT with the Bombers in the playoff hunt and lots of home games coming up, the attendance will be way up. When the season ends, it will be a very successful one when average attendance is calculated. Our attendance may or may not dip as the season unfolds depending on how bad we finish, but with 28k season tickets sold our average will likely stay strong.  I know all the cool kids make fun of the riders for every little thing, but supporting our team is what we do here. We almost lost the riders once many years ago, no one ever wants to see that happen again.

LOL citing the empty seats at a game that was delayed by 2.5 hours.  God you Rider fans are pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

LOL citing the empty seats at a game that was delayed by 2.5 hours.  God you Rider fans are pathetic.

CFL website says attendance was 24041, so there was 9549 empty seats at the game. The attendance is for tickets sold. look it up yourself.  For the record, the 14k number I quoted was one I read, I didn't make it up. I just looked it up officially a few minutes ago. The rain delay did not effect how many tickets were sold, or are you under the delusion that when you go home they adjust the attendance to account for your absence??

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

CFL website says attendance was 24041, so there was 9549 empty seats at the game. The attendance is for tickets sold. look it up yourself.  For the record, the 14k number I quoted was one I read, I didn't make it up. I just looked it up officially a few minutes ago. The rain delay did not effect how many tickets were sold, or are you under the delusion that when you go home they adjust the attendance to account for your absence??

So it's my fault you were off by 5k?  What's with you guys and numbers?