Question about Rod Pederson vs other media

Just now, Dragon37 said:

I am not sure why anyone would employ Rod. I get the whole fan thing but if you hire some for a somewhat journalist position they should operate with some mode of decorum. He does no service to the Riders or the league. If they wanted a cheerleader they should have just put him on the field in the Gainer costume. 

Its not easy to find someone in Saskatchewan who can form whole sentences.

12 hours ago, Dragon37 said:

I am not sure why anyone would employ Rod. I get the whole fan thing but if you hire some for a somewhat journalist position they should operate with some mode of decorum. He does no service to the Riders or the league. If they wanted a cheerleader they should have just put him on the field in the Gainer costume. 

it's not a journalist position. It's a glorified cheerleading position. 

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

At this point, I'm convinced it's just a wrestling gimmick....

I believe Pederson may honestly think that himself....part of his schtick will be prodding other reporters "playfully" because he knows he has to be over the top with the 'Riders and gets some bite back from fans and other media who are not on the "'Rider nation" bandwagon. But when an opposing editor like Drew Edwards feels compelled to write a piece in defence of his reporter against Pederson's attack, that looks from the outside to go beyond the wrestling fakery and a line has been crossed. Especially when other reporters chime in and take their shots too. Pederson's been around long enough that I'm surprised even he would have thought it was a good tactic to boost his profile in this way.

2 hours ago, Dragon37 said:

Heh. I'm not a Lawless fan at all but he does actually know some things (more so hockey than football). Pedersen is about as clueless as they come though.

As outspoken as Lawless was when he first started he has been 100x better the last couple years at least since the Jets came back. At this point he's one of the best in the business.

Edited by LimJahey

7 minutes ago, LimJahey said:

As outspoken as Lawless was when he first started he has been 100x better the last couple years at least since the Jets came back. At this point he's one of the best in the business.

I also think this is a weird statement as Lawless is an ex CFL player so saying he has more Hockey than football knowledge is almost completely false.

What? He was an Argos Public Relations guy at one point..............but player?

Edited by Noeller

10 minutes ago, LimJahey said:

I also think this is a weird statement as Lawless is an ex CFL player so saying he has more Hockey than football knowledge is almost completely false.

As other have said Lawless wasn't a player. There were some things he said in the past that showed that his football knowledge wasn't quite up to snuff. As well, even if he was a former player doesn't mean it makes him an authority/good reporter. To be honest though I can tolerate Lawless as I am free to ignore his articles,etc. Just like I do with Friesen.