Everything posted by ddanger
-
No End Call - CFL confirms it was an incorrect call
I agree our 3rd quarter and well into the 4th we sucked. But when the game was on the line we came storming back, and while we'll never know what coulda been, this was a terrible call that embarrassed the league and infuriated Bomber fans. And potentially took the game away from us.
-
No End Call - CFL confirms it was an incorrect call
I umpire baseball and I totally agree with this....the last thing an official wants to do is change the outcome of a game. I'll call a kid out on strikes if needed, but everyone has more fun if the players determine the outcome of the game, NOT the officials.
-
Odds and Sods - Game 13 Calgary Stampeders at Winnipeg Blue Bombers
I agree it was an entertaining, and VERY FRUSTRATING game...... Here's a few of my thoughts: Calgary has a real o'line, and it was obvious they are very well coached. I think we need to replace our o'line coach when we replace or OC. Khalil Bass owned Cornish when the game was on the line, he gets my vote for rookie of the year. Back to our o'line......Picard snapped the ball better, but was directly responsible for a couple of sacks. I vote to say goodbye to him at the end of the year, or now as the case may be. The announced crowd of 23k seemed large....I don't think there was even that many there. But given the result, I think next week's crowd will be bigger. Will the league announce the results of their review of the officiating?? Doubt it but it would be nice. That no end call was horrible, and when the game was on the line, needs to be made correctly and it was not IMO....
-
No End Call - CFL confirms it was an incorrect call
I was very disappointed in both of the calls......"force out" and "no end". If the ref calling the no end isn't sure he should make the call, then he shouldn't make the call. These guys are very experienced refs, and at this level a simple call like that should be correctly made 100% of the time. And wasn't that ref #21 the older looking one?? I thought he looked too old and slow to even be out there! As far as the force out call goes, I thought the guy looked like he was going to be out anyway, and didn't we see the exact same call made in Montreal with the opposite result last week?? So again the reff's have a problem.......they don't know what the correct call is.
-
JFG placed on 6 game IR
Very disappointed that we have lost another quality player. And a sure-handed receiver to boot. I must say that between the atrocious camera angles and the dropped balls ( in the first half ) this was an extremely difficult game to watch. And now Calgary and Edmonton.......not very optimistic.
-
Nick Moore Out 1 -2 Weeks
I was very impressed with Moore ( and Denmark ) in the last game. Moore played hurt, tried to get back in the game, and after another tackle was done. Yes he gets injured too much, but he's good!! I like the idea of an incentive-based contract, but I'm thinking he's gone at the end of the year.
-
Nichols is the man.
I was very please with what I saw out of Nicholls on Saturday night. Some obvious growing pains in the first half, but even then it was evident that we had a QB. I'm excited about him being here into the future as our #2, and as I said in another thread, I expect Brohm &/or Marve to be gone at the end of the season.
-
Henoc on his way to Hamilton & Toronto for visit
IMO we offer Henoc top $$. Whatever Picard is making plus 10%.....or whatever Hamilton is offering plus the 30K playoff money their guys will likely get when they play here at the end of November. In other words, whatever it takes. Throw some Christians or pagans into the ring with the Lions if that works, whatever, let's get it done.
-
Bombers trade for rights of Tajh Boyd
LOL that's not short, except maybe when you stand amongst the monsters that play O and D line! Then it's actually short and skinny...
-
Bombers trade for rights of Tajh Boyd
And there we have it, let's not get our knickers too knotted up over this young man. He's not going to play this year ( unless we have an unreal string of injuries ) and we need to be patient in his development. But......Brohm &/or Marve will not be back next year, especially if we resign Nicholls.
-
Robert Marve out for season
I feel very badly for Robert Marve and wish him a speedy recovery, and I agree that his playing career is likely over. And like Tracker has said, you wonder what his health status will be when he's 40 or 50 years old. Bet he's had a knee replacement by then. And.......Nichols is a huge upgrade, but time ( if he gets any ) will tell the tale. Are Ottawa and Hamilton the only teams left with an actual #1 QB who's playing?? Oh I guess Calgary has a #1 playing as well. So 6 out of 9 teams in the league have lost their top QB. And yet questionable hits on quarterbacks continue without penalty. The league better get it's act together.
-
Club adds International OL releases DL K Fraser, OL D Tyler
Agreed. And perhaps if the LG is improved the C might play better.
-
Greaves traded
I like this trade and Mr Morley needs to clear those rose-coloured glasses his buddy Chris hasn't been playing that well.
-
Chris Randle "Out for a While"
I read further and see that Longo's American. Doesn't matter Greaves was awful last game. It wasn't Picard who allowed two sacks it was Greaves. They sat him earlier this year, and brought him back because of injuries.
-
Chris Randle "Out for a While"
Is Longo Canadian??
-
who determines on when to pull the qb?
Not sure what the complaining is all about with the kicker. Greaves was flat-out awful yesterday, and needs to go back to the bench.
-
who determines on when to pull the qb?
You may want to review the offensice game stats before trying to defend that statements. Its probably not all his fault, but he was nowhere good enough to be a starter in any league except maybe the Lingerie League. I didn't see much of the game, but from what I saw it looked like Brohm was aiming the ball rather than throwing it, and although he appeared to have slightly more zip than I've seen previously, the ball still travels very slowly. Watch Burris throw the ball, especially his "fast ball". That's something Brohm will never have and he's 9nyears younger than Burris!
-
Kudos to Doug Brown
I listened to the coaches show last week on the radio. Pretty lame really. If you actually listen to what he says, he doesn't say anything. The vanilla questions he gives an answer, but anything to the point, there's no reply. Does Paul Maurice really give an answer to a question??? Not. They don't want to reveal anything that may give the other team an advantage.
-
[MERGED] Low Down, Rock Bottom (Stone Cold Stunned?)
I believe we changed upwards of 20 players this year. We never win the Labour Day game, and we had to know the roughies would be fired up for their new coach. Our offence was putrid, and while it's the qb who executes the plays, he simply executes the play he's told to run. Brohm is not the answer, that's glaringly apparent. But MB gives the orders for the plays, and I, like many others, believe that this mess is primarily his fault. Fire him, promote from within, and move on.
-
Marcel Bellefeuille - When does he get axed
I posted this into another thread, but Greaves was flat out awful today. I watched him directly give up 2 sacks in 3 plays. He was sat earlier for a reason, and that was pretty clear today. Fire MB quickly please!!
-
Marcel Bellefeuille - When does he get axed
I think they said on the radio that the Bombers had around 51 offensive plays in the entire game, and Sask had that number in the 2nd half.
-
Steve Morley
I was only able to watch half of the third, and all of the fourth quarter. Greaves gave up 2 sacks in 3 plays early in the 4th I think. He was brutal.
-
Who gives us the best chance to win the LDC?
We just don't know what to expect in this game. Perhaps the Riders will come out pumped about the new coach, and perhaps the Bombers will come out flat because of the ineptitude of the skipper. Or, will both crappy teams continue to soil their respective beds?? Could be a decent game, but if the weather is bad then it might not even be that. Honestly I'm not excited about the game, I voted for Davis because I think we know what Brohm brings, and there's no way we use Nichols, 2 practices isn't enough.
-
A Comprehensive Review of Kyle Walters
I also feel we have issues throughout the organization, from talent to coaching to managerial staff and I EXPECT some serious soul-searching at the end. My family has 4 season tickets and I don't know at this time how many, if any, will be renewed.
-
A Comprehensive Review of Kyle Walters
Great thread.....Lots of thought and effort and good discussion. We need more of this.