who determines on when to pull the qb?

Brandon

WTF...I don't understand this furor over why Brohm wasn't pulled. Why would they? He needs reps and quite frankly he wasn't that bad.

You may want to review the offensice game stats before trying to defend that statements. Its probably not all his fault, but he was nowhere good enough to be a starter in any league except maybe the Lingerie League.

WTF...I don't understand this furor over why Brohm wasn't pulled. Why would they? He needs reps and quite frankly he wasn't that bad.

You may want to review the offensice game stats before trying to defend that statements. Its probably not all his fault, but he was nowhere good enough to be a starter in any league except maybe the Lingerie League.
Are you suggesting you want to see Brian Brohm in lingerie??

He may have been the least of our problems but when you fail to stretch the field, if only to keep the defence honest, keep checking down or throwing underneath .. you're not the solution .. there's a reason our running game can't get going .. teams don't respect our ability to pass the ball.

and because we always run up the middle

He may have been the least of our problems but when you fail to stretch the field, if only to keep the defence honest, keep checking down or throwing underneath .. you're not the solution .. there's a reason our running game can't get going .. teams don't respect our ability to pass the ball.

and because we always run up the middle

Even that's not an issue if teams have to respect your ability to pass. Our problem is that a) teams don't and B ) every running play we run takes forever to develop ..

Nichols is the starter now.  There's no way anyone would toss a guy out there with one get-to-know you practice at Quarterback.  Hopefully we see improvement from the quarterback position, because outside of QB, Greaves/Picard/Neufeld and Hajrullahu as a punter, this is a pretty good team.

There's a guy who loves that the attention is on Brohm. Sure wish we picked up Sean Whyte.

Hajrullahu is probably repairable, Brohm is just dead weight.

Continuing to use Lirim as both punter and place-kicker is just another example of ignoring the mounting evidence that things are not working out the way "these guys" planned in the off-season.  Apparently they think waiting till next off-season to make corrections is the proper approach to attaining league domination.

Hajrullahu is probably repairable, Brohm is just dead weight.

Continuing to use Lirim as both punter and place-kicker is just another example of ignoring the mounting evidence that things are not working out the way "these guys" planned in the off-season.  Apparently they think waiting till next off-season to make corrections is the proper approach to attaining league domination.

Lirim performing both duties is not the problem. I think he's putting way too much pressure on himself to get that NFL tryout next year.

It's now affecting his psyche.

Nichols is the starter now.  There's no way anyone would toss a guy out there with one get-to-know you practice at Quarterback.  Hopefully we see improvement from the quarterback position, because outside of QB, Greaves/Picard/Neufeld and Hajrullahu as a punter, this is a pretty good team.

You've sold me on the O line being bad. It explains the problems on offence.

So I don't see how a different quarterback is going to make much difference. As you've pointed out, Willy was making completions with defenders in his face. prior to getting hammered for the last time. and, even with willy, our offence wasn't very productive.

The o line isn't much better than last years. So running plays don't work, and neither do passes longer than ten yards. That's why the play calling is limited. It's limited by the amount of time they expect the quarterback will have before he's on his ass.

What difference would it make which running play was called, if there's no blocking? If there was a running play that would work, they'd call it. 

Can't have any kind of offence without a half decent O line. which we don't have. again.

probably a combination of reasons why.

I didn't see much of the game, but from what I saw it looked like Brohm was aiming the ball rather than throwing it, and although he appeared to have slightly more zip than I've seen previously, the ball still travels very slowly. Watch Burris throw the ball, especially his "fast ball". That's something Brohm will never have and he's 9nyears younger than Burris!

You've sold me on the O line being bad. It explains the problems on offence.

So I don't see how a different quarterback is going to make much difference. As you've pointed out, Willy was making completions with defenders in his face. prior to getting hammered for the last time. and, even with willy, our offence wasn't very productive.

The o line isn't much better than last years. So running plays don't work, and neither do passes longer than ten yards. That's why the play calling is limited. It's limited by the amount of time they expect the quarterback will have before he's on his ass.

What difference would it make which running play was called, if there's no blocking? If there was a running play that would work, they'd call it. 

Can't have any kind of offence without a half decent O line. which we don't have. again.

Thing is they do have the players for more than a half decent line. Problem is they don't have plays to counter the other team's so it is hard to keep your QB from getting hit or pressured. Our receivers are not getting open or coming back to the QB. Most of all though is we are completely unable to adapt to what happens on the field.

Not sure what the complaining is all about with the kicker. Greaves was flat-out awful yesterday, and needs to go back to the bench.

Yeah. Liram's been decent. That return wasn't the problem of the punt at all it was where he was asked to put it and the ensuing coverage. It seems that every time the Bombers have to kick from deep in their end Tracey ask Liram to place the ball in the middle of the field and the blockers are called to basically spread contain which leaves them totally weak up the middle. The ball should have been placed on or inside the right hash and contain left which should mean the cover team only has to cover 1/3 of the field.